PDA

View Full Version : New sbr build

Hemoglobin
01-30-13, 21:03
I'll update with pictures when I get home. My baby girl was born 2 nights ago ,a month early, and I'm burning up the night shift here at the hospital while the wife rests so fill free to throw out anything.

As of right now it has a phase 5 tactical pistol buffer. (Yeah yeah I know)

This is basically just a "I want it" rifle, but honestly I would bet that it becomes a favorite. The only thing I'm really Hung up on at this point is the light. I forced myself to put my x300 at 12 o'clock on my carbine and got use to it and now I love it, but I'm not sure about the sbr. I'll have to play with them some I guess.

I'm really pondering a a5 but can't seem to jump. I like that I can pop on the web and grab 5 standard springs from anywhere.... Including the waste of time shops around here.

Anyway---

Lower:
Mega forged lower
Colt lpk
Vltor mil spec receiver extension w/ a h2( in the future - I have a phase 5 pistol tube on while awaiting stamp) and a B5 sopmod
Magpul aluminum trigger guard
Noveske qd endplate
Geissele SSA
B.A.D.A.S.S
BCM Gunfighter grip

Upper:

Vltor MUR upper receiver
Centurion hammer forged 11.5" barrel
Battlecomp 2.0
Centurion 10" C4 handguard
Vltor gas block (pinned)
BCM gas tube
BCM BCG
BCM Gunfighter charging handle

DD A 1.5
DD fixed front
DD Aimpoint micro mount w/ Aimpoint H-1
TD stubby
6px in a gear sector mount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ready.Fire.Aim
01-30-13, 21:21
Congrats on the baby girl. We raised two, now 23 and 24, oldest just got engaged to a great guy :)

Wow, that is a Cadillac SBR, nice choice of top shelf parts. I bet the Colt LPK was two bills. I agree with you, buy once, cry once.

I have a small pile of SBRs, I use almost the same parts collection. Last three have the VLTOR A5, they seem to run fine with them, even the 10" barrels.

Post some photos.

Have fun,
RFA

Hemoglobin
01-30-13, 22:12
Thank you!

The colt parts weren't that bad. It was the small kit from brownells a while ago. Most of the parts I had before all this crap started except the barrel, optic, and of course, the stamp.

I don't know. The a5 may happen if I can find the parts before the stamp gets in. Lots of positive feedback. Guess its not the most expensive trial and error ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hemoglobin
02-08-13, 09:58
Well, the Aimpoint finally came in. Now I just have to wait for the stamp to add the stock.

Picture:

The_Hammer_Man
02-08-13, 15:30
Nice stick.. good parts choices from what I can see and have read.