PDA

View Full Version : Police Barred From Vermont Gun Range

7 RING
01-30-13, 21:12
This is unfortunate. The city council should have thought before they acted. They put their own police department in an awkward position.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/cops-barred-from-gun-range-over-semi-automatic-rifle-ban/

kmrtnsn
01-30-13, 22:17
This is unfortunate. The city council should have thought before they acted. They put their own police department in an awkward position.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/cops-barred-from-gun-range-over-semi-automatic-rifle-ban/

It is going to grass roots actions like this, that are going to force local police departments to stand with the Second Amendment and gun rights of citizens and fight such bullshit council actions. Bravo, Lamoille Valley Fish and Game Club!!!

halo2304
01-30-13, 22:40
I'll second that "Bravo!"

SteyrAUG
01-30-13, 22:42
It is going to grass roots actions like this, that are going to force local police departments to stand with the Second Amendment and gun rights of citizens and fight such bullshit council actions. Bravo, Lamoille Valley Fish and Game Club!!!

And if the police do the right thing and refuse to support the responsible council members this problem will probably correct itself.

kmrtnsn
01-30-13, 22:51
And if the police do the right thing and refuse to support the responsible council members this problem will probably correct itself.

That would be the point!

8200rpm
01-30-13, 23:48
If the gun manufacturers had some real balls, they'd pull a Ronnie Barrett on every LE department whose chief/sheriff supported a magazine capacity limit or semi-auto ban.

scottryan
01-31-13, 00:54
**** them.

My private gun club has similar arrangements with various local LE departments.

For them to use the range, they must sign NFA paperwork.

Any refusal, anti gun shenanigans, or harassment by the LE to local citizen over guns, and the range is cut off from them.

Moose-Knuckle
01-31-13, 04:12
Guess what, our department range is only open to two agencies not, the general public. Why should a privately owned public shooting range be any different?

Again Bravo! Push back.

7 RING
01-31-13, 09:08
I would bet that at least one of the Vermont police officers is a gun club member. You can only imagine how they feel about this situation.

I am on the board of directors at one of the local gun clubs and police agencies use our range several times a year. Some of the officers are members of our club and long time members of the NRA. We are staying on top of this sort of thing in our area and luckily no one has proposed any anti-firearm (Anti-American) legislation at the local or county level.

This sort of thing concerns me a great deal. Politicians need to think before they act or be voted out of office.

Irish
01-31-13, 12:52
Pick a side.