PDA

View Full Version : Value of 10 round Glock mag in NY right now?

zk556x45
01-17-13, 19:07
Mods: If this is an inappropriate topic or location, please delete or move.

I need help putting a fair value on a 10 round Glock 19 magazine for a potential buyer in NY. Used and in very good condition.

What are these going for (or better, what is a fair price)?

I have no idea.

Thanks for the input (especially dudes in NY).

Cagemonkey
01-17-13, 19:09
$30 to $35.

D.S. Brown
01-17-13, 22:11
For a used mag, I would say whatever you paid for it minus 20%, plus the cost of the CHEAPEST shipping that will get it there safely and in one piece.

Best,

Dave

RagweedZulu
01-17-13, 23:29
Aren't New York residents required to get rid of their 10 round magazines after a short period of time? I thought they were going to be restricted to 7 rounds with no grandfathering. ???

Spikele
01-17-13, 23:32
Required to get rid of them. Value - "What you can sell them for on GB"

Alaskapopo
01-17-13, 23:38
Aren't New York residents required to get rid of their 10 round magazines after a short period of time? I thought they were going to be restricted to 7 rounds with no grandfathering. ???

No they are required to get rid of there 11+ round mags form the last ban in one year. They can keep their 10 round mags but can only load them with 7 rounds otherwise its a misdemeanor. All new mags must be 7 rounds.
Pat

newyork
01-17-13, 23:44
Alaskapopo is right. Please don't **** is and ask for unreasonable prices for an otherwise undesirable piece of equipment if you actually care.

TF82
01-18-13, 00:19
Removed to prevent the spread of bad information.

mikelowrey
01-18-13, 00:24
It is my understanding that you have a year to sell off all magazines over 7 rounds and until then you may only load them with seven rounds. I feel dumber just for typing this.

10 rounds that you already bought before the bill are grandfathered and only allow to have 7 bullets.

RyanB
01-18-13, 00:31
I have a G19 mag for the first guy in NY that posts "**** Governor Cuomo!" and PMs me his address.

If I can find it. It's in a box. Just saw it last week though.

TF82
01-18-13, 00:42
10 rounds that you already bought before the bill are grandfathered and only allow to have 7 bullets.

My apologies, I was dumber for typing that. mikelowrey and Alaskapopo are correct, it is the pre-94 standard capacity magazines that must be disposed of.

TriviaMonster
01-18-13, 01:10
Haha, they can have 10 rounders but only load them to 7. How can they be so bold to give criminals an automatic 3 round advantage over law abiding civvies? :suicide:

And yeah, it's high time we start acting like the community we were before all this BS. Good for you and your "**** Cuomo Proposal".

TF82
01-18-13, 03:59
Haha, they can have 10 rounders but only load them to 7. How can they be so bold to give criminals an automatic 3 round advantage over law abiding civvies? :suicide:

And yeah, it's high time we start acting like the community we were before all this BS. Good for you and your "**** Cuomo Proposal".

Not only did they give criminals an advantage over law abiding civilians but at the moment they will technically be giving criminals an advantage over cops. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116 Ooops. Way to go guys, guess thats what happens when you refuse to give a bill any consideration before voting on it.

jpmuscle
01-18-13, 04:06
I have a G19 mag for the first guy in NY that posts "**** Governor Cuomo!" and PMs me his address.

If I can find it. It's in a box. Just saw it last week though.

**** Governor Cuomo

Do I win? lol :D

jpmuscle
01-18-13, 04:09
Not only did they give criminals an advantage over law abiding civilians but at the moment they will technically be giving criminals an advantage over cops. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116 Ooops. Way to go guys, guess thats what happens when you refuse to give a bill any consideration before voting on it.

And to further that this is a quote from one of state senators

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

Apparently taking ammunition away from the average law abiding citizen does not constitute the same level of stupidity in his eyes.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

Mike169
01-18-13, 06:09
This is no better than the assholes selling stripped lowers for $1000+ and DPMS flat tops for $3000. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

You wanna stand up for gun rights? Stop raping law abiding gun owners just because you can.

trio
01-18-13, 07:34
For what it's worth, they also cannot buy new 10 rounders, so the answer to the OPs question should be $0

10 round magazines owned on 1/15 when the law was signed were grandfathered under the exception

Any new magazine purchased after that date may only have a maximum capacity of 7 rounds

Guns like the Glock 36, PPS and 1911s just got significantly more popular

01-18-13, 08:33
So am I to assume that Glock and others will be including 7 round mags with all their pistols? Or will they just say "screw it, buy something else"?

blunderocerous
01-18-13, 09:21
So am I to assume that Glock and others will be including 7 round mags with all their pistols? Or will they just say "screw it, buy something else"?

