PDA

View Full Version : Now is it shotgun ammo?

Zane1844
01-17-13, 12:34
Before this panic I was able to find 12 gauge ammo fairly easy on the internet (my preferred way of buying bulk for it is cheaper, even with shipping.) now I cannot find Federal 00 buck anywhere. Wallyworld in my area has almost no ammo in stock either. And Big 5 charges way too much.

So has anyone else noticed shotgun ammo also disappearing? I mean there IS shotgun ammo around, but 00 buck in all places I have looked is gone, and there is just a few of other types.

I will admit though, I can still find Remington 00 buck at two sites.

I think this panic is having a domino effect, it seems that the whole gun industry will come to a halt.

Luckygunner, and Bulk Ammo, both have Remington 00 buck, if anyone wants to know.

I could not find it anywhere else.

oh yeah: Luckygunner also has Remington UMC .223 for a dollar a round. 200 round box for 200 dollars. ;)

markm
01-17-13, 13:10
I think this panic is having a domino effect, it seems that the whole gun industry will come to a halt.

Always does...

I remember the last tardfest, .22 rimfire was hard to find because no one wanted to shoot the .223, 45, 9mm or whatever that they WERE able to score.

It'll come back... It always does.

Boxerglocker
01-17-13, 13:10
I buy Sellier and Bellot 00 buckshot from my local Cabelas for practice/training rounds. Funny enough they don't have it listed on their website anymore. Last I bought it was over a year ago when I bought a case of 500 shells.
I still buy my 7.5 birdshot from Cabelas locally, between the sale prices, coupons and Cabelas visa card points it's the best deal.

Keith E.
01-17-13, 14:21
Plenty of low brass birdshot availably locally from what I've seen. Everything else including 22lr, as in no rimfire on the shelves at Wally-World, is being scooped up.

Keith

Stump70
01-17-13, 22:55
There was some 28gauge last time I was in wal mart.
Not much else.

markm
01-18-13, 06:55
There was some 28gauge last time I was in wal mart.
Not much else.

That's rough. :p

kid presentable
01-18-13, 06:59
a local shop near me has plenty of turkey loads and sabot slugs laying around. buck shot around here has been scarce.

Shao
01-18-13, 07:05
12 gauge is everywhere I look... all ammo is overpriced right now. I would just wait a few months before buying again. No ban will ban shotgun shells or most shotguns (I hope now). Luckily, I've been stocking 12 like crazy since 2005... and I'm not gonna lie, I have a .22LR collection that would make most competition .22 shooters envious. I look at this way - if the SHTF, use the .22 for meat (or my bow, crossbow, spears, airguns, blowgun, or slingshots), everything else for defense. If everything else runs out, resort to the left over .22LR and aim for eyes!!!

Zane1844
01-18-13, 10:56
I was thinking about getting that Remington 00 buck and going shooting up in the mountains with the 870- finally replaced that dumb extended "tactical" choke it came with. Then by the end of day yesterday...it was gone on both Luckygunner and Bulkammo. Who bought it all from here? :P

No gun nor caliber is safe during these times, time to go airsofting. :cool: