PDA

View Full Version : My first hunt

Blwn99x
02-02-13, 21:34
today i went out for my first hunting experience. i have been with others on impromptu shooting "things" but i have never killer anything myself. my good friend took me on a hog hunt here in florida. i brought my 14.5" black rain/ seekins build in 223 wylde with some nosler 60gr ballistic tip handloads i made (just started reloading a few months ago too).The first hog i was on the swamp buggy and she was about 20 yards out front in the palmetto bushes, she popped her head out and BANG! right in front of the ear hole. As I got off the buggy my friend, saw another sow off to the right and he made a b-line for her...BANG...one for him. we loaded the pigs up and went farther into the woods. the next one shot across the trail and dug into some 7ft high sawgrass marsh. my friend watched the hog zip right past me and zig zag through the marsh, as the hog hit a small opening I tried to line up a shot and misssed. the hog ran about 50 yards toward a deep creek and i caught up to it in the palmetto bushes again. the pig made a slow turn away from me and BANG...SQUEAL...Flop. my second and lat hog for the day. i was unsure how i would feel about hunting but i have to say i really enjoyed the day and look forward to going again. sorry for the long story but today was AWESOME! I wish i would have gone out before the age of 32

kry226
02-03-13, 05:52
Congrats. Welcome to the madness. There is no cure, so don't fight it. :cool:

FlyingHunter
02-03-13, 08:48
Congrats on a successful hunt

rocsteady
02-03-13, 11:39
Glad to hear that it went well. I got out for the first time last year and am also sorry I waited so long to try it out.

Now just have to find job that will pay me to shoot hogs. Failing that, I'll look for the job that pays waaaay too much and gives me lots of time off to travel back to TX.

Congrats on your day!

Atlshaun
02-03-13, 19:41
Congrats.

Nothing like it.

Blwn99x
02-04-13, 22:36
i agree there is no cure, it was definitely like crack :lol: I saw a coyote today across the street in the empty lots and i ran after it and tried to find it for about 20 mins...Yup im hooked. That yote is next on my list

Sooie
02-17-13, 12:18
congrats!

kill it and grill it, i always say!

Blwn99x
02-17-13, 20:09
and thats exacctly what we did, well...smoked it than smoked it :lol:

walker2713
09-22-13, 14:30
Congrats and thanks for the report!!

Would love to see some pics!