PDA

View Full Version : H&K USP 40?

cody0341
03-04-08, 21:43
Alright so I'm almost out of the Marine Corps. I have just finshed doing the stupid amont of paperwork to get the permits to buy handguns. Anyway I was messing around with a H&K USP 40, I like the way it felt but have never shot one. Can anyone give me a price range of what they go for? Also the importent question of how do they shoot?

gkanga
03-04-08, 21:56
New they are around 700 I think, used they go for around 500. Check the www.hkpro.com forums, here's one I found right at the top of the for sale section http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77660

USPs don't have the greatest triggers, I never found that to be a big deal. The first time I ever shot a USP .45 I hit everything I aimed at perfectly, and this was when I was very new to shooting pistols and I was pretty crappy with other models. It pointed just right. Now I have a USP Tactical .45 and I want more of them! :D

JBone870
03-04-08, 22:10
I own a USP, and enjoy shooting it very much. A new full size will run you between 750-800 bone.

Mine is a variant one (DA/SA with safety lever), and I think it is a great carry option. You can either carry in DA safety on or off, and cocked and locked. Many people complain about the trigger pull in DA, but I have no gripes with it. My first shot is always dead on balls accurate (Not really sure how to classify the shots after the first, but that is a topic for another discussion).

It makes for a perfect CCW during the winter months when you are wearing heavy clothing because it is a behemoth. My body type pretty much allows me to carry with just a size L T-Shirt to conceal.

The nice thing about it being fairly large is that the recoil is not too bad. Also, the capacity is nice at 13+1.

Another Down side is that the checkering on the front strap rips the crap out of my hand.

Overall, I really enjoy shooting the USP and it is probably more accurate than I will ever be (Hopefully with some more practice I can over come this). Buy with confidence, you will definitely enjoy it.

WesleyCE
03-05-08, 11:49
I replaced the trigger in my USP with the Match trigger. That improved the single stage trigger immensely but the double stage was still pretty crapy. I went to the gun store and bought some spray moly lube, degreased all of the fire control parts in the frame and sprayed the moly lube in. The difference was unbelievable! The moly lube gave the trigger a MUCH smoother feel. Give it a try. I think the moly lube only cost about $5.00 and it may work well on a stock trigger.

rathos
03-05-08, 12:31
USPs are great shooters. In Washington state here they are the chosen weapon of the state patrol in .40 S&W. I know all sportsmans's warehouse stores sell them for $699.99 new, and they can be had for about $400 on cdnn used.

The only problem I have with them is I shoot high thumb and occasionally I will decock the gun while shooting.

cody0341
03-05-08, 20:12
thanks for all the info. I went and bought the USP40, I have yet to shoot it because I bought it about 4 hours ago but so far I love everything about it. I was able to get it for 568.00 because it was a display model. the only thing that I have seen is that is has alot of dust on it. I think I luck out with it.Once again thanks for the info.

JBone870
03-05-08, 21:25
Hopefully we were some help. Enjoy it!!!

Tindjin
03-05-08, 23:37
Hope you enjoy it. I sure do. My favorite handgun to shoot is my USP .40 fullsize, followed by my USP 45. I've never had a problem with mine at all and even use both of them in IDPA. I've got about 12k rounds through the .40 and about 2k through the .45. Love em!

Also great price on yours. Get some spare mags and a bunch of ammo and have fun!