PDA

View Full Version : The Mart

NC_DAVE
01-22-13, 22:00
I went walmart today to try and find some 22lr to feed my conversion. I have been looking for bulk packs for a week and half to find only 7 bucks for 50 rds here and there. Any way walmar had a few packs which I grabbed and nothing else besides two brown cardboard boxes. I asked if I could see what was inside they said, sure. Inside both were several different calibers and brands. The other employee ran up and immediately said one three boxes of anything. After a quick conversation I was allowed 3 22 lr boxes and 3 9mm Tula. Anyhow employees said they were trying to hold some back so they could put something on the self each day. Then the employees saw others start to linger and said " just put it all out it will be gone today anyway."

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to look for the brown boxes. I never thought I would scrounge like a dog for 22 lr.

bigbang
01-22-13, 22:40
There is next to nothing in my local walmart, but I don't generally shoot what they carry in 22LR. Fortunately I still have lots of CCI SV left and I recently supplemented that with 5000 more of Eley Sport.

Bimmer
01-24-13, 19:01
This happened in 2008.

After that, I bought several bulk packs of Federal .22, plus many boxes of CCI... Given the price of .22 and how much of it I shoot, it wasn't hard to buy a 10-year supply for less than $100.

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-13, 21:50
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to look for the brown boxes. I never thought I would scrounge like a dog for 22 lr.

I hit about five Wal-Mart stores daily at around 23:00 as they stage freight. 99% of the time there are no stockers anywhere, their always out front on their smoke break. Look for brown boxes with this DOT placard. These boxes will contain a mix of calibers and brands. Cased ammo comes in the OEM box from the factory and are a lot easier to spot. If you don't have a pocket knife take your own box cutter, happy hunting! ;)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/ammoplacard.jpg

Wake27
01-24-13, 21:54
I haven't been able to find more than maybe 400 rounds of Mini Mags since the election at either of my 2 local ones... I'd check now but its too late to buy ammo here so I'll check tomorrow.