PDA

View Full Version : This is novel

ToddG
03-04-08, 00:39
I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to carbines, but this variant intrigues me to no end. What modifications are necessary to get my Bushmaster to work this way? Will this make it an NFA weapon? Will I need to have "bullets go this way" engraved on the lower?

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/normal_bassackwards.jpg

tkoglman
03-04-08, 01:22
This photo has been around since at least 2006. I know that someone on another forum back then claimed to have verified it with the Marble Falls TX P.D., but I don't think the photo was ever definitively proven to be true.

It sure is funny, though.

NoBody
03-04-08, 07:04
Okay, this is a trick right? You know, to see which you noticed first....the chick or the magazine. I'm married, so I'm keeping my mouth shut! :D

RSS1911
03-04-08, 07:07
It's the SWAT equivalent of "reverse psychology."

Sam
03-04-08, 07:18
Ever since that picture came out, I tried to get a magazine into my AR in that fashion. That thing just won't go! I have no idea how anybody got that thing in there, and when they did, I bet it was a biatch getting it back out. I supposed she chambered a round, I mean went through the act of chambering a round. She's got an empty, useless gun waiting for a gun fight.

Sam
03-04-08, 07:20
What modifications are necessary to get my Bushmaster to work this way?

Gasp ! a Bushhamster ! people will tell you that you don't have a tier 1 rifle :p
Sell that immediately and get a colt or noveske.:D

NoBody
03-04-08, 07:25
Ever since that picture came out, I tried to get a magazine into my AR in that fashion. That thing just won't go!

It's simply a training issue, Sam. Clearly, she was trained to operated and employ an AR15 differently than others on this board. ;)

Seriously though, it really is a training issue and she was very lucky.

markm
03-04-08, 08:04
Maybe that's the way they're told to stow their mags when the weapon is in the car, and she just forgot to flip it around?:confused:

I thought you were making fun of the CHICKEN WING!!!

I will never figure out why people do the chicken wing. It's not comfortable or natural at all with the AR carbean.

rubberneck
03-04-08, 09:06
It's simply a training issue, Sam. Clearly, she was trained to operated and employ an AR15 differently than others on this board. ;)

Seriously though, it really is a training issue and she was very lucky.

She is obviously using H&K mags.......

ToddG
03-04-08, 10:08
According to the larger image I received (which I can post if folks want), it was printed on the front page of the River Cities Daily Tribune, Volume 11 #218. I'd imagine someone local could check their archives and verify (or disprove) it with little trouble.

Lumpy196
03-04-08, 10:55
That picture generated multiple discussions full of retardery on another board last year...

Jay Cunningham
03-04-08, 11:00
Maybe that's the way they're told to stow their mags when the weapon is in the car, and she just forgot to flip it around?:confused:

I thought you were making fun of the CHICKEN WING!!!

I will never figure out why people do the chicken wing. It's not comfortable or natural at all with the AR carbean.

I know of a "carbine instructor" who teaches the chicken wing with an AR. He teaches a lot of other interesting stuff as well, stuff "that works."

I think there are some old-school Gunsite alumni who still teach it.

markm
03-04-08, 11:04
That picture generated multiple discussions full of retardery on another board last year...

I bet. :D

markm
03-04-08, 11:09
I know of a "carbine instructor" who teaches the chicken wing with an AR. He teaches a lot of other interesting stuff as well, stuff "that works."

I think there are some old-school Gunsite alumni who still teach it.

It just seems so un-natural with the grip angle of the AR. Maybe on the M1 Garand it's the shit, but I can't grasp it on the AR.

Broads who've never had instruction seem to always hold the AR this way for some reason.

MikeCLeonard
03-04-08, 12:41
And many of the anti-gun crowd say, "It's the police's job to carry firearms and protect against crime."

LOL...how do you become a cop if you don't even know how to stick a mag in your weapon?

warpigM-4
03-04-08, 14:16
It just seems so un-natural with the grip angle of the AR. Maybe on the M1 Garand it's the shit, but I can't grasp it on the AR.

