PDA

View Full Version : centurion arms .308

trinydex
01-29-13, 10:22
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2013/01/16/centurion-arms-308/

so they made the rail... the pictures clearly indicate a full centurion arms branded lower. just a matter of time before the complete rifle is available right? i mean i understand the comments about the political climate etc... but here's hoping.

fallenromeo
01-29-13, 11:46
Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that branded lower was only for shot show to promote their rails. If you look closely, that is JD Machine Tech lower and upper that has the Centurion logo on the mag well.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Centurion branded rifle, but I don't know if they are trying to go that direction yet. JD already machines their rails so they most likely would machine their lowers and uppers if they went that direction as well.

ShootinRN
01-29-13, 12:29
Thanks for the heads up...

I have a CA Recon upper and have always liked smooth side rails. Once these come out I look forward to getting a 12 inch mounted up and put through its paces.

I wonder if the attachment mechanism will be the same design as their current rails? I don't see a place where the barrel nut is exposed so it makes me wonder how it will go together.

Either way, I am sure it will be top notch. The upper I bought is tight and shoots great.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-29-13, 12:36
That would be to bad, there are not enough quality choices out there.

trinydex
01-29-13, 16:03
Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that branded lower was only for shot show to promote their rails. If you look closely, that is JD Machine Tech lower and upper that has the Centurion logo on the mag well.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Centurion branded rifle, but I don't know if they are trying to go that direction yet. JD already machines their rails so they most likely would machine their lowers and uppers if they went that direction as well.

I think you are right. I guess my point was only that its all possible so please sell me one.

fallenromeo
01-29-13, 16:12
Thanks for the heads up...

I have a CA Recon upper and have always liked smooth side rails. Once these come out I look forward to getting a 12 inch mounted up and put through its paces.

I wonder if the attachment mechanism will be the same design as their current rails? I don't see a place where the barrel nut is exposed so it makes me wonder how it will go together.

Either way, I am sure it will be top notch. The upper I bought is tight and shoots great.

The attachment will not be the same. The Centurion C4 uses a standard barrel nut. These will have a proprietary barrel nut.

fallenromeo
01-29-13, 16:14
That would be to bad, there are not enough quality choices out there.
Agreed.

I think you are right. I guess my point was only that its all possible so please sell me one.

JD makes the lower and upper you see and they are taking backorders. So if you wanted, you could go that route. It is literally the same receiver set in the picture, just without Monty's logo on it.

trinydex
03-16-14, 17:06
any news on if a complete 308 is still an aspiration for centurion?

BrigandTwoFour
03-25-14, 23:50
As Romeo said, the Centurion receivers are JD Machine with a new logo etched on the side. If you're quick, Riflegear just got in matched sets of JD Machine 308 receivers: http://www.riflegear.com/p-2762-jd-machine-tech-308-lowerupper-set.aspx

Grab a .308 CMR rail from Centurion and your barrel of choice (Rainier Ultramatch?), a BCG (hard to find right now), stock of choice, and you've got a good start.