PDA

View Full Version : rem 700p ltr

jstone
01-28-13, 20:26
I have been searching here, and Google looking for the answer. I have come up empty so here I am.

I have an opportunity to pick up a 700p ltr with the AICS DBM. It is still in the factory stock, it does have a base on it already. Im not sure of the brand. They want 900$ for it the way it is set up now. I also have a 700 5r milspec on the way.

Is the ltr barrel stainless? I can not find the answer. Will the bottom metal from the 5r fit on the ltr or will there be a gap since it has been inletted for the AICS DBM?

I prefer the barrel length of the ltr, but want stainless. If i bought it I would send the barrel action right away to kreiger, and have them replace the barrel with a heavier profile 5r chambered in 7-08.

Having the 5r on the way Im not sure if i should take on the ltr. The way i want them both set up would put me at 8 grand. For that type of money i know i will kick myself for not buying a DTA from Orkan.

If i pay 900 for the ltr as is to sell is there any room for a profit? I know it has 150 rounds through, because i have loaded them all myself.

orkan
01-28-13, 21:13
Who's bottom metal?

BD precision
01-28-13, 21:16
I am looking for a really accurate 700 my self. I am just getting into long range shooting and so I don't know the answer myself but I do know I have seen a similar gun for $1200. Not sure if it sold.

As far as fit you can always ask Remington if noone answers... their customer service is great

jstone
01-28-13, 23:37
Who's bottom metal?

Will the bottom metal from the milspec 5r fit the ltr that has been inletted for the accuracy international DBM? If i buy the ltr to sell i would take the AI DBM setup to put on the 5r then put the bottom metal from the 5r on the ltr.

I dont really need the ltr, but if i can buy switch the bottom metals then sell the ltr. Then i would just get a standard manners stock, and have it bedded instead of the mini chasis.

If i buy it and keep it i would get new stock, barrel, and glass.

Im only contemplating it to help a friend out. I do not need two 308's, that's why if i keep it i would rebarrel to 7-08.

If i could buy it, use the DBM setup then sell to recoup my money i would do it.

What is worth the way it is ltr 150 rounds AI DBM, factory stock, 1 10 round magazine. The bottom metal is an accuracy international not just compatible.

D.O.A.F.S.
01-28-13, 23:50
I have a LTR in 308 barrel is not stainless.

jstone
01-29-13, 01:44
Thanks i thought it might be coated stainless. I find it odd that the ltr does not have a stainless barrel.

Pappabear
01-29-13, 01:47
Will the bottom metal from the milspec 5r fit the ltr that has been inletted for the accuracy international DBM? If i buy the ltr to sell i would take the AI DBM setup to put on the 5r then put the bottom metal from the 5r on the ltr.

I dont really need the ltr, but if i can buy switch the bottom metals then sell the ltr. Then i would just get a standard manners stock, and have it bedded instead of the mini chasis.

If i buy it and keep it i would get new stock, barrel, and glass.

Im only contemplating it to help a friend out. I do not need two 308's, that's why if i keep it i would rebarrel to 7-08.

If i could buy it, use the DBM setup then sell to recoup my money i would do it.

What is worth the way it is ltr 150 rounds AI DBM, factory stock, 1 10 round magazine. The bottom metal is an accuracy international not just compatible.

What in the world are you talking about? Stop. Get your first gun and make it great by itself. Unless your a gunsmith just stop and make your 5R sing.

5R's are great base guns and you can build that gun up as you please.

SPQR476
01-29-13, 08:31
The LTRs are great guns, also, but if you're planning on rebarreling it and restocking it, there's no point. You're essentially paying $900 for an action and bottom metal.