PDA

View Full Version : Update on DD backlog...

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 09:22
Finally got on the horn with a sales guy at DD. Here's what he told me:

They're now taking orders for rifles that will ship within 60 days. That means you can order the following (if memory serves correctly, and I believe it does):

v1
v2
v3
v7
v7lw

I did not clarify whether calibers other than 5.56 will be available for backordering.

v5's are scheduled to be ready to ship sometime in April.

markm
01-30-13, 09:39
Did you threaten LEGAL ACTION? :dance3:

M_Rapp
01-30-13, 09:44
Very good to hear. Perhaps prices wills start to get a little more sane... Has DD raised their prices?

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 09:48
Very good to hear. Perhaps prices wills start to get a little more sane... Has DD raised their prices?

A little. In the 7-10% range, IIRC.

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 10:03
Did you threaten LEGAL ACTION? :dance3:

I'm almost sufficiently frustrated to file a spurious suit at this point.

I literally e-mailed Grant and another guy here on December 12th (Newtown: Dec 13) to get in line for my first AR in a few years.

Who the hell would I sue? Hmm... Bloomberg and Feinstein both have deep pockets... :D

But I'm patient enough. This will pass.

M_Rapp
01-30-13, 10:23
A little. In the 7-10% range, IIRC.
Makes sense. I imagine demand for raw materials and parts is quite high these days...

12aklabs
01-30-13, 10:42
This is wonderful news. I just ordered both a DDM4 v5 and a Colt 6940 on the 28th. Will be nice to have both rifles in hand. :D

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 10:47
This is wonderful news. I just ordered both a DDM4 v5 and a Colt 6940 on the 28th. Will be nice to have both rifles in hand. :D

If you don't mind, where did you order them from?

12aklabs
01-30-13, 10:54
I don't mind answering. I ordered from my local AAFES (military exchange system).

Not one of the local gun shops would even try to order any. One place said they didn't know DD and that if it wasn't S&W, RRA or Bushmaster then they would not even consider it. Their excuse "if it broke you would bring it back to me to fix". Another place told me to come back in a year to order. What fools. I wanted to give them my hard earned money but they didn't want it I guess. Oh well their loss.

C-Dub
01-30-13, 12:28
Hey guys.

I also got an update from them on Monday. They told me ship dates for a few of them...

M4V1 - Feb 25th
M4V1 LW - Feb 11th
M4V4 - March 25th

I ordered a V4 in mid-December, but they oversold them. They upgraded me to a V1 LW for no extra charge.

5hortbus
01-30-13, 12:31
M4LELW. Ordered 1/2 - production 2/25.

TXBob
01-30-13, 12:36
DId you order that factory direct or through a dealer (particularly one us civies have access to).

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 12:36
Does anyone know if the "Build your own" is working at all, even if sporadically? I remember seeing that they were doing 100 a day at one point.

3 AE
01-30-13, 12:44
Does anyone know if the "Build your own" is working at all, even if sporadically? I remember seeing that they were doing 100 a day at one point.

Latest update on DD's website.

https://danieldefense.com/build-your-ddm4

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 12:46
Latest update on DD's website.

https://danieldefense.com/build-your-ddm4

Yeah, I've seen that. But it was also up at least once (for about half an hour) after they started posting that notice.

Hapworth
01-30-13, 13:51
Yeah, I've seen that. But it was also up at least once (for about half an hour) after they started posting that notice.Keep checking. When they were doing the midnight half-hour windows, the Build Your Own page said the it would open at midnight EST. For the time being, appears closed indefinitely.

MiamiAttorney
01-30-13, 14:58
Keep checking. When they were doing the midnight half-hour windows, the Build Your Own page said the it would open at midnight EST. For the time being, appears closed indefinitely.

Yeah that midnight thing was torture. I would stay up, get 3/4 through a build, and then the site would crash. Then I'd keep trying until the new "Build your DD is temporarily down" sign went back up.

Beat Trash
01-30-13, 20:40
I got my order through for the build your own rifle on 1/10. I picked it up from my FFL yesterday.

Without realizing it, my "custom build" was a V5 LW w/o sights.

mtdawg169
01-31-13, 10:08
I got my order through for the build your own rifle on 1/10. I picked it up from my FFL yesterday.

Without realizing it, my "custom build" was a V5 LW w/o sights.

Was there any price difference using the BYO feature vs a V5?

wakebrdr142
01-31-13, 10:17
I imagine it was higher due to the fed tax alone on new builds.

shaneinhisroom
01-31-13, 10:27
I just spoke with them. They can build any upper for you that is standard (meaning they offer it on the site), delivery would be mid march.

Mark21
01-31-13, 10:56
If you are waiting on a backorder for an upper that has a 16" midlength govt profile, call them. They made error in inventory and those are now out 2-3 months. I have my orders switched to lightweight profile and they are going out the door in a few days.