If I was the the King of Glock I would probably wait to see what legislative madness is generated by some of the other states before making changes to my design and production schedules. I wouldn't want to dedicate labor and materials to a seven round mag only to have some other merry band of tyrants in another state come along and outdo New York.

twistedcomrade
01-18-13, 09:22

I would charge a preimum to make these non standard capacity mags. It will cost Glock or any other company money to tool up make these non standard mags.

TF82
01-18-13, 16:52
The other genius element of this law is that there is no way to ID a magazine bought last week from one bought tomorrow.

NeoNeanderthal
01-18-13, 20:49
The other genius element of this law is that there is no way to ID a magazine bought last week from one bought tomorrow.

Thats what I was wondering. How the hell do they know which 10 round mags were from before the ban? Whats to stop everyone in new york from stocking up on 10 rounders right now even now, after the ban is enacted?

Litpipe
01-18-13, 21:17
Same as anywhefe. $20.00

RearwardAssist
01-18-13, 21:28
This is no better than the assholes selling stripped lowers for $1000+ and DPMS flat tops for $3000. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

You wanna stand up for gun rights? Stop raping law abiding gun owners just because you can.

I dont see anyone suggesting ridiculous prices, or anything that anyone should be ashamed about? Take a deep breath.

CAVDOC
01-18-13, 21:45
Actually the state just put up an FAQ page that says we can continue to buy 10 rounders until april

Wolfman131
01-18-13, 21:54
During the days of the original AWB, Glock magazines holding more then ten rounds commanded as much as $200.00 each. Obviously, in New York state, a ten round magazine is now a hi-capacity device, and price will be determined by supply & demand!

jamaicanj
01-18-13, 22:07
I need to look for my ten round Glock mags to trade for the regular capacity mags

Spiffums
01-19-13, 05:41

No one is raping anyone. No one is holding a gun to peoples head and forcing them to pay these prices. If your behind the curve well you should have prepared better you have had all this time to save up and get enough to get by.

This is the modern day version of the 10 Virgins in the bible. They had time to get wicks and oil......some did and some didn't.

Mike169
01-19-13, 13:36
No one is raping anyone. No one is holding a gun to peoples head and forcing them to pay these prices. If your behind the curve well you should have prepared better you have had all this time to save up and get enough to get by.

This is the modern day version of the 10 Virgins in the bible. They had time to get wicks and oil......some did and some didn't.

Behind the curve?

People are buying stripped lowers, high cap magazines, etc, IN BULK, not because they want them for personal use, but because they intend on reselling these items at huge markups. People are being greedy, selfish assholes about guns right now, and it sickens me. If these people really cared about gun rights and gun ownership, they'd be buying them 1 or a few at a time so that everyone can get one or a few for themselves before any bans go into place, but they're just buying them to placate their own greed. **** those people, I find them to be as bad as those pushing the bans.

As I stated to the OP in a private message, he may not fall into this category. I read his post as "exactly how much can I gouge the price of this magazine to the poor saps scrambling to purchase legal means of carry", and if that's not his intention than I apologize.

Wolfman131
01-19-13, 19:12
Behind the curve?

People are buying stripped lowers, high cap magazines, etc, IN BULK, not because they want them for personal use, but because they intend on reselling these items at huge markups. People are being greedy, selfish assholes about guns right now, and it sickens me. If these people really cared about gun rights and gun ownership, they'd be buying them 1 or a few at a time so that everyone can get one or a few for themselves before any bans go into place, but they're just buying them to placate their own greed. **** those people, I find them to be as bad as those pushing the bans.

Unless you can present compelling data that supports your quotations, you are quite literally, inventing your conclusions! A thing I cannot abide, is your sense of entitlement, and the posturing as though you are the arbiter of what is fair & just!