Broads who've never had instruction seem to always hold the AR this way for some reason.
+ 1 on the chicken wing that was the first thing i noticed.its a great way to get your elbow shot off.but some just seem to think it is the right way for them to shoot.it feels retarded to me:D

TBomb
03-04-08, 17:11
+ 1 on the chicken wing that was the first thing i noticed.its a great way to get your elbow shot off.but some just seem to think it is the right way for them to shoot.it feels retarded to me:D

I don't know why I found this so amusing, but I did.

I find that when I am shooting trap/skeet I tend to "chicken wing" it a little bit, but with the AR it is more natural to tuck the elbow near the rib cage, for me.

Sam
03-04-08, 20:14
According to the larger image I received (which I can post if folks want), it was printed on the front page of the River Cities Daily Tribune, Volume 11 #218. I'd imagine someone local could check their archives and verify (or disprove) it with little trouble.

My search-fu is weak, I could only come up with archived pages from 2007.

http://highlandlakeslive.com/TribOnlinePortal.html

markm
03-05-08, 07:49

I find that when I am shooting trap/skeet I tend to "chicken wing" it a little bit, but with the AR it is more natural to tuck the elbow near the rib cage, for me.

The firing hand grip angle is completely different.

warpigM-4
03-05-08, 09:56

yelp!:D I had a Sgt at ft knox say that all the time,we were doing urban training nd a lot of the younger guys did the chicken wing around corners.the DS swore that he knew a guy in the sandbox that caught a round to the forearm,from you guessed it Chicken winging:eek: .now if that is true :confused: .but i could never do it like you said it is natural to tuck it down to your ribs.most of the guys that did it were use to shooting shotguns.some really had a problem with it

variablebinary
03-05-08, 14:31
Getting your elbow blown off sounds painful as hell.

Cant even imagine taking a 7.62x39 to the funny bone...ouch!

FWIW, I've seen cops do some really strange stuff with guns in my time. Makes you not want to call 911, thats for sure

ST911
03-05-08, 20:12
Many students find Simunition rounds applied to chicken wings very instructive.

usaffarmer
03-05-08, 23:41

thats awsome! LOL:D

johnson601
03-06-08, 00:15
If she had been using PMAGS that would have never happened! I am not going to say if I actually tested this of not.;)

markm
03-06-08, 07:31

Pain can leave a lasting impression. :p

ST911
03-06-08, 09:30
thats awsome! LOL:D

I like to think of it as "a burst of instruction."

tkoglman
03-06-08, 13:30
Pain is nature's teacher.

warpigM-4
03-06-08, 13:34
Pain is nature's teacher.My drill sgt would always punch anyone chicken winging right in the ribs or get you in the elbow it was funny as hell

rmecapn
03-06-08, 16:36
It is interesting. Not to disparage the fairer sex, but the only times I've ever witnessed a magazine inserted backwards, it was a female involved. I saw it happen a couple of times in the military when I was acting as a range NCO.

Sidewinder6
03-06-08, 19:42

The officer needs a spanking. :D

Sam
03-18-08, 08:06
I found this on TOS.

http://www.i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/cda97/IMG-2.jpg

boltcatch
03-21-08, 13:10

Don't forget the "leaning waaaay back and thrusting the hips forward" part, too...

Buckaroo
03-21-08, 13:22
I found this on TOS.

:rolleyes: lol!

markm
03-21-08, 13:30
Don't forget the "leaning waaaay back and thrusting the hips forward" part, too...

YES! A standard shooting pose when some white trash goofball wants to show off his nasty bruised up girlfriend on TOS! (hoping you'll be green with envy over his gross woman and his Olympic Arms plinker!)

CarlosDJackal
03-21-08, 16:04
I can't really comment on this because I personally jammed a 30-round magazine into my M-16A1 base first. It was during full-auto night firing (using clip-on bipods) and it occurred when I had a couple of Drill Sergeants and Drill Corporals yelling at me to get my rifle back in action.

It took all five of us to get that damn mag out too!! :D