PDA

View Full Version : Late winter deer season bonus! Jewelry!

SIGFORALL
01-20-13, 16:08
I put a nice shoulder/heart shot on this doe at 32 yards. While cleaning her out I found my barnes bullet. My loads are barnes 250 grain bullets on top of 22.5 grains of winchester 296 powder with a HEAVY crimp. These are MAGNUM loads for Ruger and TC pistols!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/skunkmusky/2013-01-19_09_45_452.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/skunkmusky/2013-01-19_14_26_21.jpg

Kenneth
01-20-13, 17:52
Wow! That's pretty awesome to take a deer with a handgun period. That bullet really did the job of expanding.

jmnielsen
01-20-13, 18:33
That's awesome! Chased a deer around for a while with a ruger red hawk .44 mag but couldn't get in comfortable shooting distance. Still on the to-do list.

Tekel
01-20-13, 18:47
That's pretty awesome. Heck of a spread not to pass thru

SirPeasant
02-01-13, 17:18
I put a nice shoulder/heart shot on this doe at 32 yards. While cleaning her out I found my barnes bullet. My loads are barnes 250 grain bullets on top of 22.5 grains of winchester 296 powder with a HEAVY crimp. These are MAGNUM loads for Ruger and TC pistols!

In 1977 at age 28 stationed in Kodiak, Alaska I was a newbie to hunting deer. Took off in my F-150 4X4 with my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with (1) yes, ONE single handloaded 240 gr speer behind 22 grains of 2400 powder. Met an accomodating deer and put one precisely behind the shoulder thru the lungs. Dropped like a rock but was kicking hind legs like no tomorrow. In short, got back to the Transmitter site, tossed the deer onto the loading platform and my buddy came back to have a look see. I'll never forget him asking what was that 8" stripe going across the deers body to which I replied - "Larry, how wide are my tires".
THE REST OF THE STORY-- Gutted and skinned the beast but being such a neophyte, it's like what do I do now? So I took the carcass home, layed it in the bathtub and closed the shower curtain. Half hour later the wife gets up - I know the neighbors must've heard that blood curdling scream followed by some serious swear words when she pulled back that shower curtain. BTW, we're still married! She ate my deer stew last week and we fixed deer stir-fry last night and she loved every bite.
LESSON LEARNED-- Always take more than just ONE bullet and fer the luv of the lord NEVER leave a deer carcass in your bathtub! :D

murphman
02-08-13, 19:10

In 1977 at age 28 stationed in Kodiak, Alaska I was a newbie to hunting deer. Took off in my F-150 4X4 with my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with (1) yes, ONE single handloaded 240 gr speer behind 22 grains of 2400 powder. Met an accomodating deer and put one precisely behind the shoulder thru the lungs. Dropped like a rock but was kicking hind legs like no tomorrow. In short, got back to the Transmitter site, tossed the deer onto the loading platform and my buddy came back to have a look see. I'll never forget him asking what was that 8" stripe going across the deers body to which I replied - "Larry, how wide are my tires".
THE REST OF THE STORY-- Gutted and skinned the beast but being such a neophyte, it's like what do I do now? So I took the carcass home, layed it in the bathtub and closed the shower curtain. Half hour later the wife gets up - I know the neighbors must've heard that blood curdling scream followed by some serious swear words when she pulled back that shower curtain. BTW, we're still married! She ate my deer stew last week and we fixed deer stir-fry last night and she loved every bite.
LESSON LEARNED-- Always take more than just ONE bullet and fer the luv of the lord NEVER leave a deer carcass in your bathtub! :D

LMAO great story

Atlshaun
02-11-13, 20:59
Simply. ****ing. Awesome.

J-Dub
02-11-13, 21:33
Thats badarse. It would be sweet to drop an Elk with that hog leg.

SquarePizza
02-14-13, 22:19
Always take more than just ONE bullet

I learned that when taking deer off of my land. One shot and she ran 50 feet and dropped DRT. However, she was in a herd of 5 and not a single one of the other does flinched, moved, or looked up from their grazing.

They didn't move until I was 20 yards away from them. If there had been more ammo that day, more tags would have been filled.

And awesome story about the shower hang =)