PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like High Profile Rail systems?

mannythegreek
01-27-13, 10:13
Hey all,

I saw a number of new videos from Shot Show 2013. I know I'm in the minority, but it seems many manufacturers are going to the Key Mod rail systems...

Does anyone here like higher profile (aka POF style) rail systems? I have never taken a carbine class, but I like the look and feel of them.

Anyone else have the same opinion? Thanks!

-mannythegreek

Benito
01-28-13, 01:53
Unless you have gargantuan hands, there is a very good reason why lower profile rail systems/handguards are popular.
I don't see a benefit to bulky forends.

RyanB
01-28-13, 03:18
There's no advantage and several disadvantages.

opmike
01-28-13, 15:21
I like for my rails to have a secure attachment method, to be strong, to be comfortable, lightweight, rather long, and have enough space on the them to attach the things I need to attach. Usually, the attachments are just going to be a front sight and maybe a light.

I'm not some high speed low drag guy creeping around behind enemy lines trying to lase a target, so I don't need all those extra mounting points.

Granted, many people need the extra space and for a while there, you basically had to get a quad rail if you wanting something with a rock solid mounting method. Lots more viable options on the market now.