PDA

View Full Version : AR Gunsmith in Houston TX area (south side preferred)

Frogracer
02-01-13, 12:56
AR Gunsmith in Houston TX area (south side preferred)
Looking for a reputable gun smith in the Houston TX area. Preferably south of I10.

Looking to have my DDM4-V2 stock rail removed and replaced with an Omega X rail. To do so I need to remove the FSB which is pinned.

Your help is much appreciated.

Kenneth
02-01-13, 13:06
All you do is knock the pins out. Look up some You tube videos and do it yourself.

thopkins22
02-01-13, 13:07
AR Gunsmith in Houston TX area (south side preferred)
Looking for a reputable gun smith in the Houston TX area. Preferably south of I10.

Looking to have my DDM4-V2 stock rail removed and replaced with an Omega X rail. To do so I need to remove the FSB which is pinned.

Your help is much appreciated.

Call Jen at Texas Tactical Gear. They're primarily a dealer and work on/assemble stuff you've bought from them, but I bet they'll do it for a fee. (281) 484-0800

She has the only place that I've found near town that I'd let touch my guns. There may be someone else that I don't know about...but Jen knows her stuff.

matemike
02-01-13, 13:45
The Arms Room on 45 near clearlake/dickinson or SOG Armory near 59 and south beltway

but also suggest doing it yourself, there are many how to's and vids on the web

Frogracer
02-01-13, 13:50
Thanks for the feedback. I will touch base with a couple of the shops recommended.

I have tried punching out the pins myself to no avail.

LoboTBL
02-13-13, 11:59
Don't know if you've already gotten the work done but I was able to do mine myself. I used a plastic FSB doohickey from Brownells to support the FSB and had to give the pins a few good whacks to break loose. Not to insult your intelligence but keep in mind that those pins are tapered and only come out in one direction.

randolph
02-13-13, 15:27
avoid SOG, they have a very bad reputation...

TxPiKapp
10-27-13, 01:47
Carter's Country is right on i10 and do pretty good work..