PDA

View Full Version : Most Virginians support closing GS Loophole

tb-av
01-25-13, 08:13
That's what "the news" says "the poll" says.

We are not getting our message out.

buzz_knox
01-25-13, 08:24

That or the poll is cooked.

"Do you agree that unlicensed dealers should be required to perform background checks to prevent potential criminals from buying guns?"

tb-av
01-25-13, 08:46
It doesn't matter how they phrase it. When a family of 4 is milling about in their home and the news is on....

"polls say most Virginians support closing the gun show loop hole"

That is what they hear. Now multiply that times all the households in VA.

Tell a lie often enough. What do you think the undecided will do? Someone asks them about guns... "well, uh, yes, I pretty much agree with others I suppose... I would close the loophole too if that's what everyone thinks is best."

My concern is how to combat this disease. You can't stop them from asking slanted questions. That is their goal. Their job. This is a game with no rules and we are loosing.

CarlosDJackal
01-25-13, 10:20
Most Virginians don't even know what a "Gun Show Loophole" is. :rolleyes:

tb-av
01-25-13, 10:33
Tell me about it.... That's the whole problem. I just sent emails to about 8 or so local tv news stations to try to make that point along with the crime stats video posted in other thread.

TAZ
01-25-13, 14:26

The system is cooked. We can't get the message out cause the media will never broadcast it. The Progressives understand that propaganda wins.

Magic_Salad0892
01-25-13, 19:42
The system is cooked. We can't get the message out cause the media will never broadcast it. The Progressives understand that propaganda wins.

I say we should infiltrate, and corrupt traditional liberal values (like absolute security over freedom, or the idea that miltiary/LEO have more rights than the average citizen) to further our own civil rights advancements.

Use their own tactics against them.

Business_Casual
01-25-13, 19:57
Does anyone know who the biggest opponent of the "Gunshow loophole" is?

Senator John McCain (R) Arizona

Magic_Salad0892
01-25-13, 20:02
Does anyone know who the biggest opponent of the "Gunshow loophole" is?

Senator John McCain (R) Arizona

That doesn't surprise me. He lives on the damn boarder. Armed illegal aliens? All bad.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-13, 20:05
Gee Wally I sure hope they don't close that "gun-show loophole", where else can I guy pickup a MANPAD . . . :rolleyes:

Belmont31R
01-25-13, 20:09
I think most people think the 'gun show loophole' is like dealers suddenly don't have to do a BG check because its a gunshow, and anyone can waltz up to a typical dealer and buy whatever they want. Like a gunshow is a special zone where normal gun laws don't apply.

Stupid...but that's how 'they' articulate it, and people don't know any better.

TurretGunner
01-25-13, 21:10
LOVE EM ALL

El Pistolero
01-25-13, 21:20
I think most people think the 'gun show loophole' is like dealers suddenly don't have to do a BG check because its a gunshow, and anyone can waltz up to a typical dealer and buy whatever they want. Like a gunshow is a special zone where normal gun laws don't apply.

Stupid...but that's how 'they' articulate it, and people don't know any better.

"Gun show loophole" is more of a slang term for the laws (or lack of) that allow for private, undocumented, face-to-face transactions, cash-and-carry, etc. I guess it got the gun show moniker because when hundreds of people gather at a show to buy and sell guns there's a lot of private transfers going on under one roof.

I support the gun show loophole, buying a gun should be no different than buying a guitar from my neighbor.

opmike
01-25-13, 21:49
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

As I said before, we need to step out of our bubbles. Get off M4C, LF, etc for a bit and peruse some of the "sportsman" style forums. I read lots of posts from gun owners asking why anyone would even want an AK or AR.

We have a lot of work to do, even within our own camp.

That being said, the average human being living in this country probably doesn't even know what the **** a gun show loophole even is...but it probably just sounds shady enough for them to want it closed.