PDA

View Full Version : So where are all the new MAGPUL goodies? Now March 2008...

Rmplstlskn
03-06-08, 15:19
So where are they?

20-rd PMAGS????????
PMAG Ranger Pulls???????

1QTR is almost over...

Rmpl

markm
03-06-08, 15:25
Forget the new stuff....

Black and OD 30 round Pmags are few and far between. At least the new OD magpul followers are out. I ordered enough to convert my remaining USGI mags over to the Magpul era!

rob_s
03-06-08, 15:27
I gave up on trying to chase down "when" in this business a long time ago. It does me no good to get excited about something when NOTHING in this industry is ever released in the timeframe promised.

Better to just sit back and wait.

Paulinski
03-06-08, 15:30
Patience is a virtue in firearms business :)

UVvis
03-06-08, 17:39
I picked up some of the new yellow followers from Bower's Tactical the other day. They clash nicely with the orange/red ones.

I'm just really looking forward to the XTM rail covers.

markm
03-06-08, 18:24
I'm just really looking forward to the XTM rail covers.

Those look cool. But when they mix them up for a camo affect, it reminds me of legos or something.:p

SuicideHz
03-06-08, 18:31
So where are they?

20-rd PMAGS????????
PMAG Ranger Pulls???????

1QTR is almost over...

Rmpl

First quarter is exactly 2/3 over if you consider BHM is very short...

There are two ways to measure quarters- there's the calendar you look at and then there's fiscal. There's an offset and I'm not sure which goes which way...

I think fiscal is behind...

Nathan_Bell
03-06-08, 18:51
I gave up on trying to chase down "when" in this business a long time ago. It does me no good to get excited about something when NOTHING in any industry is ever released in the timeframe promised.

Better to just sit back and wait.

Fixed it for you. I have yet to be involved in any industry. Automotive,Computer,Construction,or Firearms that the newest toys ht the street when we want them to.

rob_s
03-06-08, 18:53
My business IS schedules. If I tell the owner I'm going to be done with his building on March 1 2010, it better be done by March 1 2010. Of course, we also get penalized financially on most of our projects if we miss the deadline. I'd take getting brow-beaten by nobodies over losing $2500/day any time.:D

Nathan_Bell
03-06-08, 19:01
My business IS schedules. If I tell the owner I'm going to be done with his building on March 1 2010, it better be done by March 1 2010. Of course, we also get penalized financially on most of our projects if we miss the deadline. I'd take getting brow-beaten by nobodies over losing $2500/day any time.:D

I so do not miss my days as a project manager

UVvis
03-07-08, 09:54
Those look cool. But when they mix them up for a camo affect, it reminds me of legos or something.:p

Yeah, so... I'm just a giant 5 year old. :)

hellbound
03-07-08, 10:39
although i've gotten pretty good at cutting down TD panels and rounding them off, the XTM covers look pretty cool...

does anyone with super secret inside SHOT show knowledge know if they ACS is going to have a QD sling swivel mount point?

decodeddiesel
03-07-08, 11:24
Well I am curious to see the MOE stuff and the Magpul "sopmod" stock :D

Jerm
03-07-08, 13:02
i cant wait for the PMAG Ranger's!

NickB
03-07-08, 22:04
So where are they?

20-rd PMAGS????????
PMAG Ranger Pulls???????

1QTR is almost over...

Rmpl

The release date for both items is March. April doesn't start for another 3 weeks, so lay off, would ya? ;)

Cold Zero
03-07-08, 22:19
Nick thanks for the update. What about the U.B.R. in F.D.E.?:confused:

TBomb
03-07-08, 22:20
The release date for both items is March. April doesn't start for another 3 weeks, so lay off, would ya? ;)

Hey, it's not our fault that you guys make some of the best, most sought-after goodies around this industry ;)

I want some PMAG ranger plates badly :D

exitinyourhead
03-07-08, 22:27
well you could be like me. I bought regular Ranger plates and sat with my 30 round pmag for like 20 minutes trying to figure out how in the world those things fit on there. I feel really stupid now, but for those 20 minutes (in my own little world) i was like a beta tester for pmag ranger plates.

Got some cool ranger plates for my regular mags now though.

yes i'm new.

NickB
03-07-08, 22:29
Nick thanks for the update. What about the U.B.R. in F.D.E.?:confused:

This month. :D

NickB
03-07-08, 22:30
Hey, it's not our fault that you guys make some of the best, most sought-after goodies around this industry ;)

I want some PMAG ranger plates badly :D

I hear you, man...they're coming. I would have gladly traded you 100 of them if you could have gotten me the hell out of Washington D.C., but alas, that very Pelican case full of gear is what caused us to miss the last flight home tonight. :(

NickB
03-07-08, 22:32
well you could be like me. I bought regular Ranger plates and sat with my 30 round pmag for like 20 minutes trying to figure out how in the world those things fit on there. I feel really stupid now, but for those 20 minutes (in my own little world) i was like a beta tester for pmag ranger plates.

