PDA

View Full Version : Noob with a bug

LegalAlien
03-05-08, 09:35
Hi folks,

I am a newbie who has been bitten by an AR15 bug . . . . I have not bought yet . .just starting my research.

I found my way over here from links in the THR forum AND the Florida Shooters Network. I am a member of a few other gun forums as well. This forum comes highly recommened as a source for valuable AR15 knowledge.

From my name you will notice that I am a foreign import. Grew up in South Africa and been in the USA for a little over 10 yrs now.

I currently own 2 handguns .. . a Beretta 92FS and an FN5.7.

I like the looks and the versatility of the "BIG BLACK GUNS" and my next purchase will be an AR15. As I am in the early stages of my research, please bear with me and have pity if I ask 'stoopid' questions.

Now off to the reading and searching.

Failure2Stop
03-05-08, 10:03
Welcome

My advice- read all the stickies of each forum. They will answer most of your questions, including the ones you haven't thought of yet.

Make friends with the search function. Most topics that occupy an inordinate amount of time on other forums have already been asked, answered and discussed.

It's always good to have a decent understanding of the subjects you are posting questions about before asking them, if the search fails to yield useable result.

Seek training as sooon as financially viable. There are a lot of things that are to be learned that you just can't learn without actaully doing. A knowledgable and experienced instructor is worth the money you are paying for their time.

Have fun and shoot as much as you can.

Jay Cunningham
03-05-08, 10:08
Welcome!

As F2S alluded to, the stickied info threads and the search function are your friends, and they will help you to form more specific questions. However, don't be afraid to ask!

"Do a search" is no longer an acceptable response to a question...

LegalAlien
03-05-08, 10:44
Thanks guys. I am avid reader and will read threads from start to finish.
I promise to only ask questions to corroborate/verify information that I found,or if I am confused about any issue.

Detective_D
03-05-08, 11:02
Welcome to the board.

I have definitely made the search engine my friend since I joined.