PDA

View Full Version : I'm being sorely tempted right now...

Auto426
01-30-13, 15:18
So I get home today and notice a new email on my iPad. Turns out its from CDNN Sports, and they have have a new batch of pistols in stock. I look at the advert and notice 9mm Sig 226s for $500, what I'm assuming are police trade ins or foreign surplus. The thing is, they are advertised as "original design", basically meaning non-railed frame.

Now I've sort of been lusting after a full sized Sig for a while now, and the thought of an older non-railed version with the original style trigger is making me want to reach for my wallet. The guns are described as very good condition, but I have heard that CDNN is somewhat liberals with their condition descriptions. The pictured gun has an external extractor, so I'm guessing its probably made sometime around the transition from German made to US made guns.

Any input?

chuckman
01-30-13, 18:47
Why wouldn't you get it if you have the money? If it is W German, you will enjoy it. The downside is unknown condition of the rails...you can't guarantee it has good rails. But for $500 it may be worth the risk...if they are trade-ins chances are they haven't been fired a crap-load and they are in decent shape.

S-1
01-30-13, 19:48
German or not, you should get it if you want it. The external extractor means that it has the stainless steel slide, which is a good thing.

Atlshaun
01-30-13, 20:17
Buy it if it makes you happy

You can always sell it for little or no loss (or maybe profit)

You cant really lose

samuse
01-30-13, 21:08
The stainless slide, non-railed 226 is, IMO, the best ones they ever made.

I say go for it.

Hell, I'd snag one but I'm too heavily invested in the P229 to justify one...

El Pistolero
01-30-13, 21:44
Do it. I bought a police trade-in P226 from Widener's for $425 and after shipping and transfer came out to about $480. It's a lot of pistol for the money. I got lucky with mine that it is basically unfired, the internals were tip-top, just heavy holster wear. All I did to it was install Trijicon HDs and that gun is the cats ass now. All that's left is new springs and breech block roll pins.

Buy it, you won't regret it!