PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense MK18 fully auto

easystreetguns
01-31-13, 09:07
I am waiting for my paperwork to come back on a DDMK18. I have seen numerous videos where the rifles was fully automatic. This may be a crazy question but I am wondering did they come like this because I purchased a slide fire stock with my gun and was that a bad idea.

m249saw
01-31-13, 09:09
The Mk18 is a select fire weapon as issued by the military.

J8127
01-31-13, 09:11
Start reading new friend.

CrazyFingers
01-31-13, 09:13
"easystreetguns"
??

I am waiting for my paperwork to come back on a DDMK18. I have seen numerous videos where the rifles was fully automatic. This may be a crazy question but I am wondering did they come like this because I purchased a slide fire stock with my gun and was that a bad idea.

Wow.
Well, if you enjoy dumping $30 in 3 seconds without hitting anything, then the Slidefire was a fantastic idea and you should buy another one.

As to buying a new-production select-fire rifle, I'm guessing that if you have to ask, the answer is "No".

thopkins22
01-31-13, 09:17
The slidefire stock was a bad idea...because it's a novelty. Leave it off of your DD.

Not a single rifle delivered to a civilian non-dealer by Daniel Defense has been fully automatic. What you saw was an upper on a full-auto lower that was made before 1986 and registered with the ATF.

If you have serious cash burning a hole in your pocket then maybe you can move on one yourself. But expect to pay what a moderately priced car costs.

I suggest you read every single sticky in the AR General Discussion and AR Technical Discussion section before you go much further.

Congrats on the MK18 though, great gun.

Iraq Ninja
01-31-13, 09:32
The slidefire stock was a bad idea...because it's a novelty. Leave it off of your DD.

What you saw was an upper on a full-auto lower that was made before 1986 and registered with the ATF.

Or, the owner is a FFL/SOT and they Form 2 a semi lower they converted to full auto.

JSantoro
01-31-13, 09:39
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70019

Form Follows Function.
The Good: Perspective is an important component to understanding what M4C is all about, and our perspective on firearms as working tools can be especially instructive

Along the lines of the bolded portion, Slide-Fire stocks are...

....ummm...

....let's call it not regarded particularly well. To the point that "Slide-Fire" and "retarded" share a sentence more often than not. ;)

Might be a good idea to look at the NFA subforum to get a better handle on the rules/laws that impact full-auto, short-barreled rifles (SBRs), suppressors and the like. Lots of Mk18 threads to see, in particular.