PDA

View Full Version : any reason to modify this?

handlebar
01-18-13, 17:45
I have a pre-1994, probably late Green box Colt 6450. It has a notched hammer and the original unramped bolt. I bought it from a retired cop here in S. FL. almost 2 years ago. I have no idea how many rounds are down the barrel, I know I have put about 1000. Since it is stock and has had no problems as it stands, is it necessary to ramp the bolt and change the hammer? If I ramp the bolt, can I still use the notched hammer or do I have to put in a standard AR hammer? BTW, it is accurate and has never, at least for me failed to do what it does best, shoot. Currently, I have a spare RRA complete upper with a 10.5" barrel and I am waiting for my stamp. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Handlebar aka Mike

TahoeLT
01-18-13, 17:58
First thing that pops into my head is, "Why are you considering modifying it?" If it works flawlessly why change it?

michael word
01-18-13, 18:06
If you are intent on changing it, I would not worry about the hammer and just buy a new FA carrier, if you can find one.

handlebar
01-18-13, 18:07
I've heard so much about the ramped bolt, I was just curious. i don't want to do it, just wondered if it was necessary. I agree with you, why, if it does not need it.
thanks,
Mike