PDA

View Full Version : Non-LED X200

Josh-L
09-07-06, 11:50
Am I the only one that wants one of these? I tried both the A and B version and didn't care much for the LED. I prefer a regular bulb instead. Why do they not make this? Please tell me there are others out there that would like to see this and maybe SF will take notice.

C4IGrant
09-07-06, 12:30
Am I the only one that wants one of these? I tried both the A and B version and didn't care much for the LED. I prefer a regular bulb instead. Why do they not make this? Please tell me there are others out there that would like to see this and maybe SF will take notice.

I cannot say that I agree with your opinion (sorry). :D I personally think the best place for LED's is on Handguns and handeld lights. The reason is that they can take a lot of abuse (where as Xenon filled bulbs cannot). HG's get banged around a lot and handhelds get dropped. If the bulb is hot, there is a good chaince it is going to blow.

LED's are also excellent for illuminating an entire room because of their spill. This is ideal for CQB/personal defense IMHO.

C4

Josh-L
09-07-06, 15:20
I agree they work well in a room. But outside is another story.

C4IGrant
09-07-06, 15:36
I agree they work well in a room. But outside is another story.

Your 3W and 5W LED's have a range of at least 30yds. Past that though, I only use Xenon bulb weaponlights (especially on long guns).

C4

Josh-L
09-15-06, 16:14
I guess I really am the only one.

forster
09-16-06, 12:43
Never had a problem with the range of a x200 light afterall it's for a pistol.
Would hate to see my shot group size for over 30yards at night :D

If it was a rifile light i would agree 100% on the range.

Josh-L
09-16-06, 18:36
Range isn't my issue. It's the color I don't like.

UVvis
09-16-06, 20:00
I'm not all that fond of the color of most LED's as well, especially outdoors. I've spent a good amount of money on select LED's that have better color spectra.

LED's are ranked by their color among other things, some are better colored than others, but they pretty much all have higher color temperatures than bulbs. Mostly because they are a blue light source converted in to a mostly full spectrum.

It would be nice if a bulb light could be as small and shock proof as the x200. I agree there. Or if LED's had emission spectra similar to regular light bulbs....

Josh-L
09-17-06, 13:38
I would think it would be easy for SF to use the heads off the E2e lights. That would be my ideal setup.