PDA

View Full Version : Accurate .22lr conversion for a Glock 19?

MiamiAttorney
01-23-13, 22:12
I see opinions all over teh interwebs about the best .22 upper for a Glock, but I'm pretty sure that starting off with ye olde "knowledge-based forum" is my best bet.

Right now I've got a Marvel Precision Unit 1 for my 1911 (actually a STI 2011, but it's compatible with both).

Disregarding Marvel's deplorable customer service at the time I bought it, the unit is pretty much perfect. It's very accurate, has swappable ribs for irons/weaver (ok, weaver), and eats pretty much everything. It's also threaded.

Problem is... As much as I love both the STI and the Marvel, I sell them and buy a G19. (I've fallen out of love with the .45 ACP, and unlike with a woman, divorcing the .45 can actually save you quite a few bucks.)

Is there a .22 conversion for Glock with similar features (i.e., very accurate, can use irons or rds, reliable, and threaded)?

bigghoss
01-24-13, 10:00
Tactical solutions just announced their G19/23 .22 conversion unit so that should be available soon. The only other company I know of that makes one for the 19 is advantage arms. I think Tac-sol is the only one that offers a threaded barrel though. I don't think either has a rail for an RDS but I think they both use standard glock sights so you can drift out the rear sight and use a mount in the sight dovetail.

CAVDOC
01-24-13, 10:37
You are never going to have accuracy on par with the marvel from any glock conversion. Don't even expect accuracy to be half as good. Just the nature of the beast. The marvel unit 1 is designed for bullseye level accuracy (3 inch or less groups at 50 yards) while the glock co versions are designed for combat training ( don't expect more than 3" accuracy at 25 yards) birds of a different feather altogether

mike56
01-24-13, 11:09
I have had good luck with the Advantage Arms kits for glocks.
Always ran good for me with high velocity ammo, accuracy was certainly not a SW model 41 class, but acceptable.

jameseguerin@hotmail.com
01-24-13, 11:12
I see opinions all over teh interwebs about the best .22 upper for a Glock, but I'm pretty sure that starting off with ye olde "knowledge-based forum" is my best bet.

Right now I've got a Marvel Precision Unit 1 for my 1911 (actually a STI 2011, but it's compatible with both).

Disregarding Marvel's deplorable customer service at the time I bought it, the unit is pretty much perfect. It's very accurate, has swappable ribs for irons/weaver (ok, weaver), and eats pretty much everything. It's also threaded.

Problem is... As much as I love both the STI and the Marvel, I sell them and buy a G19. (I've fallen out of love with the .45 ACP, and unlike with a woman, divorcing the .45 can actually save you quite a few bucks.)

Is there a .22 conversion for Glock with similar features (i.e., very accurate, can use irons or rds, reliable, and threaded)?

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK

MiamiAttorney
01-24-13, 19:22
Thanks for the input.

Hmm.... I'd like to retain at least ONE accurate .22 in the house.

Are any of the 5.56 AR conversion units accurate?

LtDave
01-26-13, 15:37
The drop in units will probably not be super accurate due to the twist rate of the 5.56/.223 barrels.
That being said, I have a Spike's Tactical .22 LR upper that is very accurate, at least as good as a factory 10-22 with high velocity ammo.