PDA

View Full Version : Attaching a barrel to the upper receiver

tgizzard
01-16-13, 19:39
I know I'm probably going to catch crap here. BUT, I'm in the process of putting my first actual build together. On a side note, I clearly picked the wrong time to start one. But I had to save up the money and now is when I can do it.

Side tracked. Anyway, I have a Double Star A3 complete upper coming in this weekend as well as 16" inch DS-4 Gov't Barrel and a gas tube. My question is, how do I go about actually attaching the barrel to the upper / what tools are required? I've already got a BCG on hand as well as the lower, troy battle rail etc. Basically, I decided to go the route of individual parts rather then buy the upper barreled and whatnot as this route is much cheaper at the moment. What other parts might I need to purchase as well in order to mount the barrel?

Please excuse my extreme ignorance here, as this is my first actual build. My previous AR was bought fully assembled. Thanks in advance for any input.

warpigM-4
01-16-13, 19:55
you will need a barrel wrench a vise claw to hold the upper in a vise and a torque wrench to torque the barrel down to right Specs look under the sticky threads for more info on the specs

AFshirt
01-16-13, 19:57
Also required is the correct grease for the threads.

tgizzard
01-16-13, 20:05
excellent, thank you. I'll look into getting those tools as well as checking out those threads.

Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated!