PDA

View Full Version : Mossie Tactics mount with SR07 or similar switch?

jaxman7
02-01-13, 19:58
Guys,

Am working on a new LW FSB setup. I really like the setup Buck has with his FSB mount.

I am trying to keep the light activation setup the same as my other rifle. This is a tape switch (SR07) on the forward most part of the handguard for the midlength MOE HG I plan to have on this build.

My question is can a remote be run on a TLR or X300 series while mounted on the Mossie Tactics light mount? It doesn't (from ipics I've seen) appear it will work. The light would be positioned too far forward to attach itself to the mount with the remote switch mounted. Make sense?

Being a Surefire snob I would definitely prefer the X300 but am willing to go the TL route if this would work. Any feedback? Thanks.

If not I will just go the way of mounting it at the 1 o'clock position.

-Jax

cdmiller
02-01-13, 21:50
Don't know for sure about an X300 with a tape switch, but if you look at this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=108683) you will see how I did it with a TLR-1 on my wife's rifle.

jaxman7
02-02-13, 14:02
Thank you cdmiler.

So what did you finally do about securing the tape switch wire? Any heat issues?

I am probably going to put another Scout on this gun but still open to trying this.

Thanks,

-Jax

cdmiller
02-02-13, 14:39
Used 3 LaRue Index Clips. Works better than I actually expected it to. No heat issues so far but then my wife's AR never gets run as hard as my ACR.

Prairie Patriot
02-12-13, 18:54
Guys,

Am working on a new LW FSB setup. I really like the setup Buck has with his FSB mount.

I am trying to keep the light activation setup the same as my other rifle. This is a tape switch (SR07) on the forward most part of the handguard for the midlength MOE HG I plan to have on this build.

My question is can a remote be run on a TLR or X300 series while mounted on the Mossie Tactics light mount? It doesn't (from ipics I've seen) appear it will work. The light would be positioned too far forward to attach itself to the mount with the remote switch mounted. Make sense?

Being a Surefire snob I would definitely prefer the X300 but am willing to go the TL route if this would work. Any feedback? Thanks.

If not I will just go the way of mounting it at the 1 o'clock position.

-Jax

I'm kind of a Surefire snob as well (and it's what I currently run on my carbine). Did you ever find out if the tail cap switch would work outside of the information on this thread?

JBecker 72
02-12-13, 19:03
I had one of the XT tail caps at one time, and there is no way that thing would fit between the X300 and the FSP on that mount.

Prairie Patriot
02-12-13, 19:11
I had one of the XT tail caps at one time, and there is no way that thing would fit between the X300 and the FSP on that mount.

Arg, what a bummer. I was looking at pictures just now and mocking up where the light would be positioned on my rifle. I would need thumb extensions to reach the rocker switch. :D And if I cannot do a tail cap switch then it's a no go.

Guess I'll go back to my original idea of an Inforce WML/Thorntail mount. The x300 will go back on my pistol.

JBecker 72
02-12-13, 19:16
Yeah, here is a picture to show the length. The wire comes right out of the middle as well. I switched to Scout lights on the rifles and kept the X300 for pistol use only.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/IMAG0260.jpg

Prairie Patriot
02-12-13, 19:18
Yeah, here is a picture to show the length. The wire comes right out of the middle as well.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/IMAG0260.jpg

Yeah, darn it. That's not gonna work. Thorntail/Inforce it is. Thanks for the picture.

jaxman7
02-13-13, 19:13
Looking at Streamlight's new 630 lumen light. Pardon me for ignorance but can anyone specify that the plug in for the TL series is offset to the side? I saw a pic on one of SMGLee's SHOT Show threads and it looked as if it may work with the Mossie setup. I could be wrong though.

Just picked up a Scout light and put a 200 lumen LX2 head on it. So may go that route but really wanted to try the FSB mount setup with switch if possible.

-Jax

Iraqgunz
02-19-13, 23:52
I may be wrong, but I believe the X300 lights with switch option will work with a Mossie Mount if it is the Picatinney version with 3 slots.

JBecker 72
02-20-13, 07:05
Is it longer than the regular version?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jaxman7
02-20-13, 19:42
Missed the most recent posts.

JB,

Thanks alot for the pics man. Judging from those you're correct no way it'll fit.

IG,

The one I am getting has 4 recoil grooves. If you are referring to the XT07 switch (which is what JB has) I can't see it working bud. Unless you have something else in mind I am unaware of.

Here is a pic (stolen from masakari, hope you dont mind) of a Mossie mount with a TL series light. Notice the connection for the switch plug in is offset. Allowing it to be used with the Mossie mount:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130220_193520_zps456edc7e.jpg

-Jax

Iraqgunz
02-21-13, 04:56
We spoke about it last night and no it won't work. I had to use Thorntail simply because I wanted the use a pressure switch top mounted with my Surefire Mini Scoutlight.

I would keep my eyes open for some newer things down the road.

One has to remember that the original design was for using a light like the X300 with the rear switch only and no mods to the weapon.

Missed the most recent posts.

JB,

Thanks alot for the pics man. Judging from those you're correct no way it'll fit.

IG,

The one I am getting has 4 recoil grooves. If you are referring to the XT07 switch (which is what JB has) I can't see it working bud. Unless you have something else in mind I am unaware of.

Here is a pic (stolen from masakari, hope you dont mind) of a Mossie mount with a TL series light. Notice the connection for the switch plug in is offset. Allowing it to be used with the Mossie mount:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20130220_193520_zps456edc7e.jpg

-Jax

jaxman7
02-21-13, 05:06
Thanks for looking into it Gunz.

I'll keep my eyes open.

-Jax