PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Stripped Lower?

McNulty
01-22-13, 12:43
I did a search and came up with nothing in regards to this. I have a question and was hoping someone would have an answer for me, as I have called and emailed LaRue and not gotten any response thus far. Back in May 2012 I ordered a 16" Predatar for approx. $1,700.00 and was told a 16 week wait for the complete rifle. On January 17, 2013 my credit card was charged a little bit more than $1,100.00 and I received an email stating my order was "flagged" from LaRue. On the 19th my FFL called and told me I had a package from LaRue and I could pick it up today. I went to my gun shop, expecting the complete rifle and opened up a box containing a brand new stripped lower.

The only thing I could think is that LaRue sent me the lower anticipating a ban and wanted me to have the lower pre that happening with them sending me the upper at a later date directly with a lower parts kit and the Geiselle. Good on LaRue for that, but my issue with it is that I received no call or email asking me if I wanted this done prior to the charge on my card and the shipment of the lower. I know it was Shot and with the ban talk stuff is crazy there, so I am not shocked I have not received a response from the company yet.

Does anyone know if this is in fact the case with LaRue shipping the stripped lowers?

Sry0fcr
01-22-13, 12:44
You might want to contact LaRue on that front.

MaceWindu
01-22-13, 12:47
Does anyone know if this is in fact the case with LaRue shipping the stripped lowers?

100% spot on.

Your card was charged 2/3 of the cost and when your build is coming up in line, you will ship the lower back to them. They will complete it and send the carbine directly to you. The remaining balance will be charged at that time.

MW

McNulty
01-22-13, 12:56
Thanks for the confirmation Mace. I still haven't heard back from LaRue, but I feel a whole lot better about the situation now.

MaceWindu
01-22-13, 13:04
Thanks for the confirmation Mace. I still haven't heard back from LaRue, but I feel a whole lot better about the situation now.

No prob. Actually, that was a very prudent approach by Larue. Forward thinking instead of "reactive".

Hope to see pics of your blaster soon!

MW

trknick16
01-22-13, 13:41
I did a search and came up with nothing in regards to this. I have a question and was hoping someone would have an answer for me, as I have called and emailed LaRue and not gotten any response thus far. Back in May 2012 I ordered a 16" Predatar for approx. $1,700.00 and was told a 16 week wait for the complete rifle. On January 17, 2013 my credit card was charged a little bit more than $1,100.00 and I received an email stating my order was "flagged" from LaRue. On the 19th my FFL called and told me I had a package from LaRue and I could pick it up today. I went to my gun shop, expecting the complete rifle and opened up a box containing a brand new stripped lower.

The only thing I could think is that LaRue sent me the lower anticipating a ban and wanted me to have the lower pre that happening with them sending me the upper at a later date directly with a lower parts kit and the Geiselle. Good on LaRue for that, but my issue with it is that I received no call or email asking me if I wanted this done prior to the charge on my card and the shipment of the lower. I know it was Shot and with the ban talk stuff is crazy there, so I am not shocked I have not received a response from the company yet.

I also just received a stripped lower with mags and I also order a Full rifle. I was able to get ahold of Larue and they advised me that bc of the possible ban talks they didnt want their customers to get shorted so they are pushing out lowers so that every customer can be grandfathered in if the ban does happen. At a later time (they did not give a time frame) when your upper is being made, Larue will contact you with a return label so you can send back the items you received and your lower and they will put your rifle together and send it back complete. I hope this helps and its straight from LaRue.

Voodoo_Man
01-22-13, 13:53
Call them, do not assume anything.

ccrn_csc
01-22-13, 15:32
100% spot on.

Your card was charged 2/3 of the cost and when your build is coming up in line, you will ship the lower back to them. They will complete it and send the carbine directly to you. The remaining balance will be charged at that time.

MW

This is Pro-Active Awesomeness!! It makes we want to buy something with LaRue on it just for the support factor.

kwelz
01-22-13, 15:42
Not the biggest Larue fan but props to them for this.

McNulty
01-22-13, 19:55
I was initially upset about it, because of the lack of communication from LaRue, but once I was educated on the situation, I am quite impressed with them for this. I still haven't heard back from the company, but I am sure they are inundated with similar emails/calls.

jaxman7
01-22-13, 20:01
That's good forethought and consideration on LaRue's part. Good to hear this.

-Jax

chewie
01-22-13, 21:32
A direct quote from Mark LaRue:

1.) New York blindsided me as I traveled to Shotshow.

2.) I made the just-in-case call.

3.) I knew we couldn't make everybody happy all the time.

4.) If you ain't okay with my call, please return them for a full refund and we'll see if the next guy wants it.

ML

TunaFisherman
01-22-13, 21:55
I would defiantly buy from a company like this who is looking out for their customers.

Kenneth
01-22-13, 22:00
Can you order on their site?

NEVERMIND. I see you can. Get expensive quick lol

J-Dub
01-23-13, 08:48
This is why Larue is one of the best. No matter what you think of Mr. Larue, they make an awesome product and stand behind it. (apparently they also can tell when the redcoats are coming too)

Kenneth
01-23-13, 08:54
I keep looking at them and I like the predatOBR. It has no been released yet though.

Can anyone explain the differences in the rifles?

J-Dub
01-23-13, 12:32
They have been released.

Predatobr is the Predatar with an OBR barrel.

Shoulderthinggoesup
01-24-13, 08:37
+10 for larue!

870pilot
01-24-13, 08:53
superb weaponry AND forethought... keeps my business going to them and noveske.

fourXfour
01-24-13, 10:43
This is awesome!! Any other manufacturers follow suit!

McNulty
04-10-13, 13:50
After 44 weeks, my complete rifle arrived from LaRue today. I dont have a digital camera and my phone camera sucks so I cant put up pics, but rest assured it is awesome. I can not recommend the quality of product and customer service that LaRue provides enough. If you have the opportunity, pick one up. I am shooting a course with Frank Proctor next weekend and will post a detailed AAR of how the Predatar runs.

3O8Junkie
04-10-13, 13:57
Thats quite the wait! I have no doubts she will be a shooter! Post up a couple pics when you can!

markm
04-10-13, 14:11
I would defiantly buy from a company like this who is looking out for their customers.

No need to be defiant about it. :eek:

Screw LaRue. He's a Clown.

Alex V
04-10-13, 15:16
That's a pretty cool way of getting the "rifle" into your hands prior to any ban. Won't you need an FFL to ship the lower back to them and then back to you? How would grandfathering work with that?

I got my PredatAR after a 26 week wait back in October '12. I too was quoted a 16 week wait.

Love my rifle.

Trying to save up for a OBR 762 but since the weight is that long I may as well order it now and start saving lol.

McNulty
04-10-13, 15:26
LaRue shipped me a UPS label (that they paid for) for the box that they shipped the stripped lower to my FFL a few months back. I shipped the lower directly to LaRue and since I already went through the FFL for the lower, they built the rifle and were able to legally ship it to me (less than a week turnaround).

Palmguy
04-10-13, 15:33
Won't you need an FFL to ship the lower back to them and then back to you? How would grandfathering work with that?

You don't need an FFL to ship a firearm to an FFL, and there is an exception to the GCA for an FFL to return a firearm that was repaired or modified directly to a private individual.

As far as grandfathering, depends on the language of the ban. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the '94 ban didn't grandfather stripped lowers; the guns had to be assembled prior to the effective date to be considered pre-ban. Sounds pretty unenforceable to me, but whatever...