Got some cool ranger plates for my regular mags now though.

If you shoot me an email on Monday I'll send you some sticky-back velcro and duct tape so you can try again. :p

TBomb
03-07-08, 23:35
If you shoot me an email on Monday I'll send you some sticky-back velcro and duct tape so you can try again. :p

I always knew you guys have the best customer service :D

I hear you, man...they're coming. I would have gladly traded you 100 of them if you could have gotten me the hell out of Washington D.C., but alas, that very Pelican case full of gear is what caused us to miss the last flight home tonight. :(

Man, to have 100 of those before they hit the streets I know I could have come up with a solution to get you out of there. I just hope you guys made a whole lot of them, because I know that they will be a hot item. :cool:

Deadcenter45
03-08-08, 00:35
The polymer BUIS too perhaps ?

NickB
03-08-08, 00:39
The polymer BUIS too perhaps ?

No date yet - the MBUS shown at SHOT were the first prototypes, so we've still got some refining and testing to do.

Deadcenter45
03-08-08, 01:02
No date yet - the MBUS shown at SHOT were the first prototypes, so we've still got some refining and testing to do.

Ah thank you, those look interesting.

I will be happy to add some 20rnd mags to my collection! :D

rob_s
03-08-08, 07:57
I saw someone somewhere call the sights "BUPS" for "back up plastic sights". I still get a chuckle from that.

NickB
03-08-08, 08:36
I saw someone somewhere call the sights "BUPS" for "back up plastic sights". I still get a chuckle from that.

I wanted PISS (Polymer Iron Sight Substitute), but was out-voted. :(

ETA: Eric B and I also voted for Advanced Storage Stock (ASS), but settled for ACS.

flyer
03-08-08, 12:17
Can you purchase the Gen III followers in bulk? Say 20 at a time at a good price? If so where?

NickB
03-08-08, 19:58
Can you purchase the Gen III followers in bulk? Say 20 at a time at a good price? If so where?

You cannot purchase bulk from Magpul unless you're talking distributor/manufacturer-level quantities. Some of our dealers may have specials, though...have you contacted Grant? sales@grtactical.com would be a starting point - he has good pricing on our gear, and so do many of the supporting vendors here.

Stickman
03-08-08, 20:03
NickB,

Slacker, since you don't answer your phone, give me a call.

Here is a picture to stay on topic.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_0134%201028%20Stick.jpg

pittbull
03-08-08, 20:05
I wanted PISS (Polymer Iron Sight Substitute), but was out-voted. :(

ETA: Eric B and I also voted for Advanced Storage Stock (ASS), but settled for ACS.

LMAO!
Those are WAYYYYYY better acronyms...(IMHO)

NickB
03-08-08, 20:10
NickB,

Slacker, since you don't answer your phone, give me a call.

Here is a picture to stay on topic.

Haha! I was stranded in D.C., and your phone call was at 3:00am! I didn't even remember you calling until I looked at my call log getting on the plane this afternoon.

I'll give you a call tonight/tomorrow.

DrDrake
03-08-08, 21:59
nevermind

KevinB
03-09-08, 03:18
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/048.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/067.jpg

Can't wait for PMag Ranger Plates...

I'm CONUS for the next 16 days - if I knew you where stuck in DC I would have offered to take them off your hands...

adh
03-09-08, 12:39
Wondering when the new rail covers and the MOE stuff is going to become available (if either have been mentioned in this thread I missed it [and I went through the whole thread])

DocHolliday01
03-09-08, 15:50
KevinB - Where did you get that ready mag setup? Thanks

SHIVAN
03-09-08, 19:02
KevinB - Where did you get that ready mag setup? Thanks

There is an improved version available from Blue Force Gear --> Redi-Mag (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=1&prod_id=91). It's lighter, and has a couple added features.

DocHolliday01
03-09-08, 19:58
Thank you kind Sir

markm
03-10-08, 09:01

Grant has a little break on the price if you buy 10 or more. I just bought 20 from him.

I think I'll have more Followers than aluminum mags... I forgot that I had replaced a bunch already.

CarlosDJackal
03-23-08, 21:26
Forget the 20-round mags. I' still lookin for the UBR!!

KevinB
03-23-08, 21:30
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/JonathonHk41610.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/JwMikeR23Arifle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/jcqb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/JandBeast.jpg

Pmags still rock...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/SnowLoad.jpg

TBomb
03-23-08, 21:36
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Shooting/JonathonHk41610.jpg

I wonder if he knows how many people he made jealous when you posted that photo...