PDA

View Full Version : Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

C45P312
02-02-13, 21:16
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/02/03/american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-murdered/

http://sofrep.com/16838/chris-kyle-another-brother-lost/

Man this sucks. More information is just keeping in though it happened a couple hours ago. Supposedly they have a good idea on who the suspect(s) is/are.

R.I.P.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/295082_282173821909674_1197925175_n.png

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550323_523192384378030_656640000_n.jpg

GeorgiaBoy
02-02-13, 21:21
Seems like too many good people are dying these days.

Voodoo_Man
02-02-13, 21:22
Sad news

Rip

number9xd
02-02-13, 21:23
Dang :(

SWATcop556
02-02-13, 21:25
Rest in Peace. Man that's some shitty news.

SWATcop556
02-02-13, 21:36
Sent to me by StevieJ309.

02-02-13, 21:45
After all the down range shit CK went through and this is how he meets his end. Too bad the POS that did this can't be handed over to his former team members.

Steve S.
02-02-13, 21:45
Wow... just met that guy at SHOT and bought his signed book at Warrior Appreciation Night. Actually reading it right before coming to the computer before going to bed.

What a tragedy. Seriously. Spend your life downrange and get killed by some scumbag from your own country while uprange. ****ing disgusting.

ETA: Just read the SOFREP version and not the mainstream news version, which pegs the shooter as a Marine with PTSD. That just ices the cake for how sad this situation is. Prayers to both the victim and the shooter - for it sounds like his service to his country left some deep scars that have only gotten deeper.

Sam
02-02-13, 21:47
I am shocked. Killed by a Marine veteran suffering PTSD !

davidjinks
02-02-13, 21:47
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/rough-creek-189536271.html

This is the best information I could find for any updates on this. I don't even know what to say. I hope his family will find peace through all of this.

I believe they have the shooter in custody.

number9xd
02-02-13, 21:54
Damn....seriously???

ETA....sorry, page on my phone hadn't refreshed :(

Moose-Knuckle
02-02-13, 21:54
Damn.

Sounds like they got ambushed while at the range?

This is terrible. I grew up not far from there and know that area well. Had a cousin graduate from Tarleton too. :(

SMETNA
02-02-13, 22:02
That really does suck. RIP.

I wonder if the perp is a Jesse Ventura fan.

sadmin
02-02-13, 22:05
Unreal. Prayers for this warriors loved ones. What a tragedy... I'm literally at a loss, what the hell is going on?

ALCOAR
02-02-13, 22:09
This is really tough to swallow....wow what a loss of truly a great man!

CLHC
02-02-13, 22:11
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html

According to that news report, these two were neighbors?

OldState
02-02-13, 22:17
I absolutely hated hearing this. Life can be so unfare. I caught several of his interviews and he really seemed like a stand up guy.

I'm his age and have 2 kids as well. So, so horrible. To go through all his experiences and die like that. I pray for his family.

JBecker 72
02-02-13, 22:21
Sad news. RIP

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Voodoochild
02-02-13, 22:26
Valhalla awaits. RIP SEAL.

BrigandTwoFour
02-02-13, 23:04
Just saw this. Can't believe it.

Seems like it's going to be a rough year. First Noveske, then CK, who else? We're losing a lot of good men these days.

Todd00000
02-02-13, 23:07
The good die young...I don't know what else to say.

Mjolnir
02-02-13, 23:19
Two dead at Rough Creek Lodge
Updated 6 hours ago | Amanda Kimble, Editor news@theglenrosereporter.com

A man called the deadliest sniper in United States history was found dead Saturday.

Chris Kyle was one of two individuals reportedly shot and killed sometime after 3 p.m. at Rough Creek Lodge, according to the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

Kyle, 38, a former Tarleton State University Student and former Navy SEAL who served four tours of duty in Iraq, where he was given the nickname "The Devil of Ramadi" by insurgents.

In January 2012, Harper Collins released Kyle's best selling autobiography, "American Sniper,"

The man suspected of murdering Kyle and the second individual was apprehended near Lancaster hours after the incident, the Empire-Tribune reported.

Eddie Ray Routh was reportedly arrested just before 9 p.m., according to Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant.

The assailant reportedly fled the scene in Kyle's vehicle, which bore the emblem of his business, Craft International, which provides military and law enforcement training.

Erath County Sheriff's investigators, Stephenville police and Texas Rangers responded to the scene and other agencies were on the lookout for the suspect vehicle. The pickup truck was described as a large black four-door truck, elevated high off of the ground. The suspect vehicle is described as completely covered in Rhino Liner with a skull sticker in the back window.
As the search for the suspect heated up, Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant called the suspect is armed and "extremely dangerous," although he declined to elaborate on the statement.

Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale hunting lodge, is located near the Somervell County line on U.S. Highway 67 between the cities of Glen Rose and Stephenville.

The suspected homicide is the second in two days for Erath County investigators. At about 2:30 p.m. Friday, they responded to a residence off of Pigeon Road, where Jeffrey Vegas Sewalt, 59, was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

Bryant said investigators were treated that case as a murder investigation.

Additional details on the Rough Creek case will be provided as soon as they become available.

Mjolnir
02-02-13, 23:22
This unfortunate, dark event will be misconstrued against us.

The other side will draw upon the dangers he faced abroad only to be murdered here in times if peace. Yeah. We know that and agree.

What I'm already hearing is, "see, he was the best if the best and was still killed..."

Don't give up the fight, guys.

ShortytheFirefighter
02-02-13, 23:28
RIP Chris Kyle.

A sad day for all of us. Prayers for him and his family being said tonight.

B Cart
02-02-13, 23:30
Damned sad day. RIP Chris and prayers go out to his family and friends.

sinlessorrow
02-02-13, 23:37
This unfortunate, dark event will be misconstrued against us.

The other side will draw upon the dangers he faced abroad only to be murdered here in times if peace. Yeah. We know that and agree.

What I'm already hearing is, "see, he was the best if the best and was still killed..."

Don't give up the fight, guys.

Sadly when working with friends who suffer from PTSD accidents happen, prayers go out to the family of course.

Ned Christiansen
02-02-13, 23:42
Very bad news indeed.

A very interesting book.... and the numbers are much higher than the official number attributed to Chris.

usmcvet
02-02-13, 23:44
I just bought his book today to read on vacation next week. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Semper Fidelis Chief.

Ned Christiansen
02-02-13, 23:54
Just guessing but this probably would be one way to help his family and for sure getcherself some education on what can be done with a .300 WM:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History/dp/0062082353

Split66
02-02-13, 23:59
Rest in Peace Chris.

gun71530
02-03-13, 00:02
Truly a sad day. RIP

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

SeriousStudent
02-03-13, 00:13
Fair winds and following seas, Chief Kyle.

My thoughts and prayers are with Taya and their children. I hope they receive peace and strength during this horrible time of loss.

I also wish to extend my sympathies to his Teammates. You have lost far, far too many brothers over the last 10 years. I am particularly horrified that his death seems to have been at the hand of a former Marine. Chief Kyle spoke so kindly and thoughtfully of Marines in his book, and risked his life for Marines on so many occasions. To have lost his life in this way, is an especially bitter pill to swallow.

We are diminished. :(

HighSpeedDreams
02-03-13, 00:18
Incredibly saddened by this news.

R.I.P Warrior.

Mauser KAR98K
02-03-13, 01:34
This sucks. WTH!!

God bless him and his family.

This sucks.

Dave L.
02-03-13, 02:11
Just guessing but this probably would be one way to help his family and for sure getcherself some education on what can be done with a .300 WM:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History/dp/0062082353

Great idea Ned. Done.

RIP Warrior.
Prayers sent.

Belmont31R
02-03-13, 04:28
Dang. RIP....:(

RMiller
02-03-13, 04:31
My condolences and prayers.

R0CKETMAN
02-03-13, 04:59
Crazy ****ers...rip dude

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/02/former-navy-seal-american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-reportedly-killed-at-tx-shooting-lodge/

The_War_Wagon
02-03-13, 05:14
A terrible loss for us all, but especially for his wife and children. :( Requiescat in pace...

NoveskeFan
02-03-13, 05:22
Gone too soon. :( Prayers sent.

Magic_Salad0892
02-03-13, 05:46
I was truely shocked to hear this.

RIP.

Canonshooter
02-03-13, 06:04
My condolences to Mr. Kyle's family and friends, and my sincere thanks to all of those who have served.

ffhounddog
02-03-13, 06:47
RIP Chris.

One of the people who would go out of his way to help someone is rare and we as a people are dimisihed by the loss of men like Chris. He put family first and my thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children.

LRB45
02-03-13, 06:56
Truly shocking!

May Chris RIP and prayers sent to his family.

Not sure what happened for the young Marine to do something like this but he was truly suffering from a severe case of PTSD. Hopefully something good will come from this tragedy.

Another sad fact is the media and anti gunners will try and use this to their misguided benefit.

To all who serve, thanks!

munch520
02-03-13, 07:23
Terrible. I 'knew' him through his book, and am especially saddened recalling his passages about wife and family. God be with them in their time of loss.

