PDA

View Full Version : Brownells Modular Gas Block

firecop019
03-06-08, 18:16
Anyone tried one? Right now I just would like to mount a flashlight until I can save up the funds for one of the DD forends.

Thanks

RD62
03-06-08, 20:54
Haven't tried one, but if you just want to mount a light until you get a railed forend, I would just get a bolt on rail for the standard handguards or a FSB mount. I like alot of Brownell's stuff, but looking at the picks this doesn't strike my fancy. Set screwed gas blocks aren't thought real highly of around here due to their tendancy to move when you don't want them to. I'm partial to fixed FSB's anyway.

-RD62

wezalsgunsupply
03-07-08, 21:58
Hey, I've used several of these for guys wanting a budget build. Have not had any problems. Most guys wanting budget rifles are not shooting real heavy. If they cant afford a few perks on the rifle they cant afford the rounds to blast. Thats kind of the way I look at it for these guys. But for a short term its not bad til you can upgrade. Some guys wont spend a penny more than they have to. They just want to say they got an AR. So they get a lot of DPMS parts in these guns. They want cheap so I got to use cheap parts.