PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca Model 37 questions...

jahwarrior1423
01-27-13, 14:51
My dad gave me a Ithaca Model 37 that he had sitting around in the safe that he bought used and never cleaned after buying. He gave it to me as a christmas gift and I am now just getting around to refurbishing it. The shotgun was in rough shape cosmetically. Ive spent my spare time at home cleaning the shotgun internally and externally. I also am refurbishing the wood stock and foregrip.

So far, I have ordered a replacement mag spring...figured it'd cost $5, so why not replace it while Im fixing it up.

What other parts should I have replaced?...I really dont know if the shotgun is functional. He did buy it from a local gun store but I personally have never liked the store and dont have much trust in the employees there or their business ethics. Im just curious if I should order other parts for the shotgun while I have it torn apart.

Also, I have been debating if I am going to cut the barrel down to 18.5" and have it as a "security" shotgun. If I do so, what is the best method of attaching a front bead site on the cut down barrel?