PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Premium AR's

AUH20
03-06-08, 06:22
I am looking to purchase a second gun, currently own a Busmaster M4. What are some of your thoughts on premium AR's ? Looking for somthing very well made, great shooter, very accurate and one that is a rock solid long term investment. What manufactures should I concider, LMT, Noveske, Saber ??? Any other ??

Thank you...

Jay Cunningham
03-06-08, 06:38
Welcome to M4C!

There are many stickied threads here that contain a great amount of info. Your question is answered here:

Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642)

Cold Zero
03-06-08, 06:38
Although, you could not go wrong with any of the choices you selected, I would prioritize it this way, Colt, Noveski, L.M.T. Saber.

Colt is the gold standard to which all others are compared. A colt will always sell quickly. Right now, how fast does a Colt 6920 sell?;)

Wichard20
03-06-08, 09:46
Although, you could not go wrong with any of the choices you selected, I would prioritize it this way, Colt, Noveski, L.M.T. Saber.

Colt is the gold standard to which all others are compared. A colt will always sell quickly. Right now, how fast does a Colt 6920 sell?;)

I been looking for a Colt 6920 but no avail at decent pricing :( Surpsied how high demand the Colt is

Now I been looking into pricing for the Noveski light carbine basic

Packman73
03-06-08, 15:52
LWRC.

TRLREDY
03-06-08, 17:02
Just purchased a NIB Colt 6721 and couldn't be happier with it.:D Have to agree with Cold Zero in that Colt is the standard by which all others are judged.

RojasTKD
03-06-08, 18:25
Long term investment Colt.

Premium accurate rifle I'm going to vote Noveske.

Colt, Noveske, LMT, Saber Defence would be my top choices.

FYI I have a Colt 6920

texasyid
03-06-08, 19:48
I don't have a Les baer AR but I do have one of his handguns . They make a Thunder Ranch model that you can get with a Collapsable stock and a flash suppressor. I have seen them and they are nice.
I have two Colt 6920's and they are nice. I also hear a lot of good things about Noveske from some very knowledgeable people on this forum but I have never held one.

sff70
03-06-08, 20:08
There are good reasons why Colts are in such demand.

MikeCLeonard
03-06-08, 20:22
My vote:

DI Ar's
- Colt
- Noveske
- LMT

Gas/Piston Ar's
- Hk 416
- LWRC

I have honestly not heard of anyone that regreted purchasing any of the rifles listed above...aside from maybe the Hk 416 when they realized they really can't afford it. These are all the best choices in my IMO.

If I had to pick out of Colt, Noveske, or LMT...I would pick Noveske for pure performance reasons. I just think Noveske may have an edge on the other two as far as accuracy is concerned...and I think they all are just as well built and reliable so the barrel is the only difference in my mind. If I was buying more for collectors reasons...I would deff. get the Colt though.

clarkz71
03-07-08, 05:09
My vote:

DI Ar's
- Colt
- Noveske
- LMT

Gas/Piston Ar's
- Hk 416
- LWRC

I agree with the above and all the other post's. I too have a Colt 6920

LTPhoon
03-07-08, 11:16
I agree with the above and all the other post's. I too have a Colt 6920

Me, too. Try and find one for a reasonable price, though. Four of them cost as much as my parent's first house...

jdp710
03-07-08, 11:33
+1 to what everyone has said. Colt ---> Noveske ---> LMT for DI.

HK 416 ---> LWRC for Piston.

I have Noveske N4 light basic and LMT that looks identical to Colt 6920. The only reason why I didn't get Colt was I didn't like the Restricted Law Enforcement/Goverment stamp on the lower receiver. Who knows how I'll be treated with it 20 years from now.

razors
03-08-08, 00:41
I would rate Saber Defense high on the list of quality....i have installed their barrels on most of my builds and have shot their factory rifles. The craftmanship is superb.

wezalsgunsupply
03-08-08, 13:21
You should consider CMMG as well as some other great suggestions that have been made. You can get any barrel you want from them. The are also priced right. Noveski you cant go wrong with. Thats going to be my next lower. Good luck.