7 RING
02-03-13, 07:33
Godspeed

d90king
02-03-13, 07:35
Tragic, this is an awful tragedy. We lost a true American hero... Prayers out to his family.

RIP Warrior!

13MPG
02-03-13, 07:36
Damn...

R.I.P.

threeheadeddog
02-03-13, 07:48
RIP

Nothing I can type would suffice

WillBrink
02-03-13, 07:53
We are diminished. Truly.

TurretGunner
02-03-13, 07:59
Fair Winds.

Chris was one of the best this county had to offer.

Prayers for his family...........

mnoe82
02-03-13, 08:10
A true tragedy.

R.I.P.

ReaperAZ
02-03-13, 08:33
Condolences to his friends, family, and those that knew him. Godspeed.

usmcvet
02-03-13, 08:42
Fair winds and following seas, Chief Kyle.

My thoughts and prayers are with Taya and their children. I hope they receive peace and strength during this horrible time of loss.

I also wish to extend my sympathies to his Teammates. You have lost far, far too many brothers over the last 10 years. I am particularly horrified that his death seems to have been at the hand of a former Marine. Chief Kyle spoke so kindly and thoughtfully of Marines in his book, and risked his life for Marines on so many occasions. To have lost his life in this way, is an especially bitter pill to swallow.

We are diminished. :(

Well said. It's frustrating for me and I never new the man. I look forward to reading his book.

UDT
02-03-13, 08:47
RIP, Chris Kyle, SEAL - Warrior!

Alex V
02-03-13, 08:49
This is just not fair...

What could have made that kid snap like this? I have never been witness to PTSD so I honestly don't know.

Was this planned? Accident? Random? Targeted?

In the end, who cares, we lost a hero.

Started reading his book a while back. Never got to finish it as life just seems to get in the way. Will have to pick it up again.

jwfuhrman
02-03-13, 08:51
Super great person. It was an honor to meet him at SHOT this year. Fair Winds and Following Seas Mr Kyle.

Jake'sDad
02-03-13, 08:51
Felt blessed to have met him a couple times. This is just awful.

Another sad fact is the media and anti gunners will try and use this to their misguided benefit.

Unfortunately, you can bet on this.

montanadave
02-03-13, 09:15
Sad in so many ways. My condolences to his family.

J-Dub
02-03-13, 09:26
Very strange stuff. Happened literally 10 miles from where I grew up.

NavyDavy55
02-03-13, 09:38
RIP Chief.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ShipAhoy/Patriotic/FreedomPaysRespect.jpg

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-03-13, 09:59
This is just not fair...

What could have made that kid snap like this? I have never been witness to PTSD so I honestly don't know.

Was this planned? Accident? Random? Targeted?

In the end, who cares, we lost a hero.

Started reading his book a while back. Never got to finish it as life just seems to get in the way. Will have to pick it up again.

Fair winds and following seas, Chief. Thank you for you life and its contributions to mine.

Alex:
I have PTSD, my guess would be he had other issues. I have lost control of myself at times but I never ever though about hurting someone. I do not believe PTSD or anything else for that matter is a justifiable reason for the mans actions, but no doubt the media will use it.

SHIVAN
02-03-13, 10:03
RIP Chris.

tb-av
02-03-13, 10:04
RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

militarymoron
02-03-13, 10:08
RIP chris.

Safetyhit
02-03-13, 10:43
Don't even have the words to describe just how bad this is. If they wrote it as a movie scene they'd throw the script in the trash while ridiculing the writer for his too far reaching imagination.

Adding to the loss, you know word has likely made it overseas and some of them are elated.

jaxman7
02-03-13, 10:48
I saw this thread and kept avoiding it.

Didn't want to read this. Especially after what happened to John Noveske.

As munch said I only knew him through his book but earned a great respect for the man and the life he lived. He saved countless lives by his actions.

Mrs. Kyle, his family, and the SEAL community are in my thoughts.

Mr. Kyle thank you for what you did in life. Striving to be the best. You lived honorably.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/58856_477_Alternate1_zpsb2eca338.jpg

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-03-13, 10:54
Well are we going to do something to commemorate the contributions of all 3 men?

sammage
02-03-13, 11:10
RIP Chris Kyle.

platoonDaddy
02-03-13, 11:17
Not sure what happened for the young Marine to do something like this but he was truly suffering from a severe case of PTSD. Hopefully something good will come from this tragedy.

RIP Chris

Rcvd following from a friend:
Horrible news!! More than once I had had the privilege of treating seals and they are an exceptional group of guys!!

The mental health issue is going to be on the news for a long time, the challenge of this debate would be to establish who is at risk of uncertain behavior, in general terms we are talking about a group of people that are more often abuse and neglected by the health care system and their families.

