PDA

View Full Version : SGM Tactical 50rd 9mm Glock Drum (VIDEO)

Quiet Riot
01-27-13, 21:45
I've been using the new SGM Tactical 50rd drum mag for a few weeks, and I've been impressed with its reliability. It is not designed to lock the slide back, but otherwise, I have not had a single malfunction with the mag in 500 rounds of use.

That said, I still prefer standard Glock magazines for SD/HD, though this is a fun way to burn ammo at the range.

Believe it or not, you can still find these in stock and ready to ship for $130. I list two sources in the video description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10XVZSphfVg

KrampusArms
01-27-13, 23:20
Hey good video. That looks like fun.

If I didn't live in california, I'd order one just on the principle of making liberals cry.

Looks like fun. How dependable do you think it is? Still testing?

Quiet Riot
01-28-13, 04:48
I haven't had a single failure, but heck, even running 500 rounds through it means I've only loaded it 10 times. :D

It is plenty dependable for range use. I don't know if I'd trust it to stay loaded for extended periods of time and work under pressure. Glock already makes proven mags for that, and I don't think I'm going to risk this mag to test that right now for obvious reasons.

It does make the pistol a little slower to settle from recoil. I think I could adjust my shooting to it, but there is a significant pendulum effect you need to counter. When putting the sights back on target, the pistol tends to overshoot, and then you need to correct again before making the next shot.

YZINGERR
01-28-13, 20:52
Hey good video. That looks like fun.

If I didn't live in california, I'd order one just on the principle of making liberals cry.

Looks like fun. How dependable do you think it is? Still testing?

Exactly, im right there with ya.

KrampusArms
01-28-13, 21:08
I haven't had a single failure, but heck, even running 500 rounds through it means I've only loaded it 10 times. :D

It is plenty dependable for range use. I don't know if I'd trust it to stay loaded for extended periods of time and work under pressure. Glock already makes proven mags for that, and I don't think I'm going to risk this mag to test that right now for obvious reasons.

It does make the pistol a little slower to settle from recoil. I think I could adjust my shooting to it, but there is a significant pendulum effect you need to counter. When putting the sights back on target, the pistol tends to overshoot, and then you need to correct again before making the next shot.

Interesting, thank you sincerely. Awesome series of videos on there by the way. They're all very well put together. BAM, I'm Subbed.

kcara
01-29-13, 08:57
This does look like a cool mag. I worry about these types of mags malfunctioning. I know that the AR type drum mags are prone to malfunction,but it looks like you have been good to go so far.

markm
01-29-13, 09:06
That's TITE, yo!

If my glock wasn't an ejection failure model, I might buy one.

Dave James
01-29-13, 09:35
May have to have one just to play with in the kel-tec carbine, it looks like it would pack righ in the carry case I use and ride in the trunk well

1911-A1
01-29-13, 09:53
I've handled a few of these, and they're definitely solidly built.

I think I'd have trouble justifying one, seeing as ammo is quite expensive now. My other concern is that its not much good for training, as the recoil, handling and weight is quite different. I suppose it would be fine for trigger manipulation practice, but I have a 33rd mag for that if I feel the need. I don't see the economy in paying $100 extra for 17 more rounds.

I think this mag's best role is on a 9mm carbine platform if it proves reliable enough.

brickboy240
01-29-13, 12:06
Looks cool but is probably not very ergonomic and who wants to burn that much 9mm right now with the shortages and high prices?

LOL

TriviaMonster
01-30-13, 16:24
Quiet Riot,

Too bad you didn't have it for your carjacker experience. Bet he would have pee'd himself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quiet Riot
01-31-13, 16:30
Thanks for all of the replies. I about peed myself reading some of them. :D

Glock: "Thank you for calling Glock. Can I help you?"

Customer: "Yeah, my Gen 4 G17 is ejecting brass to my face about forty times every magazine."

Glock: "?????"

:D

Clearly for the foreseeable future, there will be many firearms products that hit the market for which we cannot get enough ammo to use them to their potentials. This is our new reality, and we will all have to figure out how to live with it. I just bought a Ruger New Vaquero for this very reason because I've got 3,000 large pistol primers and an unlimited supply of wax bullets. I'm going to have fun shooting no matter what. :)

I was also torn about even putting this video out there when it could very well be used against us, but a quick search of YouTube shows many such videos. I ultimately decided that I'm not going to just roll over and become a fishing channel. I'm still going to find gun stuff I think might be fun or interesting and see if I can share what I learn about it with my channel.

I really appreciate the support I've gotten from m4carbine.net, and I hope to keep putting out videos that are of interest here.

mrwilmoth
02-01-13, 03:23
All I can say is WOW! What a way to dump some lead! I would be broke if I owned one of these!

PdxMotoxer
02-01-13, 04:58
I'm an M&P owner but still wanted to log in ,give you a "Like" and
tell you very nicely made, to the point and clear speaking video.
Thanks it was a great view looks like range fun.

Quiet Riot
02-02-13, 03:20
I'm an M&P owner but still wanted to log in ,give you a "Like" and
tell you very nicely made, to the point and clear speaking video.
Thanks it was a great view looks like range fun.

Thanks for the support. Those things really make a difference.