PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running the Diamondhead V-RS T?

BigRedGunner
01-28-13, 23:27
So, is anyone on here running the Diamondhead V-RS T handguard? Ive found few topics on this particular handguard and nothing recent. If so, how do you like it and would you care to share a few pics of it mounted?

clbme
02-02-13, 11:27
Giving a bump here. I've been considering it too and was looking for feedback from someone who has installed one.

sadmin
05-08-13, 10:26
I purchased the 15" length version. It was sort of an impulse buy since I really wanted the Seekins SP3R but couldnt locate one. The price was nice and was in league with the Troy tubes, which ive tried and didnt care for since I could hand crank it off.

Feel- Its very comfortable in your hand. The cuts in the rail and triangular shape are more conducive to me than a true circle since your not torquing your wrist down. Heat was a slight concern since they dont offer any proprietary covers for the bottom. My un-scientific heat test is (3) 28 round mag dumps. It did get pretty hot although the outside temp was 84 and sunny so that didnt help. I will probably do some 3m grip tape to the bottom and that should suffice. Regarding heat, im going to hit it with some paint that wont absorb the sun as bad.

Weight - The 15" is heavy...heavy comparatively speaking to other popular rail systems. Not a huge concern for me though as im a civy and dont lug a gun around for a living. The barrel nut is steel; I dont have the numbers but you can search and locate them. IG did the install for me so I know little about the lockup, but it seems solid. A skilled gunsmith is probably whats benefiting there though.

If I had a do over, I would get the 13.5" since the 15" partially covers the muzzle device which irks me since I put this on a 5.45 gun and like to periodically clean the muzzle device. Doh! Would I put this on my social gun? The one I would use to slay a murdering hoard of starving, drug smuggling illegal aliens hellbent on raping my wife and daughters with? No. Great on my training gun though and great craftsmanship / value.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/r3h4b/393450f0-8c2c-4620-a9c9-b5a6c2e8dd4c_zpsb01ec977.jpg

Iraqgunz
05-08-13, 12:24
I agree that it is a little heavy but the install was the snap it was easy to get the barrel nut on and get everything put together.

VIP3R 237
05-08-13, 13:48
I agree that it is a little heavy but the install was the snap it was easy to get the barrel nut on and get everything put together.

Agreed, it is a very easy installation.

At first glance i thought they were fugly but after installing a couple and putting some rounds downrange with them i like them more than i expected.

Fishbed77
05-15-13, 22:39
I'm strongly considering a 13.5" Diamondhead VRS-T or a 13" Troy Alpha (probably the VTAC version) for the SPR-ish build I'm currently working on. Does anyone else have experience with the Diamondhead?

Any recommendations for which would work out best on my 18" SPR barrel with a rifle-length gas system? I'm using a low-profile gas block that I'd like to cover as much as possible, but have no real interest in the longer 15" Diamondhead or Troy rails.