PDA

View Full Version : Short, fast and loud

Griz
09-07-06, 14:26
I had a 10.5 upper that was a big hit at MG shoots, but I stripped it down because the barrel was toast. I really miss that high ROF and big fireball, so I'm thinking of putting together another short upper for an upcoming MG shoot and was thinking of trying a 7.5" barrel.

Accuracy doesn't matter (it's not as if I could hit anything anyway with a light 5.56 and a ludicrous rate of fire :D )

I'd like a sloppy-loose chamber to minimize stuck cases since this will be fed mainly with steel-cased Wolf

I'm looking for some guidance on which barrel to get. So far it looks like CMMG and M1S stock them, anyone else?

SethB
09-07-06, 16:50
Noveske Diplomat. I want one.

Derek_Connor
09-07-06, 17:09
Steel case ammo through a SS barrel? is that 'kosher' ?

Griz
09-07-06, 20:16
Noveske Diplomat. I want one.

That's a nice barrel, but I don't think it's right for my application of dumping thousands of rounds of dirt cheap ammo at burned out cars :)

bigbore
09-07-06, 21:20
Short and fast is good, but you can keep the loud. ;)

Griz
09-08-06, 07:48
Short and fast is good, but you can keep the loud. ;)

I would normally agree with you, but remember the application... people are going to be setting off cannons , .50 BMGs, tannerite, mortars, and who knows what else right next to my station :) There is no sense in wearing out my silencers or burning up accurate barrels at these events.

Can anyone offer guidance on which manufacturer's chamber will better meet my needs? Or point to a better alternative?