PDA

View Full Version : "The Following" on FOX

GeorgiaBoy
01-28-13, 22:30
I decided to try to follow this show. The first two episodes seem to be good, I like criminal suspense-mystery type shows. I've never been much of a fan of Kevin Bacon but his character actually looks promising in this series. The Edgar Allen Poe and other American Romantic writers connection is extremely interesting.

Judging by the show's premise I think it would have enough storyline to last several seasons. I just hope it doesn't get canceled like the last Fox midseason replacement I was really interested in this time last year - Alcatraz.

It seems like every TV series I get interested in always gets canceled on the very first season. Last Resort had a good plot but aired its last episode last week.

http://www.fox.com/the-following/

gun71530
01-28-13, 22:32
I like it so far, but I'm sure Fox will cancel it, like they usually do.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Pork Chop
01-28-13, 22:39
Last resort got cancelled? WTF?

My wife says this show is pretty gruesome, but I haven't say down to watch any episodes yet. I'll wait until I have 4 or 5 on the dvr. Is it worse than the csi shows? The graphic content I mean?

GeorgiaBoy
01-28-13, 22:41

My wife says this show is pretty gruesome, but I haven't say down to watch any episodes yet. I'll wait until I have 4 or 5 on the dvr. Is it worse than the csi shows? The graphic content I mean?

Hmm well.... I haven't watched CSI in many moons.

I would say that their is quite a bit of gruesomeness, maybe equal or more than CSI.

montanadave
01-28-13, 23:11
They cut up a dog. Not cool.

SteyrAUG
01-29-13, 00:40
Looks like more network crap. (There's a pun in there somewhere).

About the only network TV show I can watch is Blue Bloods and that is because my wife watches it otherwise I wouldn't even bother with that.

But I can't criticize too much. I'm in season two of the original "Dark Shadows." Got started out of nostalgic curiosity and now the wife is hooked on it. Only about 1,000 episodes to go...

:sarcastic:

jmp45
01-29-13, 09:40
We just caught on to Breaking Bad. We've been streaming about every evening from netflix. Only have 4 more episodes left in season 4... :mad: I'll have to check the following out.

GeorgiaBoy
01-29-13, 18:39

Yeah... and they really rushed the last half of the season. The series had a GREAT storyline [corrupt government administration with "patriotic" ship captain that refuses orders], but sadly it was never expanded. I have a feeling it could have easily lasted another season or more. The ending was "ok" but was not really surprising.