PDA

View Full Version : Better triggers in FDE Gen3 G22s?

zk556x45
01-27-13, 16:21
Last summer I picked up a Gen3 G22 with a FDE frame. Haven't posted about it until now, but I was wondering if any other shooters have noticed these FDE guns shipping with a shit-hot stock trigger?! I have two Gen3 G17s, and the trigger in my new 22 is substantially (understatement) smoother, both in terms of take-up and the break. I swear the reset is more crisp, as well. I could not be happier with this thing.

Has anyone else noticed this? Did I just get lucky?

OnPoint
01-28-13, 13:58
I recently acquired a FDE Gen 3 22 and also noticed that my initial impression was that the stock trigger felt unusually good, however this is entirely subjective as I haven't gotten around to measuring the actual pull pull weight.

Trajan
01-28-13, 15:06
Look at the connector. Maybe they're now putting the "dot" connectors in gen 3s and not just gen 4s.

buckjay
01-28-13, 15:08
I think its luck of the draw. Every time I've gone down to my LGS to buy a Glock I've asked to handle all of them (much to their chagrin) and you'd be amazed at the difference in trigger feel. Some are smoooooth while others have a hitch in them.

RMiller
01-28-13, 16:39
The new gen 4 23 I'm picking up has a very nice trigger. Was a surprise to me how nice.

TriviaMonster
01-28-13, 18:17
My G23 was and is buttery smooth from day 1 but the break was jarring. It has since smoothed out a hair. They all have different triggers, its just machined parts slapped together, not a hand fit Wilson Combat.

Its funny how we never traded a little bit of freedom of religion after the Jonestown Massacre.

bones
02-04-13, 14:44
I do not have G23, but I do have the G19 Gen 4 it has to be the Worst Glock trigger I have ever felt-I think it has to do with the bump on the trigger bar. Time for a New trigger set up

Nephrology
02-04-13, 15:13
I've noticed a lot of newer Gen4s have pretty decent triggers. Frankly though all Glock triggers feel more or less the same to me - and if they don't, shooting the piss out of them makes them all about equal.

Code3Patriot
02-04-13, 15:20
I do not have G23, but I do have the G19 Gen 4 it has to be the Worst Glock trigger I have ever felt-I think it has to do with the bump on the trigger bar. Time for a New trigger set up

I picked up a G19 Gen4 with a terrible trigger this past summer, I could feel the trigger bar rubbing against the inside of the frame while pressing the trigger to the rear. Swapping the trigger/trigger bar to a G17 Gen3 made it all better.

I just picked up a Gen4 G17 last week and the trigger was better than expected right out of the box.