PDA

View Full Version : PPQ Switching to Standard Button Mag Release

saddlerocker
01-24-13, 19:10
I lost the original link, but Walther is getting rid of the trigger guard mag release, and going to a traditional button release.
Im really happy about this change, now I really wanna try the PPQ

The article also said Walther is no longer under the S&W unbrella as of this year?

Just thought Id share.

http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppq-m2/

BrigandTwoFour
01-24-13, 19:21
Would have been nice if they kept it completely ambi, though.

Hmac
01-24-13, 19:25
There are a couple of other threads on this. Been discussed for a couple of months.

jrherhold
01-24-13, 23:19
Just picked up a PPQ 9mm and went to the range last weekend to try it out. Loved the trigger! Short reset had me do a couple inadvertent double taps, but got over that. Could get used to the mag release pretty quickly, using middle finger. Of couse, 9mm ammo is unobtanium at local stores but picked up a thousand rounds at a local gun show.

MistWolf
01-25-13, 00:17
I lost the original link, but Walther is getting rid of the trigger guard mag release, and going to a traditional button release...

PPQs sold so fast that dealers couldn't keep them on the shelf and Walther wants to change one of the best features of the pistol?

Outrider
01-25-13, 02:34
It's very disappointing that Walther switched away from the ambi mag release for the American market. It's not a problem to have the PPQ M2 with the button mag release as an additional model but it should not have replaced the first version. Once you get used to it, the ambi magazine catch makes the mag release button seem out of date.

Hopefully, Walther got an earful at SHOT Show and restores the original configuration PPQ to their catalog.

Hmac
01-25-13, 07:07
PPQs sold so fast that dealers couldn't keep them on the shelf and Walther wants to change one of the best features of the pistol?

I respect your opinion, but it's just that, and it's not universally shared.

ra2bach
01-25-13, 12:20
well, now I have a reason to actually considering buying one...

SteveL
01-25-13, 12:53
I agree with Mistwolf. When I learned the button was replacing the paddle release, I sought out one with the paddle release before they were all gone.

Hmac
01-25-13, 13:04
I agree with Mistwolf. When I learned the button was replacing the paddle release, I sought out one with the paddle release before they were all gone.

If Walther doesn't want to make more than one PPQ frame and the US is an important market, switching to the button release is a smart marketing.

I wonder if theyre going to quit making the paddle release completely. I note that the paddle release is still shown on their German website, and I see no indication that MR is going to have a button on their Eagle, which uses the PPQ frame.