PDA

View Full Version : anti-NRA group posing as Pro-Gun

tb-av
02-01-13, 22:13
On January 11, the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund voted to award Virginia Delegate L. Scott Lingamfelter with the Carter-Knight Award. Delegate Lingamfelter is chairman of the House Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee. He was the chief patron of legislation last year that repealed Virginia’s gun rationing (one-gun-a-month) statute. In addition, Delegate Lingamfelter is the founder and co-chairman of the Virginia Legislative Sportsmen Caucus.

"We were most impressed with Delegate Lingamfelter's unwavering principles, proven expertise and genuine accomplishments," said Fund Chairman and NRA Director William H. Dailey. Established in 1989, the Carter-Knight Freedom Fund Award is the most prestigious honor bestowed by the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund. Named for Harlon Carter, founding Director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, and George Knight, founder of the Fund, it was created to honor those who demonstrate exemplary support for the constitutional and human Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The announcement of this award was made last week in this news release. For more information about this award, please click here.

Delegate Scott Lingamfelter is and has been a champion of and leader on our Second Amendment rights and hunting heritage during his entire tenure in the Virginia House of Delegates. Accordingly, he deserves your appreciation and praise.

An anti-NRA group posing as pro-gun has recently circulated information questioning the motive and timing of this award. This same state group and its national ally have also disseminated information misrepresenting gun-related legislation in the Virginia General Assembly.

Antone know who this anti-group is?

Magic_Salad0892
02-01-13, 23:42
Antone know who this anti-group is?

They're doing to us EXACTLY what I said we should do to them.

boggyboy72
02-02-13, 14:23
I read about a group called NRAwol.net on another forum,but the site seems to be down now.Maybe not Anti,but calling the NRA on what they see as it's BS.

This is where I read about them.

http://iccf.freeforums.org/attn-nra-members-important-read-t618.html

I sometimes don't agree with the NRA,but I am a LM and they do good work overall.

We all need to stick together right now.

7 RING
02-02-13, 14:57
I would bet a shiny new dime that recently a lot more anti-2nd Amendment people have joined firearm related forums and are stirring the pot. We need to be cautious about this and not let them bait us.

I haven't heard of this particular group until now. I agree we all have to stick together to win.

bulbvivid
02-02-13, 15:42
This could help: http://web.archive.org/web/20120112100355/http://nrawol.net/

CarlosDJackal
02-02-13, 19:50
It could be the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL). They are a pro-gun group that align themselves with the GOA and are vehemently anti-NRA.

Their members have been introducing By-Law changes to the Gun Club that would not require every member to be a member of the NRA for the past 3 or 4 years.

Spiffums
02-02-13, 21:44
I would bet a shiny new dime that recently a lot more anti-2nd Amendment people have joined firearm related forums and are stirring the pot. We need to be cautious about this and not let them bait us.

I haven't heard of this particular group until now. I agree we all have to stick together to win.

I never thought I'd see the day that "Someone on a message board said on the internet" would be a creditable argument for passing a law or not.

7 RING
02-03-13, 07:23
I never thought I'd see the day that "Someone on a message board said on the internet" would be a creditable argument for passing a law or not.

???????????

7 RING
02-03-13, 07:27
It could be the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL). They are a pro-gun group that align themselves with the GOA and are vehemently anti-NRA.

Their members have been introducing By-Law changes to the Gun Club that would not require every member to be a member of the NRA for the past 3 or 4 years.

I am on the board of directors at my gun club. We do not require anyone to be a NRA member to be a member of our club. This is America and forcing them to belong to any organization goes against the doctrine of our club.

We do encourage our members to join the NRA, GOA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, State Rifle Association or some other group that fights for our firearm rights.

tb-av
02-03-13, 10:24

I would be stunned if it's VCDL as they are the most powerful force in VA that goes out of their way to promote gun friendly laws in VA.

http://vcdl.org/

and if you look at their latest update with 30 items and search "NRA" there are only two basic references and those are reprints from other sources. http://vcdl.org/node/254

CarlosDJackal
02-03-13, 10:50
I am on the board of directors at my gun club. We do not require anyone to be a NRA member to be a member of our club. This is America and forcing them to belong to any organization goes against the doctrine of our club.

We do encourage our members to join the NRA, GOA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, State Rifle Association or some other group that fights for our firearm rights.

I'm a member of our board as well. Our club was created more than 50-years ago as an NRA Affiliated club. It always has and based on how the voting has been, it always will.

Members are free to join other organizations as well and we even welcome them to hold any activities at our facilities. We also allow them to hold recruit drives during our membership meetings.

That being said, their attempts to force our club to break our relationship with the NRA is not only unwelcome it is downright annoying. If they don't like being part or the NRA then they should leave and join another club. We have over 1,400 members as it is and I don't think we would miss the half dozen or so guilty parties. FWIW, the anti-gun members of the club (yes, we have a lot of them - most of whom only shoot shotguns) have been trying this for years as well.

FWIW, I do not think the VCDL is an anti-gun group. I do know for a fact that they are anti-NRA. I was a member about a decade ago and 4 out of every 5 messages I used to get from them was usually anti-NRA in topic.

CarlosDJackal
02-03-13, 10:57
I would be stunned if it's VCDL as they are the most powerful force in VA that goes out of their way to promote gun friendly laws in VA.

http://vcdl.org/

and if you look at their latest update with 30 items and search "NRA" there are only two basic references and those are reprints from other sources. http://vcdl.org/node/254

The VCDL is a staunch pro-Second Amendment group but have always been anti-NRA. I'm a former member. They were also against Project EXILE which was very effective in stemming gun violence. This law was repealed by then governor kaine a few years ago.

Heavy Metal
02-03-13, 11:36
VCDL is likely the most effective state-level gun rights organization in the nation.

They are a model for the rest IMO.