To be specific, you are in complete error here, totally! What you have come to expect as a value point, is past! Those days appear to be gone for all time! The market will determine value, based upon the ancient formula of supply v demand! :rolleyes:

ramairthree
01-19-13, 20:40

There are some that will call this simple supply and demand.
People have different opinions on the ethics of a panic market.

Simple supply and demand is a good thing. Demand goes up. Companies invest time, money and effort into increasing product, new products, more jobs, etc. Their increased profits increase supply in good way. If demand goes back down too far, they take the hit.

What we are seeing with people buying bulk to flip is not a good thing. I am not talking people that have stuff, and now have a choice to unload it at a profit. I am not talking people that invested in a stock of items before the madness that can now sell them at a profit. I am not talking guys buying a ton of supplies so they will never run out.

I am talking people that specifically buy to flip because they happened to be the guy that hit Walmart when the WWB cases came in or whatever.

My personal opinion is that
people buying in bulk to flip now are like the guys that buy all the generators and plywood to flip for profit during a hurricane. The companies that produce the plywood and make the generators do not benefit.

But people can sell for what they want to ask, and people can pay whatever they want. A relative paid 1200$ for a NIB Bushmaster at a LGS last week and felt lucky to get it. If he had bought ten at that price to sell for 2000$ each, I may have an opinion on the ethics of that, but people can do what they want I guess.

elnino31
01-19-13, 21:01
FWIW, there are a lot of people who have extra ARs. They've chosen to sell them now because the price is high. Or maybe they are selling POS bushy/oly/dpms because they've always wanted to, but couldn't stomach only being able to get $700. I have an extra and while I don't want to sell, I could find good uses for 2500 or $3k.

Either way, it's up to the person paying the price. So keep a couple of things in mind before slamming others: 1) there is no ban. 2) there is no ban. If people want to pay the price because they lack patience or foresight, then so be it.

RagweedZulu
01-20-13, 22:17
I somewhat agree with elnino. There is no ban and there won't be a ban. There are no republicans in congress onboard with it and few democrats even want it. Bill Clinton even came out and warned dems publicly to steer clear of the gun bans. Go figure. The sad thing is that so many people are buying super-inflated guns and ammo and in a few months they'll look back and kick themselves when the stores are full of ARs and ammo again. That $1700 AR they bought in January will be worth a whopping $800 by summer. People are sheep. If you didn't prepare for this you deserve to get gouged. It pisses me off to see a thread by some clown asking where he can get high cap Glock mags. Seriously dude?!?! Now you start looking?!?!

m1a_scoutguy
01-20-13, 22:35
Mods: If this is an inappropriate topic or location, please delete or move.

I need help putting a fair value on a 10 round Glock 19 magazine for a potential buyer in NY. Used and in very good condition.

What are these going for (or better, what is a fair price)?

I have no idea.

Thanks for the input (especially dudes in NY).

I was at my Local Gun Shop (My Main One I Go To) on Saturday & one of my buddies was looking for some G19 Mags,,,Shop had some,,price marked on them was $28 bucks,,pretty fair I thought,,& my main Gun Guy is far from cheap,,,LOL,,,but not the most expensive either !!! I don't doubt you could get more,,the market is what it is !! I don't need any 19 mags,,but we would appreciate it if you don't rape us anymore than we are right now,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL !!!!
All 10 Rd mags that we currently Own can be kept,,we also can BUY 10 RD anything,,Glock/1911/AR,,,etc,,,until March 15th or so,,maybe April,,,I gotta go check for the exact date,,,but most places are already NOT selling/sending anything to NY in fear of getting screwed them-selfs !!

mkmckinley
01-20-13, 23:16
I was at my Local Gun Shop (My Main One I Go To) on Saturday & one of my buddies was looking for some G19 Mags,,,Shop had some,,price marked on them was $28 bucks,,pretty fair I thought,,& my main Gun Guy is far from cheap,,,LOL,,,but not the most expensive either !!! I don't doubt you could get more,,the market is what it is !! I don't need any 19 mags,,but we would appreciate it if you don't rape us anymore than we are right now,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL !!!!
All 10 Rd mags that we currently Own can be kept,,we also can BUY 10 RD anything,,Glock/1911/AR,,,etc,,,until March 15th or so,,maybe April,,,I gotta go check for the exact date,,,but most places are already NOT selling/sending anything to NY in fear of getting screwed them-selfs !!

