PDA

View Full Version : carry/training options?

big 54r
03-05-08, 22:06
hey guy's I just got a cz 75B and need to get some carry gear for ccw and "shoot school" training. I thought a fobus rig would be good enuff but after searching posts on some other handgun boards I lurk at it seems these rigs aren't held in any esteem at all, for whatever reason, so tell me what is a good rig for the full sized all steel cz 75B for ccw and which is good for "shoot school" training.

I looked at a blade tech today that was posted in a thread at this board that looks good for "school" but maybe not for ccw carry. I know...I know...train like you carry and all that but sometimes it is not practical or an option. So all chime in.

This is my only "good" semi pistol as the others are surplus and iffy for carry except maybe the Bulgy makarov, so I need some thing nice, durable, strong and won't tear the gun up.

I'm looking at a budget of $50 up to maybe $100 bucks. Also when "uncle sugar" pays me I think i'm gonna get a RIA GI .45 or maybe a compact cz 75 p-o1 or similar.:confused:

Dave G
03-05-08, 22:20
You'll get tons of opinions on what is the best. The only best for you is what YOU like. Fobus is not something I would carry with, but for a class or IDPA, sure. Buy two so you have a back up. Uncle Mikes is actually pretty decent and will run you the price of a Fobus. CompTac and Blade Tech are both very popular and well liked by most owners. I own both and use both. Might as well get a collection box and label it "Misc Holsters"....we all have them.

Dave G
03-05-08, 22:21
BTW, kydex makes less contact with the gun than leather, but even the best kydex will cause wear.

Gutshot John
03-05-08, 22:31
Fin Designs makes nice holsters if you like Kydex.

Dave G
03-05-08, 22:38
Fin Designs makes nice holsters if you like Kydex.

AVAILABILITY

All holsters are available for Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33

Please note that FIN Designs holsters are made entirely by hand, one piece at a time, and therefore no two are identical.

big 54r
03-06-08, 18:16
thanx Dave G. for the tip, am I to ASSume that a Fobus is poorly built and bulky thats why it is not good for ccw and the need for backup redundancy? I have several holster's just like you suggest but the Fobus for my Makarov is rarely used as I have an "Uncle Mike's" iwb that is less obtrusive and more comfortable to me . Though the Fobus does conceal well in the winter and hasn't broken yet after 3+ years of using it periodically.

Dave G
03-06-08, 19:48
thanx Dave G. for the tip, am I to ASSume that a Fobus is poorly built and bulky thats why it is not good for ccw and the need for backup redundancy? I have several holster's just like you suggest but the Fobus for my Makarov is rarely used as I have an "Uncle Mike's" iwb that is less obtrusive and more comfortable to me . Though the Fobus does conceal well in the winter and hasn't broken yet after 3+ years of using it periodically.

Use what works for you dude.

Gutshot John
03-07-08, 08:26
AVAILABILITY

All holsters are available for Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33

Please note that FIN Designs holsters are made entirely by hand, one piece at a time, and therefore no two are identical.

I'm pretty sure he does custom stuff, though that may be for friends. Handmade holster for $50 isn't a bad deal. They are much nicer than the blade-techs.