PDA

View Full Version : Budget dot for 15-22?

Trumpet
02-01-13, 12:51
Alrighty,
So I finally got my 15-22. Now I need a dot. This (obviously) isn't a "serious" rifle, so IMO there's no need to spend Aimpoint/EOTech kind of coin. I've seen lots of recommendations for the PA micro dot and the Bushnell TRS 25. Now, here are my thoughts/questions.

I'm seriously considering a reflex type sight. To my thinking they would be brighter, and the larger FOV can only be a benefit. I currently only have access to an indoor range, so brightness is a factor. Also, I'm thinking I don't want anything smaller than a 4 moa dot. Any thoughts? I've looked at the SightMark and Mueller (and most of the other of that ilk) and honestly, I think they're all the same damn thing just rebadged. I'm assuming the ATN UltraSight is absolute poop? Is the C-more the only thing that fits my criteria?

mattg1024
02-01-13, 13:17
I'd recommend the PA micro for a .22. Have one on my 15-22 and its been great. I have a T1 on a couple ARs so it's nice to keep the "trainer" gun along the same lines.

jmnielsen
02-01-13, 14:04
The vortex Sparc has some great reviews. It's right at $200 I think. That's probably what I would use.

Edit: just saw you said nothing smaller than 4 MOA. Vortex Strikefire can be had for $130 or so and is 4MOA. Had one for a little while and my AR and liked it but sold it for a variable power optic.

Kenneth
02-01-13, 14:15
I'd recommend the PA micro for a .22. Have one on my 15-22 and its been great. I have a T1 on a couple ARs so it's nice to keep the "trainer" gun along the same lines.

I have on on my AR and it has held up fine. It's perfect for a budget red dot.

StrikerFired
02-01-13, 16:14
2nd on the PA red dot. I actually have one on a rem 870 that has held up for two years now and it's been through a couple of SG classes! Good investment of 80 bucks, and since it's not anything more then a range/fun gun I don't find the need to put an aimpoint on it.

ltdanicecream
02-04-13, 12:52

This is what I have and it's worked out great

BrigandTwoFour
02-04-13, 14:45
+1 for the Vortex RDS options.

While I use an XPS as my go to RDS, a budget-minded friend of mine picked up one of the Vortex sights (not sure which one) and it performed well for him on a standard AR-15. I imagine it would be more than adequate for a .22

HackerF15E
02-04-13, 15:01
I am very happy with a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 15-22.

Tzook
02-04-13, 15:50
You can't go wrong with primary arms.... They make good quality stuff cheap.

chris@so
02-04-13, 20:15
Vortex SPARC or Crossfire get my vote. Both come in at 200 or below and come with a lifetime warranty.