Wow!!,,LOL!!!

Snake Plissken
01-20-13, 23:44
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

- Thomas Jefferson

Enjoy whatever size magazines you want in NY. If D.C. won't even charge David Gregory for violating magazine "laws" on television, there ain't shit to be worried about. Go on a road trip and get yourself some standard magazines in a free state.

sjc3081
01-21-13, 00:10
Actually the state just put up an FAQ page that says we can continue to buy 10 rounders until april

How about a link.
http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

Bulletdog
01-21-13, 18:48

Let me get this straight. People who are taking advantage of other people's failure to prepare and charging higher than "normal" prices for items that people can voluntarily choose to buy, or not buy, are just as bad as the as politicians who wish to strip us of our rights and leave us defenseless against criminals and government tyranny?

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that and maybe rephrase it?

The OP just wants to know the going rate for a mag in his area at this time. Where did all the venom come from?

FAB45
01-21-13, 19:00
I wouldn't sell, keep what you got, AR mags are more valuable right now.

Mike169
01-21-13, 20:24
Let me get this straight. People who are taking advantage of other people's failure to prepare and charging higher than "normal" prices for items that people can voluntarily choose to buy, or not buy, are just as bad as the as politicians who wish to strip us of our rights and leave us defenseless against criminals and government tyranny?

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that and maybe rephrase it?

The OP just wants to know the going rate for a mag in his area at this time. Where did all the venom come from?

I have privately and publicly apologized to the OP for lumping him in with this group.

As for the gougers, yes they are just as bad. They are each using a volatile and emotional situation in order to propel their own selfish desires.

You ca rephrase it 6 different ways and include puppies and babies and it won't change my opinion. People on both sides of this issue are taking advantage of others, it's pathetic.

RelliK
01-21-13, 20:29
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

- Thomas Jefferson

Enjoy whatever size magazines you want in NY. If D.C. won't even charge David Gregory for violating magazine "laws" on television, there ain't shit to be worried about. Go on a road trip and get yourself some standard magazines in a free state.

awesome!

RearwardAssist
01-21-13, 20:32
I have privately and publicly apologized to the OP for lumping him in with this group.

As for the gougers, yes they are just as bad. They are each using a volatile and emotional situation in order to propel their own selfish desires.

You ca rephrase it 6 different ways and include puppies and babies and it won't change my opinion. People on both sides of this issue are taking advantage of others, it's pathetic.

Oh you dirty profiteers God forbid you put your money on the line and risk your capitol to make more money. Its just not fair. We shall inact a fair share law. :rolleyes:

Mike169
01-21-13, 22:47
Oh you dirty profiteers God forbid you put your money on the line and risk your capitol to make more money. Its just not fair. We shall inact a fair share law. :rolleyes:

Sigh, you people kill me..

Mike169
01-21-13, 22:49
Seriously though, every now and again I forget how utterly pointless it is to argue over the Internet. For that I'm sorry. You all enjoy your thread.

zk556x45
01-21-13, 23:10
Wow. That escalated quickly...

Thanks to those of you who attempted to respond to the question I asked.

I think we can probably consider this one closed.

Steve

kenndapp
01-22-13, 11:31
..... Please delete.

Bulletdog
01-22-13, 14:28
Seriously though, every now and again I forget how utterly pointless it is to argue over the Internet. For that I'm sorry. You all enjoy your thread.

I don't find it pointless. A lot can be learned from disagreements like this. I frequently pick up little gems of education when two or more internet combatants lock horns.

I'm just saying that I don't equate a guy taking advantage of a bummer of a situation by trying to make a few extra bucks, with a large group of people conspiring to strip good, law abiding citizens of their natural born, and constitutionally protected rights for whatever their convoluted reasons. I would love for you to explain how these two things are even in the same ball park.

Not accusing the OP of anything at all, BTW. I don't think he fits into any category listed here.

zk556x45
01-22-13, 14:39
Not accusing the OP of anything at all, BTW. I don't think he fits into any category listed here.

I appreciate that. Thank you.