PDA

View Full Version : Nolser 124gr HP

Aaron_B
01-28-13, 18:05
Anyone ever use these? I have seen some in stock at random places, but that could be a clue. Any input would be nice good, bad, or whatever. Thx.

Atlshaun
01-30-13, 11:01
What will you be using it for?

Aaron_B
01-30-13, 16:24
Would be used for a median between defense ammo and regular ball ammo. When I am out and about in the woods I don't want to use my defense ammo but want more umph than ball. If all that makes sense.

Tedfs
01-30-13, 23:10
If you're talking about 9mm, I've gone through 3,000 hand loads of the 124gr Nosler HP through two different Glock 19s and a Glock 17 with out issues. Power Pistol as the powder, it's all I have.

I don't like the fact that it's not bonded, that is my only complaint with those projectiles. Gold Dots take that spot but are no where to be found unless you watch the net 24/7and have money to throw away.

That said, I've never had to use one on a human and have no idea how they would perform. Wouldn't want to be shot with one and doubt anyone else would either.

Aaron_B
01-30-13, 23:33
Cool, thx for the info. I'll probably give them a try and see how they perform. I'll be using glock 19 and 17 also. Did happen to get any velocity info with the rounds you shot?

eightmillimeter
01-31-13, 22:06
I used to buy them in the 250 packs back when the local Sportsmans Warehouse had them regularly. I was more than satisfied with the accuracy and consistency of them but never tested their terminal performance on an animal or otherwise. I suspect it would be similar in performance to the original Hornady XTP or the Sierra HP.

Aaron_B
01-31-13, 22:42
Sounds good, I haven't started reloading yet. Just buying supplies right now. My wife told me she was pregnant, so I told her I was buying a reloading machine. Will be trying the nolsers out along with some of the hornady xtps. Trying to pick up some speed gold dots but they are hard to come by.