MiamiAttorney
01-31-13, 11:10
If you are waiting on a backorder for an upper that has a 16" midlength govt profile, call them. They made error in inventory and those are now out 2-3 months. I have my orders switched to lightweight profile and they are going out the door in a few days.

That would be me. Thank you!

Mark21
01-31-13, 12:59
That would be me. Thank you!

You are welcome. I had placed orders on 1/6 and 1/8 and since then started hearing about people who ordered after me getting orders. Talk to Matt, he's the one who is handling the 16" govt profile issue. Good luck!

Beat Trash
01-31-13, 17:54
Was there any price difference using the BYO feature vs a V5?

It ended up costing me about $50.00 more. Worth it to me to have the gun in hand within two weeks.

Federal tax is the same on the BYO vs. the V5. A complete rifle is a complete rifle...

VTLO910
01-31-13, 18:07
Doing the DD Build an AR will get it to you faster, but you will pay about $180 more for this service and quicker out the door service.

I just ordered a DDM4v7lw on 1/25...

Ship date is 3/25.

Hope this helps any of you...

Also, if you can't get through... Be patient... They have 12-13 folks to answer phones and most lines have about 60+ calls waiting for each person.

Just Keep calling!!!!

Make sure to be ready to order... Have your FFL Dealer info before you call, your credit card in hand, and all your questions written down... When you DO get through, you don't want to have to try calling back if you weren't ready...

Hope this info helps...

Rated21R
02-01-13, 14:03
Guess it's time to get on the horn. Good to know.

Storkenheimer
02-01-13, 22:08
I was able to order a DD M4 V7 today. It took some time on the phone, but hopefully it will be well worth it. They said I would have it by mid March.

greeneggsandsam
02-02-13, 15:17
Just picked up my DDM4 V1 LW from my LGS. Walked in and they were checking them into inventory. Production date on the tag said 1/28/13...only 4 days old!

Anyways, here's a pic:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/samurai_o0/photo5_zps8b4e7cbe.jpg

super happy with the quality and feel of this rifle :)

murphman
02-02-13, 16:41
Just picked up my DDM4 V1 LW from my LGS. Walked in and they were checking them into inventory. Production date on the tag said 1/28/13...only 4 days old!

Anyways, here's a pic:

congrats bud, what were they asking on them?

tripleseas
02-02-13, 18:48
I ordered a v5 lw 12/10/12 ( phone order) and was told build / ship date of 1/28. Have not heard or received any communication from dd could not get through to sales etc etc .anyone receive a ddm4 v5 lw this past week through a Px order or have any insight on v5lw's status??? Thanks!

greeneggsandsam
02-03-13, 11:01
congrats bud, what were they asking on them?

i picked it up for $1800. it's a little high since these would prob go for around $1500 pre panic but I didn't care lol.

jdm
02-03-13, 17:01
Great looking gun. I picked mine up recently from my lgs for $1500.00. It's a nice feeling knowing you have a good quality AR.

5hortbus
02-03-13, 17:19
Last I heard, the V5 production had some sort of hiccup mid Jan. Even though, we've been watching guns that each have components that could make our V5s get delivered with later order dates; the next V5 production date is to be 2/25.

Bear in mind; This date was in regard to the DDM4LELW which is , essentially the same base weapon, but also relies on 3rd party components (Aimpoint, etc) that may cause their own independent delays.

I'll be anxiously watching your delivery date.

Traveshamockery
02-03-13, 21:45

Anyways, here's a pic:

Did it come with the flip-up rear? The standard rifle has the fixed DD1.5 sight.

greeneggsandsam
02-04-13, 10:33
Did it come with the flip-up rear? The standard rifle has the fixed DD1.5 sight.

^ No, I removed the fixed sight and installed the Troy flip up rear sight.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I ran into several FTFs during my range trip yesterday. When shooting, the gun cycles but the bolt doesn't fully return to battery. Therefore, when trying to fire all I hear is the firing pin but no bang. I tried searching and found out it could possibly be due to incorrect headspacing or not enough lube, but I really hope the head spacing isn't the problem which would require me to send the gun back to DD. I lubed up the bolt and bcg generously the night before (used Hoppe's elite gun oil) but didn't put any lube in the upper receiver. Does this sound more like a lube issue and has anybody run into this type of issue before? Also, is Hoppe's elite lube good? It seems like the lube tends to go on "wet" but after a day or two the lube looks to have dried out a bit. Thanks in advance guys.