We all can struggle during our life as we confront different challenges, for example if I tell you that your wife of 40 years has terminal cancer and you get depress and need antidepressant medication, does that means that I have to put you on a list and the police will come and take your guns away??? Who is mentally ill and who is a danger to himself and others is not always clear cut. I can assure you that most, if not all of my boys coming from the war are struggling... A lot of them leave the military to work in a law enforcement or security related field...

My friend as a physician I have an oath of confidentiality..... I know that most of us will not feel comfortable violating that trust! And what about the people that may need help and will not seek it because they would be afraid of been on a list....

I agree that we need to do something, however I am unsure of what that something is.....

OUT

Airhasz
02-03-13, 11:27
Precious Life can be taken from us all at any second, RIP Chris.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-13, 11:28
WTF, this one feels like it hits home for some reason. Fair winds, following seas....

Cagemonkey
02-03-13, 11:35
Just read this while checking my Email. All I can say is WTF. Makes to sense. The hits just keep coming. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

theblackknight
02-03-13, 12:01
I'm not sure who's comments are more incendiary, the anti gunners or the crazy infowars types.

Heartland Hawk
02-03-13, 12:24
I read his book, and did not have the honor of knowing him in real life.

What a colossal waste.

RIP brother.

interfan
02-03-13, 12:28
RIP Brother

Jake'sDad
02-03-13, 12:33
Both times I met him, in my nervousness at meeting such an amazing hero, I could only get out the words "thank you for your service". Didn't seem like enough, but I'm glad I got a chance to say it.

glocktogo
02-03-13, 13:31
RIP Chris. Prayers sent for the family and his brothers in arms.

Damn...:(

Belmont31R
02-03-13, 13:38
I'm not sure who's comments are more incendiary, the anti gunners or the crazy infowars types.

I'd say the leftist anti-military types take the cake. The internet is both wonderful and hideous at the same time but at least we get to see how they really feel. This whole thing of 'we support the troops not the war' thing is just a ruse.

Again RIP to this man and I am thankful for all he did for our country & his fellow soldiers.

D. Christopher
02-03-13, 14:37
Rest in peace Chris, thanks for keeping me safe. Deepest condolences to the Kyle family, he was a strong positive force in this world and we needed him more than words can express.

For those who may have missed it, Chris Kyle was on "Sons of Guns" Season 3, Episode 10. I never could stand to watch more than a few seconds of the show and so I didn't until I heard Chris was going to be on an episode last year. I made a point to record it and keep it and now I'm glad I did.

The episode is about Chris wanting them to build a rifle for his foundation (FITCO) to help returning wounded veterans. They work with Chris and H&K to make an HK416 into his ideal CQB weapon. They donate an MR556A1 for modification and charity auction, and they also loan an HK416 to be modified and returned to H&K.

A profoundly decent human being, and a great American.

Mauser KAR98K
02-03-13, 15:20
I saw this thread and kept avoiding it.

Didn't want to read this. Especially after what happened to John Noveske.

As munch said I only knew him through his book but earned a great respect for the man and the life he lived. He saved countless lives by his actions.

Mrs. Kyle, his family, and the SEAL community are in my thoughts.

Mr. Kyle thank you for what you did in life. Striving to be the best. You lived honorably.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/58856_477_Alternate1_zpsb2eca338.jpg

Well are we going to do something to commemorate the contributions of all 3 men?

Wonder if we could pressure Milspec Monkey to make a patch run for all three men and have some of the proceeds go to the families, particularly Kyle's?

Whiskey_Bravo
02-03-13, 18:26
Absolutely terrible news. RIP. prayers for his family.

czydj
02-03-13, 18:34
RIP Chief Kyle. Prayers for his family...

duece71
02-03-13, 20:27
Unbelieveable, Very sad. Prayers to his family.

jpmuscle
02-03-13, 20:37
I know I am not alone when I say I am truly grateful for being fortunate enough exist in a world where such great men have lived.

RIP Mr. Kyle and thank you for service

TXBob
02-03-13, 22:16
I am often Jealous or even envious of those who serve our county. And while I cannot say if it was because this was local, or for some other reason, this one has struck home. But what impressed me most was how Chris Kyle reached out to those with PTSD--something that is often hidden and ignored by both the public and media. Confronting the brain isn't always the most sexy of headline grabbing, but it is one of the most important because while the body may heal, sometimes the mind is forgotten. Treating our returning vets with dignity and respect that they are rightfully due, while trying to lend a helping hand exceeds all exploits of valor.

Thank you sir for both your service in and our of our armed forces. May you rest with God, and may God grant your family peace through this trial for a man taken from us too soon.

