PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 17 FDE or Black -

FlyingHunter
01-28-13, 18:45
Coyote!!!

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh532/ElectraGlide2010/BlkCoyote-Scar17_zps92b01c2c.jpg

01-29-13, 20:04
Details?

FlyingHunter
01-29-13, 20:37
From my post in the general discussion regarding an NRA instructor (like me) arrested for shooting at a coyote chasing his dog on his 30 acres in Conn.:

Such a different (Georgia - relatively rural) outcome vs Conn. My next closest neighbor is nearly a mile away. I hard command my GSD "here" and as he comes to me the coyote follows hard on his tail. I dropped prone and at about 160yds fired the Scar 17 at the coyote's back hip taking extraordinary care to clear my dog - who is truly like another family member. I missed the shot but the coyote then turns giving my time to sight picture reset the red dot on my VX6 on a now crystal clear shot -so 2 shots in about 2 seconds and with shot #2 Black Coyote Down hard with 150gr JSP.

No neighbors called me or the police. Shooting around these parts is normal. I recognize that last sentence will be shocking to many people in America. I'm blessed with neighbors, that if they suspected genuine trouble, would come to me as the calvary would...