PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Opinion of Value needed

Cold Zero
03-07-08, 00:36
What would a W.W. 2 1911 Remington Rand marked "U.S. Gov't Property" in the 1,500,000 serial number range be worth in 98% condition, low low round count? One owner, two if you count U.S. Army, European Theatre.

With two magazines and 4 boxes of ammo.

Many Thanks.

Gutshot John
03-07-08, 08:42
Without looking at a reference or the gun, and depending on number of original parts roughly $1K+ assuming it HAS NOT been refinished.

For the round count you'd need some sort of provenance for a collector's piece I'd think. Given the age of the pistol and that you didn't get it new, hearsay might not be adequate.

If you feel like doing a little research and can match the serial number to military records, and its in collectible condition, you'll get top value out of it.

bspring
03-07-08, 10:37
$1200 to $1500 if it is really nice. More if it has the original Kraft shipping box and spare mag.

Bill

Cold Zero
03-07-08, 10:56
It does not have the box

It does have the extra mag

it does have all original parts

it has the original parkerized finish. it looked o.d. green to me?

not looking for a collector piece. I would like to shoot the hell out of it.;)

I would say that it is really nice. no scratches on it. I am guessing it was made late in the war?

Gutshot John
03-07-08, 11:01
It does not have the box

It does have the extra mag

it does have all original parts

it has the original parkerized finish. it looked o.d. green to me?

not looking for a collector piece. I would like to shoot the hell out of it.;)

I would say that it is really nice. no scratches on it. I am guessing it was made late in the war?

Parkerizing gets the green patina, so it's probably original finish, most collectors value that patina.

If it's a nice as you say I'd keep it and find yourself another shooter.

It's a nice little bit of history. If you can find some military records/history of the gun you could have yourself a nice piece that will only grow in value. If it were me, I wouldn't shoot it.

If you want a shooter, I'm sure we can arrange a trade of some kind. :D

Rembrandt
03-07-08, 12:27
Value would depend if it's an arsenal rebuild or a GI bring back. If it has a "RIA" stamping, it's an arsenal rebuild.....I've seen nice ones go for $1700-$2000. If the gun was a GI bring back in 98% condition, those values could double.

Cold Zero
03-07-08, 18:15
Value would depend if it's an arsenal rebuild or a GI bring back. If it has a "RIA" stamping, it's an arsenal rebuild.....I've seen nice ones go for $1700-$2000. If the gun was a GI bring back in 98% condition, those values could double.

It is a G.I. bring back. Actually, he brought back two of them. Someone else had first dibs on it and the guy passed on it last night. Mindboggling.:rolleyes:

There was no "R.I.A." stamping that I saw. I had a guy who works in a gun store part time tell me from what I told him, $3,500. I thought he was out of his mind. I guess I am the one who does not know. I am waiting on a call t find out how much the Vet' wants for it.

Thanks for the info'.

Gutshot John
03-07-08, 18:30
It is a G.I. bring back. Actually, he brought back two of them. Someone else had first dibs on it and the guy passed on it last night. Mindboggling.:rolleyes:

There was no "R.I.A." stamping that I saw. I had a guy who works in a gun store part time tell me from what I told him, $3,500. I thought he was out of his mind. I guess I am the one who does not know. I am waiting on a call t find out how much the Vet' wants for it.

Thanks for the info'.

:eek:

Could you post some pics...I just want to see it.

Cold Zero
03-07-08, 18:58
I don't have any photos of it. If the opportunity presents,
I will take photos. Thanks.