Be in spite of that, a life lived well.

Bravo Zulu SEAL.

Rest now. You have earned it.

SteyrAUG
02-03-13, 22:54
Once again I don't have the words, nor can I comprehend the senselessness of the entire event.

rojocorsa
02-04-13, 00:37
I read his book last year and enjoyed it very much. It was profoundly interesting and educational. I was very sad to learn these news last night.

RIP

M4Fundi
02-04-13, 00:43
He spoke at DSC the other week when I was there. Unreal... its like there is some special evil at work right now...

God Speed Soldier

Magic_Salad0892
02-04-13, 05:58
I've been trying to find the words all day.

I just can't.

Me and my girlfriend lit a candle for him today.

Least we can do for what he did for this country.

My brother cried. Dudes like him, Jason Amerine, Pete Blaber, and LAV are his heroes.

"God let's the light outlive the star..." - Roger Alan Wade

Watrdawg
02-04-13, 08:02
RIP Chris Kyle! I read his book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Men like him are few and far between.

Guns-up.50
02-04-13, 08:27
I have PTSD, my guess would be he had other issues. I have lost control of myself at times but I never ever though about hurting someone. I do not believe PTSD or anything else for that matter is a justifiable reason for the mans actions, but no doubt the media will use it.

Thank you, if I could I would shake your hand, I know many that struggled after coming home but never took it upon themselves to murder. I think most of us struggle in one thing or another, and for the most part its not used as an excuse to be a shit head. I know several on the other side of this too.

This is not an unfortunate act of PTSD its murder, and I hope Texas lives up to their reputation.

Guns-up.50
02-04-13, 08:29
Wonder if we could pressure Milspec Monkey to make a patch run for all three men and have some of the proceeds go to the families, particularly Kyle's?

Ill buy one

munch520
02-04-13, 08:55
Ill buy one

me too

Heartland Hawk
02-04-13, 10:49
me too

Count me in for two..

Koshinn
02-04-13, 10:57

I'm not an expert on ptsd nor a psychologist, but isn't it possible that someone could have much more severe ptsd than you? That out of tens of thousands with ptsd, one has it so severe that it breaks him and leads to murder?

It's the same thing with many of the other illnesses that people blame for mass shootings. The vast vast majority with that mental illness would never go on a shooting spree, but rarely it does happen.

Guns-up.50
02-04-13, 12:37
I'm not an expert on ptsd nor a psychologist, but isn't it possible that someone could have much more severe ptsd than you? That out of tens of thousands with ptsd, one has it so severe that it breaks him and leads to murder?

It's the same thing with many of the other illnesses that people blame for mass shootings. The vast vast majority with that mental illness would never go on a shooting spree, but rarely it does happen.

yes it is possible, but in many cases PTSD = $$.
America is so scared of anther Vietnam home coming that they diagnose everybody with a bad dream with PTSD( they tried this shit on me), and many vets (not all) see dollar signs and jump on it. So in many cases PTSD doesn't hold much weight. My brother in law was in the Navy as a supply guy, banged the neighbor, his wife left him now he has PTSD.
There are many vets with this disorder and its not to be taken lightly but its not a blanket to cover peoples **** ups.

This bitch shot someone in the back and then ran like a coward, thats not PTSD its murder, he knew what he was do and it was wrong otherwise he wouldn't have fled

OldState
02-04-13, 12:44
I hope someone who knows him gets on TV and gets ahead of the media on this. I just heard CNN try to imply that he took him to the range because exposing him the the trauma (I guess shooting any gun in any circumstance is traumatic :mad:) would be therapeutic.

They are already trying to spin this into an anti gun story.

gun71530
02-04-13, 12:49
PTSD doesn't cause someone to murder another in cold blood. I personally think that the fact that this coward has PTSD has anything to do with this incident. The media is just found something they could latch onto.

sboza
02-04-13, 13:43
There is a lot of ignorance here. There are a lot of variables that determine how a traumatic event brings about PTSD symptoms. The event(s), the individual, and the support they receive account for most of these variables. And remember, just because you experienced PTSD, it doesn't mean that another person's journey/situation is identical to yours. Cut that BS out right now. I don't know if the shooter was just another POS or not and until more information becomes available, neither do you guys.

I've had nightmares: gun going click, not being able to save various people, knife going rubbery whereas bg has a machete, and one very disturbing one where I face shoot a bg in a very specific scenario and find that it is a loved one when dead checked (don't like talking about this one). I become more aggressive and although I can control it, I know it is there. I'm usually level headed and cool so when I have an urge to shout or worse at someone(s), I know something is up with me. My heart rate has shot up on several occasions even though I could not distinguish what caused the, I assume, adrenaline release. There are probably other things that have affected me at one time or another but these stick out in my memory.

