PDA

View Full Version : Troy rails

morocomole
01-23-13, 00:20
Hi, all, ive been looking into Troy rails. I was hoping to get the TRX standard battlerail but do not see it available anywhere, even on the website. I see they have the Bravo battlerail that looks similar but used the tri-clamp and stock barrel nut system and the TRX standard uses a proprietary nut that seems much better. Anyone know where the heck i can still find one of these?
Or has anyone used the tri-clamp system on the battlerails?
Thanx
Bill

F-Trooper05
01-23-13, 01:00
Nevermind, I was thinking of the tube rail, not the quad rails. My bad.

ReaperAZ
01-23-13, 06:06
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661

FJ540MN
01-23-13, 06:24
The new 3 wedge/barrel nut system is good to go.

djmorris
01-23-13, 08:23
I currently run the Troy Bravo Rail. Mine is the 11" version. It uses the same method as the Alpha Rail which uses the standard barrel nut. It took me about 3 minutes to "install" it. I did not use any loctite, etc on the threads and it has been very sturdy. No problems at all.

I highly recommend it for the price. My 11" Bravo Rail is 13oz which is about 1.5oz less than the 12" Centurion C4. Very comparable. Realistically, it only weighs a couple oz's more than the Alpha Rail of the same length and once you add rail sections to an Alpha Rail you're looking at nearly the same weight as the Bravo Rail. That being said, do not waste your time on any of Troy's older quad rail offerings such as the original Battle Rail or MRF because they are outdated and weigh a TON. The new ones such as the Alpha Rail, Delta, Charlie, and Bravo rails are all really nice and underrated. I paid $150 shipped brand new for my Bravo Rail and IMO it's one of the better rails out there, especially for in that price range. I'll take pictures later if you would like to see it on my 16" BCM

morocomole
01-23-13, 22:40
Hey great, i think i might try an 11 bravo rail out. I have 2 uppers im working on, Troy it is. Had been set on MI rails, but they gooooone.
Bill

FJ540MN
01-23-13, 23:09
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/FishyJim/utf-8BSU1BRzAzMDQuanBn-1.jpg

No loctite on mine either.

If you order straight from Troy, they won't update their shipping status but you will get your stuff. I had checked one night and it still said "processing" and I was in the process of calling them the next day when the Oops man knocked with my order. :)

rauchman
01-24-13, 07:02
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/FishyJim/utf-8BSU1BRzAzMDQuanBn-1.jpg

No loctite on mine either.

If you order straight from Troy, they won't update their shipping status but you will get your stuff. I had checked one night and it still said "processing" and I was in the process of calling them the next day when the Oops man knocked with my order. :)

What muzzle device is that?

FJ540MN
01-24-13, 11:56
It doesn't have a name yet and I don't know how well it works either. ;) It's 304 Stainless.

This one is my 300blk, there's another on my .223 poodle shooter, and I'll be testing that on my .223 pistol when I get them to the range.

If anything will display effectiveness - a 7.5" .223 barrel will. :D