PDA

View Full Version : New Bushmaster mags..

D. Manley
01-19-13, 21:55
Never used them, are they GTG? My LGD had some 30 rounders come in & also has Colts for a few bucks more. Both are priced over what they were a few weeks ago but reasonable "considering".

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

obucina
01-19-13, 22:00
Never used them, are they GTG? My LGD had some 30 rounders come in & also has Colts for a few bucks more. Both are priced over what they were a few weeks ago but reasonable "considering".

when i bought my BM in 2008, the mag had the Bushmaster stamp on the bottom, but had a magpul follower. I only noticed it in passing as I caught the magpul logo at the front of the follower.

Stickman
01-19-13, 22:01

What is your version of reasonable currently?

D. Manley
01-19-13, 22:09
It was a quick call about something else but $22 & $24 if I got it right. If wrong, that's close.

BH321
01-19-13, 22:10
Last I heard D&H was still the manufacturer of Bushmaster magazines, whilst NHMTG/OKAY is the manufacturer of Colt magazines. Both are good to go though I personally prefer the Colt/OKAY/NHMTG magazines over the D&H magazines unless the D&H already have the Magul anti-tilt followers installed.

D. Manley
01-19-13, 22:33
Last I heard D&H was still the manufacturer of Bushmaster magazines, whilst NHMTG/OKAY is the manufacturer of Colt magazines. Both are good to go though I personally prefer the Colt/OKAY/NHMTG magazines over the D&H magazines unless the D&H already have the Magul anti-tilt followers installed.

This matches what I've seen too, thanks. I'm inclined to go with Colt while the opportunity is there but good point on the Magpul followers. I'll check this for sure.

duece71
01-20-13, 12:33
For some reason, I remember seeing BNIB Bushmaster mags priced at something ridiculous even before the current mess started. I have always wondered why the BM mags were priced so much higher. Pricing was around $25-30 per mag when someone could still get D&H mags (DSG, BCM and others) for $8-10. Could these BM mags possibly have been pre ban? Maybe the retailer where I saw the inflated pricing was incorrect.

RHINOWSO
01-20-13, 14:24
Maybe the retailer where I saw the inflated pricing was incorrect.If the retailer is a LGS, you can up the incorrect probability to about 99%. I never speak besides pleasantries at any LGS and the bullshit I hear spewed is staggering sometimes...

Warp
01-20-13, 14:30
I bought a new Bushmaster Carbon 15 recently. I know, I know, I sinned. I haven't fired it yet (Tuesday I should) but just loading and unloading the 30 round magazine it came with...the magazine sure seems like a piece of shit to me.

RHINOWSO
01-20-13, 14:39
I bought a new Bushmaster Carbon 15 recently. I know, I know, I sinned. I haven't fired it yet (Tuesday I should) but just loading and unloading the 30 round magazine it came with...the magazine sure seems like a piece of shit to me.

Hopefully it's just the magazine that's a POS... ;)

sdelam
01-20-13, 14:43
I have two BM mags, a 10 & a 20. Both work fine but the 20 rnd mag doesn't drop free from any rifle I own. Both were over $20 in 07. Both were nought becsuse went to the range and forgot mags.:mad:

O3SKILL
01-20-13, 20:05

D&H Ind. formerly LaBelle Ind. has always been the mag supplier to Bushmaster as far as I know. As someone else stated, the D&H/LaBelle Teflon coated 30rd magazines produced for DPMS and Bushmaster have always seemed to command a premium. Especially so during the 94 AWB.

The Bushy mags had their logo on the floor plate and the DPMS floor plates were stamped Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services. Both would easily bring $35.00 to $40.00 ea back in the day. Talking to folks who had purchased magazines prior to Sept 1994, these same magazines were $7 to $10 each. In other words ALOT cheaper ....kinda like they were a few months ago compared to now!! :confused:

Spikele
01-20-13, 21:02
Squirrel, where? where?