The key for me is that these effects lasted a short period of time, were mild, and I was able to remain functional and in control! Usually I noticed the effects to last 1-2 months and they taperd off pretty quickly (I do still have a bad dream every now and then). I've found that I handle it better and faster the more I'm exposed to stressful situations. That may well be the opposite of many folks who progressively worsen or never recover in the first place. I'm not a doctor but I know we all handle things differently.

I think there is also the difference between having some PTSD tendencies which many people experience whereas for other folks, those tendencies are so severe that they lose their ability to function in a day to day capacity in society. These are the folks who need the most help. They are not to be feared but we have to understand that their brain chemistry has changed in a fundamental way. If that individual becomes a threat to himself or others, we owe it to them and society to handle that threat appropriately as we concurrently expend resources to aid their psychological recovery.

Throw in the possibly of TBI with our veterans and we have a very complex situation. As a nation, we need to do a lot more for our heroes.

Like I said, the event(s), individual, and they support they receive is crucial.

TurretGunner
02-04-13, 16:38
EDITED

PA PATRIOT
02-04-13, 16:58
Ron Paul is a ass for tweeting what he did on the matter.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/04/ron-pauls-controversial-tweet-about-slain-navy-seal/comment-page-1/

ryr8828
02-04-13, 17:01
Ron Paul is a ass for tweeting what he did on the matter.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/04/ron-pauls-controversial-tweet-about-slain-navy-seal/comment-page-1/
Will his supporters here come to his defense?

Jer
02-04-13, 17:16

Nope, not in the least. I don't support ALL if the man's ideas but I sure as shit support more of them than the candidates the D and R party put forth. While I don't agree with that statement or his stance on a few other things I think that someone like him (read: maybe not him exactly) is about all that separates this country from a violent revolution which is where were headed.

That's all I will say on that topic.

Let's not turn this hero's death into a political debate.

J8127
02-04-13, 17:20

Nope, I'm quite upset with it. The only defense I have seen anyone try to provide is that he "is brave enough to call it like he sees it" but that would imply he knows nothing about PTSD and has a negative view of military members. I don't think he does, I'm sure he was trying to make an anti-war point, but it was far to ignorant, personal, and unrelated.

platoonDaddy
02-04-13, 17:22

I am coming to his defense "**** him!"

Belmont31R
02-04-13, 17:28
Start a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

D. Christopher
02-04-13, 17:37
**** you Ron Paul and your friends and followers.

J-Dub
02-04-13, 18:13
Well I cant say that handing a firearm to someone who has apparently severe mental issuses is a great idea. But if thats something you want to do, by all means do so if you believe it will aid in rehablitaion.

I also firmly believe in the first amendment, and people can say whatever the **** they want to.

Plus i HIGHLY doubt Ron Paul himself uses twitter. Dude's like 80 yrs old. I would assume someone runs it for him just like Facebook.....but hey what do i know. I'll get in line...."**** you RP".

jaxman7
02-04-13, 18:37
Belmont is right fellas. This is not the thread for this. It's about Chris.

-Jax

montanadave
02-04-13, 18:53
I was pleasantly surprised, as I was channel-surfing around lunchtime, to see a segment about Chris Kyle on MSNBC (The Cycle) which paid tribute to his service in Iraq and work with struggling veterans. The piece included some video footage from an appearance Mr. Kyle had made on Dylan Ratigan's show sometime last year. It was a stand-alone segment and no attempt was made (at least during that portion of the show) to tie his tragic death to the larger gun control debate.

jaxman7
02-04-13, 20:19
As per usual when I get home I flick on the radio and listen to talk radio. Whose voice did I hear? Chris Kyle. It was an interview radio talk show host did with Mr. Kyle last year. Always impresses me how humble Chris is.

If you have a few minutes here is the interview:

http://m.soundcloud.com/thelarslarsonshow/ex-navy-seal-sniper-chris-kyle

-Jax

jaxman7
02-11-13, 21:38
Mrs. Kyle,

I am so sorry for the pain brought upon you. But your husband was one of the very few Americans that can and will be considered a hero and true patriot. In death and life may he be honored and respected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_ePFt8yLA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Jax

jaxman7
02-11-13, 22:04
As a post script I must say it sincerely hurts me too watch Taya's heart felt words. I cried watching her speak.

To be the caliber of warrior Chris was is completely honorable. But to ALSO have such an impact and a love and influence on his family speaks in such a huge volume. God bless and keep overwatch on Chris' family.

