PDA

View Full Version : Flipping the SCAR takedown pin.

halmbarte
01-21-13, 21:30
By preference, I like my take-down pins to push out from right to left, since I'm right handed and I'm most likely to inadvertently push pins (or hit them on gear) on the left side of the rifle. I run my Uzi's take-down pin so the head is on the left side and if I could afford a HK91, I'd run those pins with the head on the left side too.

I like that the FS2000 has it's take-down pin positioned correctly (by my standards the AR is backwards) and was wondering if the SCAR's take-down pin could be flipped to push out form right to left. When I looked at my lower this morning, lo, there is a space for the take-down pin retaining clip molded on the left side of the lower, mirroring the normal, as shipped, location on the right side.

Popped the clip out, flipped the pin around, and replaced the clip. Shot the SCAR today with the pin 'backwards' and had no problems.

H

Civil
05-20-13, 15:25
It's been awhile, was just wondering it if were ever possible to make an 80% Bullpup? If at all? I wonder what programming would have to be integrated and what makes it an 80%? Wouldn't mind getting one if 80%s were possible.