PDA

View Full Version : Fort Drum brass destruction threatens reloading supply and more

VooDoo6Actual
01-25-13, 13:26
http://www.examiner.com/article/fort-drum-brass-destruction-threatens-reloading-supply-and-more

platoonDaddy
01-25-13, 14:06
Dang, another avenue of SLOWING down ammo to the common folk. Elections have consequences, Katy Bar The Door!

TAZ
01-25-13, 14:14
What this administration and its cronies ignoring the requests of lawmakers and constituents??? I'm shocked I tell ya.

Spiffums
01-25-13, 14:39
Well when your a rich country and not in debt you don't have to sell stuff to make ends meet............:secret:

Cagemonkey
01-25-13, 14:43
Probably selling this brass to the Chinese.

HES
01-25-13, 16:15
Okay I remember raising hell over this issue in 2009 where the brass was not being auctioned off. A lot of us worked with our congress critters to to stop this and the commanders were told to resume auctions. Then the admin tried to get around this by mandating installation commanders to sell to just one contractor who was still destroying the brass. I thought we got legislation put in place to prevent this from happening again?

So WTF is going on?

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-13, 17:30
So WTF is going on?

They want unarmed serfs, it won't happen overnight so they are chipping away at "the problem" bit by bit. A mag ban here, registration of "certain" items there, bottle neck ammunition components, etc.

Kfgk14
01-26-13, 16:53
They want unarmed serfs, it won't happen overnight so they are chipping away at "the problem" bit by bit. A mag ban here, registration of "certain" items there, bottle neck ammunition components, etc.

...Til we don't have the resources to resist anymore. We need to conserve all the ammo we can, shoot whatever is cheapest and stockpile more because it will only get harder to find.
We were doing so well too, we had reasonably cheap ammo, easy access to a huge market of firearms...now this bullshit.