PDA

View Full Version : G2 Drop-in Mid-length 2 piece and Surefire M951

sl4mdaddy
01-23-13, 14:30
Recently acquired the G2 drop-in 2-piece handguards to replace a lesser quality handguard.

When I attach my Surefire M951 light to the rail and completely hand-tighten it to the rail there is still some movement and rattling with the mount. This did not happen with the other handguards.

Is this a sizing/spec issue with the handguards or expected behavior when using a better quality handguard than what I originally started with?

thanks - gv

Midwest Industries
01-30-13, 13:53
What mount is on your M951?
First check that the mount is secure to the light body.
If it's the factory thumbscrew mount it may require some additional tightening to secure it to the rail.
Try tightening the thumbscrews with a large flat bladed screwdriver and see if the movement goes away.

Thanks
Andy
MI

sl4mdaddy
01-31-13, 11:02
Thanks Andy.

It is the factory attached mount. I have not tried a screwdriver as of yet, was concerned about potential damage to the rail.

I'll (carefully) give it a shot tonight.

gv

Midwest Industries
01-31-13, 11:14
Thanks Andy.

It is the factory attached mount. I have not tried a screwdriver as of yet, was concerned about potential damage to the rail.

I'll (carefully) give it a shot tonight.

gv

Try a large flat blade screw driver or some other flat tool to tighten the screws.
Once tightened down the mount will be solid.
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks
Andy
MI

sl4mdaddy
02-01-13, 06:37
Well, I feel like a moron now...

Worked like a champ. Was able to gently tighten it down with a pair of needle nose pliers, the screw posts were too far up in the middle of the thumb screws to use a screwdriver.

I don't think it was even a full 1/4 turn but it's nice a snug now....that damned rattle was driving me nuts.

Thanks Andy, sorry for the false alarm.

gv

Midwest Industries
02-04-13, 16:27
No worries at all, glad to hear it tightened up for you.

Thank you,
Andy
MI