PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision lowers in stock at Aero but be prepared to be raped.

striped1
01-16-13, 14:05
Just spent 1.5 hours trying to get aero lowers - they still have some in stock. From the time the website went live to I was able to get to the cart, the price went from $150.00 to $200.00. The were actually put into the cart at $150 and rang up at $200. At this point I wish they would choke on all 1000 that they had.

Nice business practices.

MrSunday
01-16-13, 14:24
All this after they posted they would not be increasing the price from $99.
They also asked to be informed if there products are being price gouged by any of their retailers.
I get the initial $50 increase in price but the way they have handled this thing really sucks.

BigLarge
01-16-13, 14:25
out of stock

markm
01-16-13, 14:33
I can't blame aero for the price... Not sure how they handled it, but why should they make the Gunbroker parasites rich?

shaneinhisroom
01-16-13, 14:49
If you subscribe to their facebook feed they bought new CNC machines and this price increase was to justify paying those machines off. I just placed my order for 1.

Karcas
01-16-13, 15:13
If you subscribe to their facebook feed they bought new CNC machines and this price increase was to justify paying those machines off. I just placed my order for 1.

My only problem is that they said on Jan 2nd that they would not be raising prices.
I find it hard to believe that they placed an order for a new machine after making that statement and have already received it (14 days later), have it set up, and are using it to make these. Besides...who drops the coin on a NEW machine like that in the face of a possible AWB? That sounds foolish to me.

I honestly thought the $150 was reasonable. They did hire more staff to handle the volume of this sale...and that takes $$.

Just my $0.02. No need to flip the **** out and call me a commie or anything.

1911geek
01-16-13, 15:14
Gunbroker USED to be a great place to buy all things gun related, not IMHO, it's nothing more than a gun friendly eBay.

shaneinhisroom
01-16-13, 15:16
My only problem is that they said on Jan 2nd that they would not be raising prices.
I find it hard to believe that they placed an order for a new machine after making that statement and have already received it (14 days later), have it set up, and are using it to make these. Besides...who drops the coin on a NEW machine like that in the face of a possible AWB? That sounds foolish to me.

I honestly thought the $150 was reasonable. They did hire more staff to handle the volume of this sale...and that takes $$.

Just my $0.02. No need to flip the **** out and call me a commie or anything.

Yeah. Saw that too. To each their own. There's price gouging like Aero Precision, then there's price gouging like CTD. **** CTD.

FWIW, they make good products. At worst I'll have an extra stripped lower in the house.

The_Count
01-16-13, 15:17
Nobody was bitching when gold skyrocketed. In fact Many Americans cashed in. Now that guns and magazines are a hot commodity people are kicking and screaming.

What about when things went the other way? When PMags went to 10 for $100 I didn't see anyone upset.

Since when did our group of Red Blooded Americans become so discontent with the American Free Market? Ohh... I remember when... the moment it was inconvenient for them.

TC

Travis B
01-16-13, 15:41
Yeah. Saw that too. To each their own. There's price gouging like Aero Precision, then there's price gouging like CTD. **** CTD.

FWIW, they make good products. At worst I'll have an extra stripped lower in the house.

At what price is their gouging too much? At least most companies are being honest as to why they're gouging to take advantage of panic buyers. Aero is saying its an increase in operating costs? C'mon, those should be absorbed by their increased sales they projected when they decided to buy a new cnc machine, not at the flip of a switch when they realize they will quickly sell out at ome price so they slow demand by bumping the price by 100% total.

When you're raping the panic buyers, don't pat them on the back telling you its not their fault.

WhiskyNiner
01-16-13, 15:52
This is news to anyone? Be glad that's all you paid. It won't be long, maybe, that you'll be bragging that you got it for ONLY $200.

Free market rules. Good price, good quality, good availability. Choose any two.

Letzgoracin301
01-16-13, 15:53
Sold out already from what I was just told.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2