PDA

View Full Version : grip fitment question

Fozzy_Bear
03-04-08, 10:04
Hi all.

I'm building my first Black Rifle and I have a question about the way the grip fits.

I bought a RRA LPK with the "upgrade" of a Hogue grip (which is much more comfortable, BTW). The LPK is working well for me, but the grip seems like it is not even close to fitting. The slot in the grip is significantly narrower than the piece of the lower it should slide up onto.

Is that the proper situation? Should it be a Press-fit to ensure no wiggiling (which I could see as being a good idea) or am I supposed to file the inside of the grip? (Or, is either my lower or grip just out of spec???)

Either way, what would the experienced guys (or gals) around here do about it?

Thanks

Jeffy
03-04-08, 11:35
The socket for the receiver is sort of like a U. I found the arms of the U tend to collapse at the tips. The base of the opening usually stays in spec though. Try wedging the edge of the receiver into the base of the U then that should help spread the upper arms apart.

Fozzy_Bear
03-04-08, 12:11
cool. - no problem.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. If it's a common thing, I'll just wedge/press it on there and move along.

thanks.

ckay
03-06-08, 23:25
Yep...common occurrence. My MIAD went over my 15 lower easily. I then used the grip from my LPK to use on a 10 lower and it took significant force to slide it over.

Fozzy_Bear
03-14-08, 12:38
Just as an update:

I put my rifle together last weekend.

I used the "push the edge real hard and rotate the rest on" trick and it worked very well.

And, as a side affect, that made it easy (starting from the back and rotating forward) to install the safety spring/detent because I could still drop it in AFTER I got the grip started ( so I didn't have to keep track of a spring when I was fighting the grip)

Thanks for the help.

and, BTW: the Hogue Grip is really nice. I highly recommend it.