Here's a pic of the FTF I was experiencing:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/samurai_o0/photo6_zpsf648c520.jpg

mtdawg169
02-04-13, 10:37
^ No, I removed the fixed sight and installed the Troy flip up rear sight.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I ran into several FTFs during my range trip yesterday. When shooting, the gun cycles but the bolt doesn't fully return to battery. Therefore, when trying to fire all I hear is the firing pin but no bang. I tried searching and found out it could possibly be due to incorrect headspacing or not enough lube, but I really hope the head spacing isn't the problem which would require me to send the gun back to DD. I lubed up the bolt and bcg generously the night before (used Hoppe's elite gun oil) but didn't put any lube in the upper receiver. Does this sound more like a lube issue and has anybody run into this type of issue before? Also, is Hoppe's elite lube good? It seems like the lube tends to go on "wet" but after a day or two the lube looks to have dried out a bit. Thanks in advance guys.

Here's a pic of the FTF I was experiencing:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/samurai_o0/photo6_zpsf648c520.jpg

What ammo were you using?

greeneggsandsam
02-04-13, 10:44
Sorry, was using Independence ammo 5.56 55 grain and American Eagle .223 55 grain.

Both ammo used experienced the FTF

jdm
02-04-13, 10:59
I personally would use a different lube. I don't think it is a head space issue but I could be wrong. I would call DD and see what they say. I know they will take care of it know matter what.

ffhounddog
02-04-13, 13:23
I know my DDM4V7 was ordered though DSG Arms and I talked with the guy who ordered it. He said I should have it this month sometime due to what Daniel Defense told him. I am thinking more of a March time frame myself just because Others are saying for the standard midlength barrels.

jbhill22
02-04-13, 14:43
I placed a phone order for a V5 on the December 26th with a build week of Jan 21st. After a few calls last week and no rep could give me a status of what was going on. Got through today and was told the V5 was oversold and they have moved me to the April 15th build. So after 6 weeks or waiting I'm at the back of the line. I'm not to happy about it, but what can you do when you want a DD rifle.

jdm
02-04-13, 14:53
It sucks you have to wait that long to get your rifle but it will be worth the wait once it is in your hands. The V5 seems to be the most popular DD rifle right now compared to other DD models for some reason.

M_Rapp
02-04-13, 16:05
I really like their "build a rifle" concept. Most of us will either build our own or tweak most factory rifles. Sort of cool to actually be able to spec out what you want, see what it costs, and debate whether to do it yourself or give them a go. I really wish the other guys would do this as well. Neat concept. Even be nice to see it on Grant's site where one could mix and match between companies to do a specific build... ;) Probably be a nightmare to maintain these days.. But WHEN saner times arrive it might be doable.. :)

Kenneth
02-04-13, 21:11
Anyone know when your DD order says "COMPLETE" does that mean it has shipped? My order has been completed for a few days and I havent heard anything about shipping.

joepmo
02-04-13, 23:00

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up, I was exactly in this boat. Talked to Matt at DD today and they are taking care of me as well. They were very reasonable and offered several options to get the rifle to me quicker.

Joe

TacMedic556
02-05-13, 00:34
I'd chop off my own pinky and mail it to someone for a DD Omega 7.0 Rail

Ke116ngc
02-18-13, 09:26
Agreed! I've been trying to find a Lite rail 10.0" for months. I have had one on back order since December. Nobody has one and I called DD to ask for availability they stated it would be another 4-8 weeks before they had any ready for sale?

What gives? You can find many other lengths and common availability for many of DDs rails through various retailers. Do I just want a popular length?

Bulletdog
02-18-13, 10:13
I really like their "build a rifle" concept. Most of us will either build our own or tweak most factory rifles. Sort of cool to actually be able to spec out what you want, see what it costs, and debate whether to do it yourself or give them a go. I really wish the other guys would do this as well. Neat concept. Even be nice to see it on Grant's site where one could mix and match between companies to do a specific build... ;) Probably be a nightmare to maintain these days.. But WHEN saner times arrive it might be doable.. :)

Ditto. This is the main reason I've been going with DD for a while now. Instead of buying something that isn't quite what I want and then spending a few hundred on changing things around, I can just get what I want straight from the factory. Of all the complete rifles offered by all the good companies, there are combinations of things that I prefer that are not offered. Everyone wants things just a little different. The whole "one size fits all" approach is just too expensive when everyone is just going to customize it themselves anyhow. I hope other companies will soon follow the DD example. If not, I'll just keep buying everything from DD.

Bulletdog
02-18-13, 10:16
What gives? You can find many other lengths and common availability for many of DDs rails through various retailers. Do I just want a popular length?

Yes I think so. Its like trying to find size 10 or 11 shoes. Those sizes just sell out quicker. I'm waiting on some 10" railed uppers right now too.

mattg1024
02-18-13, 13:22
I'd chop off my own pinky and mail it to someone for a DD Omega 7.0 Rail

Check the EE. Someone had one for sale not too long ago if I remember correctly.