-Jax

J-Dub
02-11-13, 22:25
Has anyone heard anything about where the investigation is at??? Are they still looking into the incident or case closed?

SeriousStudent
02-11-13, 22:44
As a post script I must say it sincerely hurts me too watch Taya's heart felt words. I cried watching her speak.

To be the caliber of warrior Chris was is completely honorable. But to ALSO have such an impact and a love and influence on his family speaks in such a huge volume. God bless and keep overwatch on Chris' family.

-Jax

I was in Cowboy Stadium today for the memorial service, and listened to her speak. I can understand why Chief Kyle gave up his career in the Navy. She is truly a wonderful woman.

Jerry Jones needs to work on the A/C there. It seemed that everyone was having allergy problems today. I certainly was.

tb-av
02-12-13, 11:07
Obama won't even order flags flown at half mast for him.

tb-av
02-12-13, 11:14
Mrs. Kyle,

I am so sorry for the pain brought upon you. But your husband was one of the very few Americans that can and will be considered a hero and true patriot. In death and life may he be honored and respected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_ePFt8yLA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Jax

Wow, that had to be the toughest thing she has ever done. That's tough to watch. I wish her well.

Doc. Holiday
02-12-13, 13:49
Wow 7,000 people are reported who showed up for his funeral. I wish I could be there myself to be honest... :(

Moose-Knuckle
02-12-13, 15:20
Obama won't even order flags flown at half mast for him.

"What difference at this point does it make!?" - SECSTATE Clinton

The mentality of this administration.

jaxman7
05-01-13, 19:48
Nice touch LaRue.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/kyle-littlefield_bed_zpse29f6317.jpg

"100% of the proceeds raised from the sale of this special Beverage Entry Tool will be divided equally, and given to the families of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield."

http://www.laruetactical.com/chris-kyle-and-chad-littlefield-commemorative-beverage-entry-tool

-Jax

Cagemonkey
05-01-13, 19:51
Nice touch LaRue.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/kyle-littlefield_bed_zpse29f6317.jpg

"100% of the proceeds raised from the sale of this special Beverage Entry Tool will be divided equally, and given to the families of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield."

http://www.laruetactical.com/chris-kyle-and-chad-littlefield-commemorative-beverage-entry-tool

-Jax
Thats pretty cool. Any update on the situation with the Perp?

jaxman7
05-01-13, 19:59
I just googled the murderers name and the most recent news story was in late February. The same month Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield were killed. Infuriating in the sense that this was just some news story of the week to the press.....move along. We have gay basketball players to talk about.

Maybe someone has more up to date info.

-Jax

jpmuscle
05-01-13, 20:00
Kudos to LaRue on that one.

I'm a few chapters into Kyle's book so far, good stuff.

J-Dub
05-01-13, 20:04
I just googled the murderers name and the most recent news story was in late February. The same month Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield were killed. Infuriating in the sense that this was just some news story of the week to the press.....move along. We have gay basketball players to talk about.

-Jaxman7

How were they supposed to cover it? The suspect was apprehended, I assume he is awaiting trial. Not much else to cover as far as news goes.

Maybe you're suggesting like a dateline special or 60 minutes piece??

jaxman7
05-01-13, 20:07
How were they supposed to cover it? The suspect was apprehended, I assume he is awaiting trial. Not much else to cover as far as news goes.

We obviously disagree. Leaving it at that. Not starting an arguement in this thread.

-Jax

Cagemonkey
05-01-13, 20:08

-JaxThanks for the update. Its sad how things pertaining to our hero's/vets, get swept under the rug.

Magic_Salad0892
05-01-13, 22:27

Absolutely. People should know his name.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-02-13, 07:11

Exactly. Most people can tell you who all the Kardashian chicks are banging, but get a puzzled look on their face like a monkey doing a math problem when you mention a name like Chris Kyle, Carlos Hathcock, or Michael Patrick Murphy.

jpmuscle
05-03-13, 03:18

Hopefully this helps.

American Sniper, the movie. (http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r?hop=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deadline.com%2F2013%2F05%2Fbradley-cooper-on-american-sniper-with-steven-spielberg%2F)

jaxman7
05-03-13, 04:07
Hopefully this helps.

American Sniper, the movie. (http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r?hop=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deadline.com%2F2013%2F05%2Fbradley-cooper-on-american-sniper-with-steven-spielberg%2F)

Out freaking standing. Lone Survivor and now this. Please please please Hollyweird don't screw these up.

Bradley Cooper as Chris has me a little concerned. I just can't picture him as the man he will be portraying. We'll see.

Thanks for that update.

-Jax

JSantoro
05-03-13, 09:02
I saw a blurb on Victory First's FB page that I wholeheartedly agree with; I'm certain that I don't have it verbatim, but...

