PDA

View Full Version : ONE Illinois Sheriff????

gunrunner505
01-24-13, 19:55
With the list of Sheriffs telling the Annointed One's administration to pound sand as far as new gun laws and bans etc go, stating they will not enforce them, I can only find a single sheriff in Illinois that has taken that stand. Hell, even california has about 8. WTF???? over.....

Turk182
01-24-13, 20:24
What county?

gunrunner505
01-24-13, 20:52
Clark County, Sheriff Jerry Parsley

“It’s a given to me; the Second Amendment isn’t about hunting. The amendment is about a free state’s ability to defend itself from an oppressive government. When a government won’t or can’t defend its citizens, they have a God-given right to protect themselves. To me it’s simple.”

This is all I can find....

Turk182
01-25-13, 12:49
I just happy to see that someone in Illinois, making a state pay-check, has the balls to say something outloud.

gan1hck
01-25-13, 15:07
at least you have one.

gunrunner505
01-25-13, 15:21
Illinois is far more rural than it is urban. I'd have thought we'd at least have a few that told him to get bent.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

gunrunner505
01-25-13, 16:19
I just happy to see that someone in Illinois, making a state pay-check, has the balls to say something outloud.

And defy the Rahmfather? The mayor of Illinois???? Perish the thought.

signal4l
01-25-13, 20:18
Sheriff Parsley is a good man and an excellent instructor. I wish my state had more sheriffs like him.

deuce9166
01-25-13, 20:34
I second that. Sheriff Parsley is the standard all Sheriff's should be held to.

Sheriff Parsley is a good man and an excellent instructor. I wish my state had more sheriffs like him.

TacMedic556
01-25-13, 20:36
Montana has 5 so far.

signal4l
01-25-13, 21:16
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Collin-County-Sheriff-Wont-Enforce-Gun-Laws-That-Violate-Constitution-187816921.html?dr

Looks like we have another...

I doubt there are any like minded Sheriff's in the Retardation Zone (north of I 80)

gunrunner505
01-26-13, 01:32
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Collin-County-Sheriff-Wont-Enforce-Gun-Laws-That-Violate-Constitution-187816921.html?dr

Looks like we have another...

I doubt there are any like minded Sheriff's in the Retardation Zone (north of I 80)

There's I think 52 counties in Illinois. 2or 3 are lost causes, like Crook County. The other 49, not including Sheriff Parsley, can't suck that bad....or can they...

RMiller
01-26-13, 06:31
There's alot of backwards thinking in IL, more than likely spawned by "that retardation above I80."

I'm actually surprised to see there is at least one sheriff that'll support the majority of what IL wants.

rickwinger
01-26-13, 07:14
at least you have one.

+1

We haven't heard a peep out of any of ours down here.

gunrunner505
01-27-13, 09:51
There's alot of backwards thinking in IL, more than likely spawned by "that retardation above I80."

I'm actually surprised to see there is at least one sheriff that'll support the majority of what IL wants.

That's the thing, 13 million people in Illinois. Less than 3 million live in Chicago yet somehow the entire state is beholden to the whim of hizzhonor da mayor.... Some napoleonic dwarf....

RMiller
01-27-13, 10:03
That's the thing, 13 million people in Illinois. Less than 3 million live in Chicago yet somehow the entire state is beholden to the whim of hizzhonor da mayor.... Some napoleonic dwarf....

Amen!

T2C
02-13-13, 15:52
There's I think 52 counties in Illinois. 2or 3 are lost causes, like Crook County. The other 49, not including Sheriff Parsley, can't suck that bad....or can they...

There are 102 counties in Illinois. Cook County is a lost cause. The ISRA is battling with them constantly.

gunrunner505
02-13-13, 16:42
Either way, I think I need to move out of this bastion of communism...

52 counties...102 counties...meh......

platoonDaddy
02-13-13, 18:05
FYI

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois Sheriffs' Association has adopted a resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban.

McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery says the association wants Illinois instead to go to the "root of the problem," which is mental health. Emery tells WJBC radio in Bloomington (http://bit.ly/WGzVWk) that an assault weapons ban won't address the primary problem. He says that's upgrades for mental health services.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/21136242/illinois-sheriffs-oppose-assault-weapons-ban

cougar_guy04
02-13-13, 18:42
Can't say I was surprised to see the Clark County Sheriff take a stand, I grew up in that neck of the woods and it's about as far removed from Chicago-stan as you can get.

The Edgar County sheriff that was there when I moved south, well, he'd have blown whichever way paid the best.

I miss the Land of Lincoln, but I don't miss the corrupt politburo members and one city dictating failed policy to the rest of the state.

gunrunner505
02-13-13, 22:57
I'm very curious to see what lllinois will do with CC now that they are under court orders to draft an acceptable CC law. I wonder how many sheriffs will get behind it when the wheel comes round. I know the state appealed the panel decision to the full member court but would they really reverse the panel decision?

Texas is looking better and better....

platoonDaddy
02-14-13, 03:39
With the Illinois Sheriffs' Association resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban, what impact do you think that will have on the AWB?

gunrunner505
02-14-13, 07:34
With the Illinois Sheriffs' Association resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban, what impact do you think that will have on the AWB?

I did not know the Sheriffs Association had come out in opposition. That is at least encouraging. However, having lived in this state most of my life and seen just how poor our elected representation is, it would not surprise me if they went and did it anyway.

Chicago and the state have never figured out that you can't reduce crime by restriction of the non criminal. Chicagos 20 year firearms ban did nothing and it's somehow going to maybe be different this time.

Try arresting and imprisoning the bad guy. Just a thought....

signal4l
02-14-13, 10:20
FYI

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois Sheriffs' Association has adopted a resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban.

McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery says the association wants Illinois instead to go to the "root of the problem," which is mental health. Emery tells WJBC radio in Bloomington (http://bit.ly/WGzVWk) that an assault weapons ban won't address the primary problem. He says that's upgrades for mental health services.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/21136242/illinois-sheriffs-oppose-assault-weapons-ban

This is one of few bits of good news I have heard lately. I am not often surprised by the actions of politicians here in IL. This was a pleasant surprise. :p