PDA

View Full Version : holster for glock 17

StR8ShOoTeR87
01-19-13, 10:59
looking for a holster for a g17 that has a tac light and red dot sight (fastfire). Any one have knowledge of a company I need to look at?:confused:

Sam
01-19-13, 11:14
Raven Concealment.

Rohardi
01-19-13, 11:23
Raven Concealment.

What he said!

Gutshot John
01-19-13, 11:25
Dark Star Gear.

Littlelebowski
01-19-13, 11:26
Dark Star Gear.

This.

AKDoug
01-19-13, 11:42
For that setup you are going to need to find a holster maker that will do completely custom work. To make a holster you also need to find a maker that has your exact tac light and that fastfire on hand. This is pretty unlikely, since it's not a very normal setup. If your fastfire sits far enough back on the slide, it may clear the top of holster and not be an issue.

What type of light do you have?

mkmckinley
01-19-13, 11:46
I just got two of DSG Arms' kydex holsters for my 17s and I'm very impressed. They're well made, inexpensive and best of all no wait time.

Gutshot John
01-19-13, 11:57
To make a holster you also need to find a maker that has your exact tac light and that fastfire on hand. This is pretty unlikely

For a premium I'd bet DSG would though you might have to ship the components.

All in all they do great work and are very responsive to the customer's wishes.

StR8ShOoTeR87
01-19-13, 12:44
For that setup you are going to need to find a holster maker that will do completely custom work. To make a holster you also need to find a maker that has your exact tac light and that fastfire on hand. This is pretty unlikely, since it's not a very normal setup. If your fastfire sits far enough back on the slide, it may clear the top of holster and not be an issue.

What type of light do you have?

el-cheapo nc star but I would be just as happy taking the light off for just a red dot sight holster

NeoNeanderthal
01-19-13, 13:00
Everyone is jumping the gun here. Is this a concealed carry rig? Is it open carry/tactical rig... do you need retention? The recommended raven concealment is a great choice but it has no retention and would be semi custom in that they wont have that light.

Honestly if you want raven or something similar and don't want to wait id ditch that light and get a TLR which is pretty cheap and youll be able to get a holster faster.

If you want retention you could go with safari land like a 6004 or a even thumbdrive style system. a 6004 would be more forgiving of your unconventional light set up.

NeoNeanderthal
01-19-13, 13:07
Also.... Lasers on handguns are not as useful as you would think. It's not like the on tv. They have a niche- and are the tits when for some reason you cant see your sights (gas mask or a shield of something) so unless your swat......

on a side note- they are a good training aid and can help your diagnose issues.

Split66
01-19-13, 13:16
Per Sec Systems LLC. Steve is a member here, and makes top notch kydex products at reasonable prices. They have great CS as well, I'm sure you could PM or talk directly to him about anything you need.

http://www.persecsystems.com/

He also typically has the G17 weaponlight enabled holsters in stock unlike alot of other places, in a conventional format or a signature series format, you would have to ask about the RDS clearing the holster.

http://www.persecsystems.com/page/online-store#!/~/product/category=3450134&id=15568128

RHINOWSO
01-19-13, 13:39
Raven.

Devildawg2531
01-19-13, 13:53
Also.... Lasers on handguns are not as useful as you would think. It's not like the on tv. They have a niche- and are the tits when for some reason you cant see your sights (gas mask or a shield of something) so unless your swat......

on a side note- they are a good training aid and can help your diagnose issues.

Do a night time IDPA style pistol competition with laser, light's, night sights, etc. I guarantee you will clearly see the "niche" that a SureFireX400 Light / Laser combo fills if your interested in faster hits with more accuracy.

popo198
01-19-13, 17:14
I have a custom belt and holster from Broken J Tactical for my Glock 22 w/Procyon light. $100.00 out the door and made locally by a deputy. Kydex holster and nylon belt with a Cobra buckle. I had to give him my weapon light for a couple of days for the custom fit. I wear it for court and off duty, highly recommend checking him out.

theblackknight
01-19-13, 20:11
Thats a lot of shit to stuff down your pants

sent from mah gun,using my sights

StR8ShOoTeR87
01-19-13, 20:26
No the holster will not be for carry, this is my Home defense gun but want something for the range. I cut into my blackhawk holster to accommodate my red dot sight.:D hey it werks!

wesshipman
01-19-13, 20:40
+1 for Raven Concealment

StR8ShOoTeR87
01-19-13, 21:02
seems most people say raven. will look at the website thanx:p