"How he portrays this role will be what decides whether I love him or hate him as an actor for the rest of his career."

RCI1911
05-03-13, 13:42
Hopefully this helps.

I saw this too...hope they don't cock it up!

Doc. Holiday
05-03-13, 14:12
I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they don't try to low budget anything on it.

jaxman7
05-03-13, 14:44
I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they don't try to low budget anything on it.

Doubt it with Spielberg at the helm.

Let's pray for excellent technical advisors.

-Jax

Doc. Holiday
05-03-13, 15:08
Amen to that

SeriousStudent
05-04-13, 01:07
I'm very happy to hear they will make a movie about Chief Kyle.

If I were them, I'd be very careful to make it respectful to his memory. If they don't, the film critics they would get to deal with would make them wish they had.

gun71530
05-04-13, 01:33
Out freaking standing. Lone Survivor and now this. Please please please Hollyweird don't screw these up.

Bradley Cooper as Chris has me a little concerned. I just can't picture him as the man he will be portraying. We'll see.

Thanks for that update.

-Jax

As I understand it, Bradley Cooper was the driving force behind actually making this movie. I think he will do a fine job.

jaxman7
07-22-13, 06:21
For those who read the book do you recall the story when Chris Kyle punched Jesse Ventura?

Well this dirt bag has been authorized by a judge to go ahead with a defamation lawsuit against Chris. What's even worse is that Mrs. Taya Kyle may be dragged to court and have to be a 'replacement defendant' for her deceased husband. She has been through enough already.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/21/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-vs-murdered-navy-seal-can-move-forward-judge-says/

-Jax

sinlessorrow
07-22-13, 06:26
For those who read the book do you recall the story when Chris Kyle punched Jesse Ventura?

Well this dirt bag has been authorized by a judge to go ahead with a defamation lawsuit against Chris. What's even worse is that Mrs. Taya Kyle may be dragged to court and have to be a 'replacement defendant' for her deceased husband. She has been through enough already.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/21/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-vs-murdered-navy-seal-can-move-forward-judge-says/

-Jax

Ugh his tv show alone should be enough to show hes a quack.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-22-13, 07:22
The last hope Jesse Ventura had for proving he's not a total scumbag was to let this go after Chris' death.

NavyDavy55
07-22-13, 08:14
Ventura a man with no honor.

Doc. Holiday
07-22-13, 09:05
Talking about disrespecting the dead. The guy has some balls, he has to wait until Chris can't speak for himself. A**hole...

glocktogo
07-22-13, 12:25
What a magnificent shithead. :mad:

SeriousStudent
07-22-13, 20:23
Talking about disrespecting the dead. The guy has some balls, he has to wait until Chris can't speak for himself. A**hole...

While I have absolutely no love whatsoever for Jesse Ventura, he did file the original lawsuit while Chief Kyle was alive. The ruling allows Ventura to substitute the widow Taya Kyle for the deceased original defendant, since she is the executor for the estate. This is in no way a defense of Ventura. It is an explanation.

I was at Chief Kyle's memorial service in Texas Stadium. I do not have words to describe how I felt that day.

CodeRed30
07-23-13, 04:44
I think maybe a few ST3 brothers need to make a house call...

Sensei
07-23-13, 07:32
While I have absolutely no love whatsoever for Jesse Ventura, he did file the original lawsuit while Chief Kyle was alive. The ruling allows Ventura to substitute the widow Taya Kyle for the deceased original defendant, since she is the executor for the estate. This is in no way a defense of Ventura. It is an explanation.

I was at Chief Kyle's memorial service in Texas Stadium. I do not have words to describe how I felt that day.

I'm a little torn about this. First, I think that JV is a complete quack. On the other hand, I can find no credible evidence to support Kyle's account of the events. If that book is indeed a libelous attack on JV, I can't blame him for wanting it pulled from shelves. Kyle accused him of some vile shit that appears to have been nothing more than a publicity stunt and marketing campaign.

Moose-Knuckle
07-23-13, 15:29
I can find no credible evidence to support Kyle's account of the events. If that book is indeed a libelous attack on JV, I can't blame him for wanting it pulled from shelves. Kyle accused him of some vile shit that appears to have been nothing more than a publicity stunt and marketing campaign.

This is my thoughts on the matter as well. JV is not suing the widow per say, a judge ruled that the widow is now the owner of the book and its proceeds. This ball was rolling before Kyle's murder.

Has any of Kyle's other claims been met any scrutiny? Like when he shot and killed a car jacker here in TX and the LEOs called a JSOC hotline and let him go with out so much as being questioned?